Zeta Global Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zeta Global

2.8

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email with an invite to interview very quickly. The recruiter asked me a couple of brief questions about my experience. It was a weird interview. The recruiter seemed overworked and didn't know the name of the current intern which is why I declined the offer. I rather work at a place where I feel comfortable working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recruiting experience   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief telephone interview screen asking general questions. The person on the phone seemed to fumble and repeat responses. 1st Interview met with the HR manager she was very pleasant and gave tips for the next interview. 2nd interview with upper HR management: one of them had no questions for me and was actually on her phone the majority of time, so unprofessional. The other interviewer asked a few questions and would cut me off when I responded. They seemed uninterested the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you did like and did not like about your last job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with the HR team and COO for the HR Generalist position and had a very pleasant experience. Communication had a quick turnaround and the interview process was well structured. I had two phone interviews and two on-site interviews in their Midtown office. The interviews were pointed to test for general HR depth and breadth but were also quite candid.

The team was knowledgeable and - most notably - did not make the interviews feel rushed. In the end, no offer was made, but I did receive a courteous phone call instead of a generic email, which was a nice touch not all companies adhere to.

Interview Questions

• What impact have you seen HR play on a team/organization?   1 Answer

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeta Global.

Interview

The process took a few weeks. It started with an initial phone interview from the recruiter. A few days after that I was asked to come in and have a face to face interview with the head of the team. Then they set me up with two more phone interviews. Every interview seemed to go really, really well with the last phone interview talking about me being on the team and what it would be like.

All communication was done with an office assistant and I responded to her after the last interview about what great experiences I had and to please share my thanks with each person that I interviewed with etc. Your basic thank you follow up done a bit unconventionally. After 4 interviews, I expected to hear something but never heard back again. Not an official no or anything of the sort.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Looking for past experience, platforms experienced and strong focus on PowerPoint and presentation skills.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Typical interview process with preliminary phone screen by HR, followed by phone screen by the Hiring Manager, and 3 in-person final round interviews with HM, another team member, and HR.
    Phone screen: Hiring Manager was excited to hear about my background (Big 4) and that I wanted to join a startup. I got called in for a final round a week later.
    Final round:
    1st interviewer- said he thought I was a good fit and "even though I shouldn't say this, would love to have you on-board"
    2nd interviewer- asked multiple times why I wanted to join a start-up even though I had better options coming out of Big 4. When I said a few positive things about start-ups and why I wanted to join, asked me if my employment was secure at my current post.
    HM- Kept waiting for about half an hour. Asked me why I wanted to join a startup and whether I still had my job at my current firm. Then, after two questions, said she had to run to a meeting and thanked me for coming in.

Overall, a very bizarre final round with no communication afterwards. The most displeasant part of the whole process was being asked, essentially, if I was only trying to join the firm because I had been fired. Even if I had, it is unprofessional to ask that directly and shows a lack of belief in their own firm attracting talent.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is your current employment secure?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeta Global (San Mateo, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I got a call from HR and He asked for perfect timing for telephonic interview. The interview was for an hour. He asked about my previous job profile and about my work. He asked how would I deal with dependent variables in Logistic Regression?

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zeta Global (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called. Interview with VP of talent. Then onsite and met 3 people. Two dev directors and the vp/gm.
    All are coming from acquisition of adchemy action (a division of Adchemy). Energy level is closed to zero, interest in trying new things is low. Interview was easy - not sure what are the criteria for selecting a candidate. They seem disconnected from the HQ in NYC.

After 90 minutes spent there I was asking myself what I was doing. I declined the next steps. The honeymoon was already over.
    I believe it will be good if you look for something low key, easy work, no expectation either.

Interview Questions

• What is your company vision?
      Why are you leaving?
      Have you managed people?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

it was pretty tough. they wanted me to explain a lot. but i didn't know all the answers. i wasn't sure if they'd be happy with the story i presented. in the end, i think that it wokred out bc I really like the person i was speaking with. i think there's a really great ooprtunity. very exctied.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I freelanced for this company for a few months and eventually was hired full-time. The interview was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. It was fairly standard, nothing controversial or particularly noteworthy. The two bosses who interviewed me were professional, articulate and straight-forward. My freelancing background with the company certainly aided me in the process. If they didn't have experience working for me, I may not have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zeta Global (San Mateo, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They have general coding question in HTML and SQL and CSS. I interviewed with three different people, individually at separate times. I had a phone interview then later an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with your supervisor and how did you handle it   Answer Question