Zeta Global Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed with 2 Attorneys, met with HR. Normal interview nothing difficult just chatting and discussing school and work experiences. Followed up with HR and they never got back to me, NOT PROFESSIONAL.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Typical interview process with preliminary phone screen by HR, followed by phone screen by the Hiring Manager, and 3 in-person final round interviews with HM, another team member, and HR.
    Phone screen: Hiring Manager was excited to hear about my background (Big 4) and that I wanted to join a startup. I got called in for a final round a week later.
    Final round:
    1st interviewer- said he thought I was a good fit and "even though I shouldn't say this, would love to have you on-board"
    2nd interviewer- asked multiple times why I wanted to join a start-up even though I had better options coming out of Big 4. When I said a few positive things about start-ups and why I wanted to join, asked me if my employment was secure at my current post.
    HM- Kept waiting for about half an hour. Asked me why I wanted to join a startup and whether I still had my job at my current firm. Then, after two questions, said she had to run to a meeting and thanked me for coming in.

Overall, a very bizarre final round with no communication afterwards. The most displeasant part of the whole process was being asked, essentially, if I was only trying to join the firm because I had been fired. Even if I had, it is unprofessional to ask that directly and shows a lack of belief in their own firm attracting talent.

Interview Questions

• Q: Is your current employment secure?   1 Answer

Director Role In Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with Hiring Manager; In-person Interview with Business Leaders; Met their Benefits Sponsor for questions; Received offer. A relatively simple process, to be honest. Thorough but not long or drawn out at all.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I received an email with an invite to interview very quickly. The recruiter asked me a couple of brief questions about my experience. It was a weird interview. The recruiter seemed overworked and didn't know the name of the current intern which is why I declined the offer. I rather work at a place where I feel comfortable working.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recruiting experience   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in a office with two people in the background who were talking away, which made me feel uncomfortable. I believe there should've been a an office or a conference room that was set aside for this interview; it was unprofessional from the start. After going through my resume thoroughly the interviewer wasn't engaged, instead she asked me if I had any questions. After asking about her transition into the organization because she was fairly new, she ended the interview and walked me out. I had more questions, but it was quite clear that she already chose someone else for this role.

I would say stay away from this organization until they get some structure.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY).

Interview

Brief telephone interview screen asking general questions. The person on the phone seemed to fumble and repeat responses. 1st Interview met with the HR manager she was very pleasant and gave tips for the next interview. 2nd interview with upper HR management: one of them had no questions for me and was actually on her phone the majority of time, so unprofessional. The other interviewer asked a few questions and would cut me off when I responded. They seemed uninterested the whole time.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you did like and did not like about your last job?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I met with the HR team and COO for the HR Generalist position and had a very pleasant experience. Communication had a quick turnaround and the interview process was well structured. I had two phone interviews and two on-site interviews in their Midtown office. The interviews were pointed to test for general HR depth and breadth but were also quite candid.

The team was knowledgeable and - most notably - did not make the interviews feel rushed. In the end, no offer was made, but I did receive a courteous phone call instead of a generic email, which was a nice touch not all companies adhere to.

Interview Questions

• What impact have you seen HR play on a team/organization?   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

it was pretty tough. they wanted me to explain a lot. but i didn't know all the answers. i wasn't sure if they'd be happy with the story i presented. in the end, i think that it wokred out bc I really like the person i was speaking with. i think there's a really great ooprtunity. very exctied.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I freelanced for this company for a few months and eventually was hired full-time. The interview was a phone interview and then an in-person interview. It was fairly standard, nothing controversial or particularly noteworthy. The two bosses who interviewed me were professional, articulate and straight-forward. My freelancing background with the company certainly aided me in the process. If they didn't have experience working for me, I may not have gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Technical Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zeta Global (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring was actually done by an external company (Randstad), worked there for two weeks as a temp then got hired as a regular employee for the company but I've been to interviews and the questions asked are fair questions regarding the position being solicited and not trying to overwhelm the person with difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• In my case no questions were asked as I was working there as a temporary employee before being asked to join the company full time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just asked if I wanted to become a regular employee but working on a different department as there was a spot opening that I qualified for.