Zerin Business Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.2

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

The job description is deceptive. It is essentially a Multilevel Marketing where initiates do door-to-door sales. The interview is cursory and is really only selling the company to you.

You are required to come in at 7AM each day for the "atmosphere" where the CEO gives a pep talk about how you can advance if you work hard enough. (The atmosphere was akin to an obnoxious pep rally - the louder you scream your devotion to the Junior Varsity lacrosse team, the sooner you can finish your homework. When the boss yells "Hey what?", on cue the employees all yell "Hey what?") Showing up to the atmosphere is mandatory. Imagine doing for every workday. If you do not make the sales quota, you are also obligated to come in on Saturday. If you don't, you are fired. None of this was on the job listing.

Interview Questions

I'm straight out of college and thought to give one day a try, figuring the job to be mostly cold calling. However, the company demands more of its employees than it states and for pitiful pay.

Mar 9, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review Zerin. However, if you declined the job offer as you stated, how would you know details of employee meetings? You caught us! We are guilty as charged... More

Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. The first round was a 10-15 minutes with the CEO. He asked a few basic questions, I think he wanted to know if you can fit in their company. The second round was chatting with one of their manager for 2 hours. She took me out for a coffee. She basically broke down everything, such as job duty, salary range etc. I was offered third round, but I did not go. Their team is absolutely lovely, a very diverse and supportive environment. They sell Telecom products to small business owners and employees. So you have to go to stores in your region like everyday to sell mobile products. They asked so many candidates to come in, and arranged the interviews on the second/third day after they called you. If thats something you are looking for, go for it. If not, do not bother.

Interview Questions

Not the kind of work I would love to do

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

My resume was found on the website. I got a phone call about arranging an interview. The recruiter told me I should come to their company and talked with their CEO. Not many details about the job itself. Just some basic behavioral questions.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Great interview process! The interview lasted about 30mins with a series of questions that weren't difficult to answer. My interviewer was very friendly and I had an overall great interview experience. All my questions were clearly answered and everyone I interacted with in the process was very welcoming and helpful. I only have positive feelings on my interview process.

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to meet with us and review the company!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Arlington, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was very friendly. I was asked questions about my background, ambitions, and future goals and why I might be a good fit for their company. And the second step is

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Walk into a small lobby designed to have to you sit among at least 7 others interviewing at the same time. Wide range of people pulled in. Basic behavioral questions. Nothing deep: "Where do you see yourself in five years." Very clear that image and titles were important and it all felt very fake.

Company has absolutely NO information on it's clients or practices out online. Makes it impossible to realize what you're walking into until you're actually there. Even in the interview, the CEO was extremely limited on what the role would be and what a typical day would consist of. If you do accept the interview request, take it with a huge grain of salt and use it as practice to sniff out bs.

Interview Questions

Clear that this is a direct sales and door to door sales company masquerading as a "consulting firm."

May 31, 2016

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience. We actually don't work with residential clients, we work solely with business owners in the DMV area. Sorry for the confusion, and we wish you the... More

Zerin Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

A complete waste of time. It is very inconsiderate to mislead job seekers. One of their "recruiters" contacted me pertaining to a business consulting position. I was scheduled an interview with the "CEO". The interview was no longer than 10 minutes. He mainly asked me about my background and briefly went over the company. Later that day the "recruiter" contacted me for a second interview. The second interview was with a "trainer". We grabbed a cup of coffee and started the interview. He went more in-depth of what the job consisted of. Basically it is a door to door sales position, based on commission. None of this foolishness was mentioned on their website or even the first interview. Very misleading and a waste of gas. Thanks for the free tea though!

Interview Questions

Zerin Business Consulting Response

Mar 24, 2016

Hello! We appreciate your feedback. We apologize that you felt mislead in your job search with us. Mark, our CEO, as well as our advertisements clearly state the nature of the position and what it... More

Account Executive Interview

Interview

I applied through my school's recruiting website. They invited me to interview with them just a 2 days after that. I went in for a brief interview, which was conducted very professionally. But what bothered me was that they were not clear about exactly what the job would consist of. Then they mentioned that they wanted to consider me for their management training program. They got back to me later that day to schedule a second interview. I canceled the second interview after reading more on Glassdoor about what I would be doing, which is, according to most reviewers, a door-to-door sales job. They did not even say the word "sales" in their job posting on my school's recruiting site. They glorified the position just to get anxious college students and recent graduates to apply. I felt misled and hoodwinked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was basically easy, a lot of big words used by management team but eventually I found out it was a door-to-door sales. I attended training sessions and I got nervous about what I am about to do with this career. The atmosphere, environment was good but the outcome did not come out as I expected. I do not think it is a right move for me.

"Marketing" Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zerin Business Consulting (McLean, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Red Flag #1 - A recruiter from Zerin Business Consulting called me, claiming that the CEO received my job application and the resume I sent them, and wanted to interview me immediately. The catch? I never applied for a job with them. I double checked all of ZBC's current job postings across several major career websites, and noticed that each job (from Junior Executive to Entry Level) had the exact same list of qualifications and responsibilities. All jobs were 100% identical.

Red Flag #2 - During they call, the recruiter didn't pre-screen me or ask me any questions about my work experience or advanced education.

Red Flag #3 - I agreed to give them a chance and scheduled the interview. One, they gave me no choice about what time I could interview. Tomorrow or nothing, essentially. Two, they promised to send me a follow up email on where to go, what to bring, and what to wear. I never received an email. Three, I am a professional with a master's degree. Why would you need to send me information on how to dress for an interview?

Red Flag #4 - I looked at ZBC's Glassdoor page to get a feel for potential interview questions and information about benefits. The consensus on the site seemed to be that ZBC is a door-to-door sales company masquerading their positions as professional sales and marketing jobs.

Red Flag #5 - The recruiter I spoke to on the phone told me to call her back at a particular number if I had questions. (I wanted to cancel the interview.) I called, and the line was not in service and not affiliated with ZBC. Next, I called the number listed on the company website. The number was again not in service.

Interview Questions

• None. They did not ask me any questions relevant to the job or my qualifications during our phone conversation.   1 Answer