Ziff Davis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ziff Davis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

HR Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ziff Davis in June 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter. Withdrew myself from the process. The interviewer was extremely rude and unprofessional. I was very uncomfortable when I started asking him questions. His answers were very rude and tried to make me sound stupid. When I replied with my explanation proving I knew what I was talking about, he was extremely rude and passive aggressive. Do yourself a favor and stay away!

Director of Ad Ops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vallejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ziff Davis (Vallejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

After a personal introduction internally, I interviewed with the VP of Ad Ops over the phone, then later in the week with the Director of Programmatic and then the SVP of Sales. All the interviews were over the phone went exceptionally well and I got positive feedback from everybody. I asked what the next step was and was told that I simply needed to provide 3 references which I dutifully emailed back. The process then seemed to stall over the issue of compensation with the budgeted amount being on the very low end of the market rate for an experienced Director of Ad Ops.

Unfortunately after another month of back and forth conversation the result was an abrupt three point email that the company thanked me for my application, that no offer would be forthcoming and that they would keep my resume on file. This turn of events was quite a surprise to me based on how I had interpreted the interview process up to that point, but perhaps I had read too much into the conversation.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Started with one phone call. Then had an in person meeting at a hotel lobby when the senior manager was visiting in town. Then they flew me to HQ to meet top mgmt. Then another interview and some role playing. So it was fairly thorough but was good

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ziff Davis in September 2016.

Interview

Received a call from HR (phone screen) asking about my experience, prior job responsibilities and reason why I'm leaving my current company. After that, was invited to the office and interviewed with 4 different people. Interview was conversational and centered on my past responsibilities, suitability for the job, etc. Received an offer within the week.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace. Give an example.   Answer Question

Ad Ops Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ziff Davis (New York, NY).

Interview

The director I felt like he didn't even bother to review my resume before I came in. Completely wasting my time. I was told they want some one with programmatic experience. Programmatic experience is not even listed on my resume.

They ask general questions.

May have some sort of bias, it was like the experience I did have counted for nothing.

One of the interviewers made a rude comment on the way out.

Client Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ziff Davis (San Francisco, NM) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone call followed by in person interview. Gave verbal offer twice. I tried negotiating to which the hiring manager disagreed. I said yes on the initial offer on email and they never got back to me. Highly unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Easy questions. Related to past jobs.   1 Answer

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ziff Davis.

Interview

I contacted HR job poster via LinkedIn. She was immediately interested and asked for my resume. I did a quick phone call with her the next day. I was then asked to come in to meet the hiring manager, a team member, and to fill out paperwork. After that I was given a writing assignment, which I completed and emailed to the hiring manager. Finally I was asked to come back in to meet with more senior individuals in different departments. Interview took about two hours. A few days later I was contacted by the hiring manager and given a verbal job offer, which he sent over in writing after the weekend.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult challenge or experience with a co-worker or superior and how you managed it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR called to ask my salary requirements. I was took my minimum base salary was higher than they had planned for the role. HR spoke with the hiring manager, who added a bonus to my contract which, when paid in full essentially hit my base requirement.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ziff Davis (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

My profile was submitted through a recruiter. Had a phone screen about a week later, that lasted an hour and a half. was invited in for in person interview the following Monday. Monday afternoon I had an offer, Tuesday afternoon the offer was rescinded due to some internal process not being followed.

Interview

Excellent. Spoke to my would-be manager, another SVP, my CEO, and a would-be colleague. Everyone was very transparent, asked great questions, and gave me honest answers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I held out for maybe 3 weeks and they came back with a higher offer, and then an even higher one. I was very satisfied with the result.

Lead Qualification Team - Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Interview

I initially contacted Ziff Davis after a posting I saw on LinkedIn and after sending in my resume and tailored cover letter, I was contacted by someone to setup a phone screen. The phone screen went well and we set up a time to meet in person for an interview. This is where I started to realize how unprofessional this company is. When I got to the office, which was located in the financial district of San Francisco, I walked in and was unable to even find the person I was supposed to speak with. There was no secretary and the first few people I asked had not even heard of the person I was supposed to interview with. Finally I found the person and he took me into a room for the interview. Turns out, he isn't even the person who is going to be interviewing me and he sent in a girl who had only been working there for 6 months! The interview went well regardless and I know what a good interview feels like as I had already received offers from 2 other companies, one of which I accepted instead of even thinking about pursuing one at Ziff Davis. Anyways, I left on a good note telling them I would follow up later that day, which I did. I never even met the hiring manager who is also inexperienced for a managerial role based on his LinkedIn profile. After following up I never even heard back from them saying whether or not they wanted me to come back or not. Luckily I felt that I had better offers on the table but here is my opinion about the position:

You make a minimum of 150 cold calls per day and the commission is extremely low because you aren't even closing deals. You pass on people/leads who are "qualified" to bigger and "better" salespeople who can actually close the deal. What do you actually learn doing that? You don't close deals, you don't really do any prospecting, the only decision you will make is who to connect the "qualified lead" with. If you are just looking for a JOB this is a company you should look at, but if you're looking to start a CAREER you should steer away from Ziff Davis.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, every question was generic. Not a single unique question. What is your biggest strength? Weakness? Why sales? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question