Zeta Global Senior Database Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zeta Global Senior Database Developer Interview Questions

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middlesbrough, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zeta Global (Middlesbrough, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview which was mostly a getting to know you and introduction to the role. The manager seemed personable but I has to ask about pay. I suggested a range which was well lower than I was getting but he still insisted this was upper range. I was still interested in the role though so accepted a follow up interview on site in Middlesbrough.
The building itself is one of those out-dated trading estate places in the middle of nowhere. I almost got into my car at that point but decided to remain professional. The interview started with a simple SSIS test on a well outdated computer the manager kept for the purpose in his office. I did OK but missed a bit of testing; pressure of interview I suppose. He was OK with this and we moved on to an introduction and situational type questions, we were joined by A.N. Other at this point.
Overall I was struggling to understand what they wanted out of the role. It was less of a developer role and more of an analysis and specification role for on-boarding an off-shore team in India. This in my opinion was not what I was expecting and certainly was not worth the package they seemed willing to pay. I did not leave feeling that we had clicked and in fact it felt quite awkward.
The manager admitted that they had been looking for a few months at this point. Draw from this what you will.
Hope this helps but my advice is to avoid.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a developer who writes bad code?   2 Answers