Ziba Design Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR).

Interview

Fantastic interview process. 3 stages. Skype / phone with senior interaction designers, Skype / phone call with head of the IxD dept, and finally an onsite interview that lasts all day. The onsite was the best part of the interview because you get to speak with as many people in the IxD department and any other person that works at Ziba. Even though you might have to present your work, the interactions were more conversations about your process instead of a formal critique / presentations.

Interview Questions

• What kind of contribution(s) could you bring to a team working on a digital product?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR).

Interview

Interview process took a few weeks. The people I talked to were very friendly and easy to talk to. Usually was in a group room so you have a one on one with a few people separately. Come prepared with knowledge about the company and some good questions about the position. Dress is more business casual/trendy.

Communication Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR).

Interview

I reached out to the design department for an informational interview and after Skyping with them submitted a resume online for the summer internship. I was later contacted about interviewing for the position and Skyped with the design director and another designer to present two pieces of my choosing from my portfolio.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too hard, they asked some specifics about the pieces I presented but nothing that was out of my realm of knowledge about my own work.   Answer Question

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR).

Interview

My interview consisted of a round table interview in their main conference room. There was a mix of Creative Directors, account people and the owner himself. The interview was proceeding normally until the end at which point the owner started to get quite heated. I'm not sure what I said to set him off, but it was quite awkward.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a paper about which archetypes. It was actually quite easy. It was just more of a nuisance.   Answer Question

I'm sure the owner is incredibly talented, but I'm assuming from the interview process that his personality creates a hostile work environment.

Consumer Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR) in June 2012.

Interview

I still have my fingers crossed for next steps, but carrying work samples is a good idea

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR) in November 2011.

Interview

Great office space. Lots of interviews to get to a final round with one of the owners - apparently I said something not so awesome. No offer received.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ziba Design (Portland, OR) in December 2010.

Interview

Was called, after submitting a resume online over a year prior. After a phone interview I was asked to come in, show my resume, portfolio, and reel.