Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

2.2

Assistant General Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in March 2017.

Interview

I was very quickly brought in for one interview, to "match a face to a name" and then I was told to come in bright and early the next day for a more comprehensive interview.
    I got there for interview round two at the same time as several other applicants, and I was soon assigned to an employee to have a "casual talk" and "get to know each other and the company". This employee took me out of the office for coffee in their personal vehicle, ostensibly to have a friendly chat but in reality I think it was a way to create a captive audience. Now that I was trapped in a coffee shop with the employee, they started working me over with the flashy sales plan that they kept insisting was "not really sales, just helping people, just having honest conversations with them." Honest conversations sound nice, but remember that this "friendly conversation" was taking place at a coffee shop that I could only leave by getting back into the car with this person. There was a lot of social pressure put on me to remain there and keep listening to the pitch, even though I knew it was nothing I wanted.
    I applied for the position of "Assistant General Manager Trainee", but I was interviewing for "door to door salesman" because it seems that is the only job they are hiring for. They list a LOT of openings on various job sites, like "Sales Team Leader" and "Training Management Opportunity", but I suspect they all lead to this one job. The reason being that this is a multi-level marketing scheme, where the way to advance to the higher paying positions lies in, and I quote "training four other people to be more successful than you". To get ahead you have to recruit four people that achieve more than you, and for them to achieve more than you that means THEY need to recruit 4 more people that are more successful than THEM, etc. This is sold to you as a plus, like it's a good thing to have this kind of super competitive behavior in the office to push you further. It's actually a predatory structure that is built to take advantage of desperate and naiive workers who think that THEY can rise up the ranks where others have failed.
    In short, I think this sort of thing should be illegal, tread carefully.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank these three things in terms of importance to you: Money, Culture, and Opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview, and retracted my application after researching the company and preparing for the interview. If one reads the company website, it is unclear what they do. When scheduling the interview, I asked for specifics, and was given vague responses on everything from expectations and pay. If one compares the company job postings with any other reputable marketing firm in DC area (e.g. Booz Allen Hamilton), it's a stark contrast. Zerin does not post required experience or qualifications. Every marketing firm I could find lists 'BA/BS preferred'. I have a BA, a masters, and I am working on a PhD. However, these degrees are entirely in the humanities. While I certainly have proficiency in excel (another prerequisite that Zerin doesn't list), but I became suspicious that I would be pursued so passionately because I have no business, finance, or accounting degree, background, or experience. I was told that this wasn't necessary as internal training would provide necessary information. It seemed odd, but I accepted the idea...until I began to see on multiple sites (Glassdoor, ZipRecruiter, and simply random reviews from google searches) that Zerin was actually offering a position that was door to door sales. I have not seen a single positive review that doesn't seem or state that it was written by an employee. The most disturbing trend I began to notice was not only that the job was commission based and sales but also that a disconcerting number of people posted that the commission is not even given to the "executive," and if one looks through reviews on several sites there is a consistent theme: one is expected to work at least 12 hours per day, told they could become management, and had serious issues getting paid for their work. More than 5 posts I saw said "expected to go door to door regardless of weather."

If you read the "revamped website," carefully (I examined every page), it is 40% sappy motivational quotes - annoying but whatever, and 60% pyramid scheme. For example, read the full job post for junior executive, management and whatever the highest rank is. It lacks specifics, but is clearly communicating that "if you give 100%" (and it really sounds like a lot of this is faith that one will learn more about the company the more one is committed to an ephemeral "team") then you will get training, and move up to the next level where one gets more insight, and once you reach senior management then you are fully in touch with the business and the business world. That description sounds close enough to a promotion and business model that it's almost convincing; except if you read other posts from different companies. All of them are up front with expectations, pay, and experience. Post after post said that they interviewed because they thought Zerin was an opportunity (it is "executive"), only to find themselves doing door to door sales. Even if that's the only shady thing here, it's really really shady that it's a consistent theme...it's unacceptable that they are not upfront with the job description...(disregarding the fact that their own website describes the company structure in a way that is eerily similar to Scientology - toxic environment, the longer one stays and more committed one becomes, the more enlightened and presumably wealthy you become).

...I have an island I want to sell you!

*btw, I figured out why my search for "copy editing," "education," and "tutor" all result in an offer from Zerin (also listed as "confidential company," nothing suspicious about that). If you look at the bottom of their posts, they have a paragraph list of search term keywords. Look through them - basically if you search for anything, in any field, you will get Zerin listings somewhere on the list. Do you think that Amazon marketing, Booz Allen, or any legitimate company does that? Course not, because they want people for a specific role. There's so much that is shady about this company, I notified them I was pulling my application. I would be very surprised if a company that doesn't require clearance and is still cagey about who they are wasn't also teetering on the line of legality. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a 3 Round Interview process over a 2 day span. You first meet with an assistant manager and go over a personality quiz to see if it is a good fit, then a team leader, will do a 1 on 1 where you cover your resume and what are things you would bring to the table for their company and finally another Assistant Manager where they do a follow up on the second round and inform you that they will be in contact if you are accepted.

Interview Questions

• What is something not on your resume that you can tell about yourself?   1 Answer

Mar 9, 2017

We value your feedback, thank you for taking the time to review our company!

Unknown Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Consultation, which takes about 30 minutes. Basic questions are asked. This is a 1:1 interview which gives you an idea of the people in charge. We went over my resume, the type of work environment, and what type of company Zerin is and there clients.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting in February 2017.

Interview

First round I was welcomed by the manager and asked a few general questions.
    Second round I was told basic responsibilities and daily activities of this position. It seems like a door to door sales position which is not what I expected, so I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite toy in your childhood? What will you be in 5 years?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (New York, NY).

Interview

I got a call without even applying to the company. I think they found my resume on Ziprecruiter. They call me in for an interview the next day. I accepted, I met with the CEO, the interview lasted about 20 minutes. He was very nice but it surprised me that he did not asked me anything about my previous jobs and experience. Not a single question. He told me I was going to get notify if I passed to the second round the very same day. Indeed I got a call saying that I had to come on Monday for 4 hours. The interview was very easy, chill. I wrote down some of the questions he asked me. I left feeling confident. Yet, I have decided I will not take the job. I did not had the time to check on glassdoor before the first interview. Now that I have read all the comments about the position they offered me, and several people mentioned how it is actually a door-to-door sells job commission based -- I AM HORRIFIED. That is definitely not what I want to do. In the first interview they never mentioned that. I think it should be clarified since the beginning so people do not get their hopes up and go there thinking they will start a job that is not even close to what they think.

Interview Questions

• -Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
      -What are the 3 words that best describe yourself?
      -Name one thing you think you need to work on
      - How do you define success?
      - Why this company?
      Answer Question

Jan 15, 2017

Hello, Thank you for taking your time to review Zerin Business Consulting. However, I believe your review has found its way to the wrong page. Zerin Business Consulting is located in Virginia ... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

This is another one of those "you can be a territory manager." You get "selected" to attended an interview process where you will be seated with 8 other applicants. Everyone is very nicely dressed to put on a show for you however, most of the rooms don't even have desks. You don't even get interviewed you get told what this "marketing" company is about and if you are interested you will be asked to come back to see how it works. You sell some sort of product. Again it's almost door to door sales but they won't admit it unless you pry the info out of them. Nevertheless, if you do well selling whatever gimmick they have going on you can be promoted to a "manager." Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

It's door to door sales posing as a marketing company.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

So, I applied via a job site as I was job hunting. An HR person got in touch with me. She was so nice! The call with her made me feel comfortable with the position, even though I was looking for more than an entry level position. This was the first round. I have not decided if I will be moving forward, b/c I am looking for more of a Senior leadership position. But if I was younger and looking for a job to build my skill set, and also feel supported, this would be it!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Mar 9, 2017

We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to meet with us! Best luck on your job search.

Beginning Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting.

Interview

They took us through a formal interview process for a job that seems to be a scam. Luckily I spoke to a friend to who had also been through the process, and the job is actually door-to-door sales while being pitched as entry-level business. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Sales and Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I got a email about an interview I asked when and it all was pretty fast
    Kind of a long commute but I did not like the vibe that was given off