Zillow Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Lincoln, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and honest. I was told upfront of the expectations of the role, benefits, etc. I was also impressed by the clarity of the process throughout the stages of the phone call interviews and in-person. I appreciated the honesty in everyone I spoke with as it helped me discover if the position and company was a fit!

Interview Questions

• What office environment do I work best in, what motivates me to work   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

I had two interviews with Zillow Group, and I was waiting for a phone call and email from my recruiter, but I never heard back after the initial two interviews. I received an automated email saying they moved forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you overcame obstacles to lead your team to success   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The best interview process I've had. The recruiter was amazing and extremely helpful. I had a phone screening with the recruiter first then a phone call with the hiring manager. On both calls they let me know I moved on to the next round. The final round was an in person interview with 4 members from the team - they were all lovely and great to talk with. The next morning I received a job offer. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than an interview. They asked me to walk them through my professional experience mostly. They also asked how I stay organized, why I would be good for this role, have I ever experience a difficult professional situation and how did I deal with it, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and got a call from a recruiter within a few days. The next step was a short phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then scheduled to come into the office for a 4 person interview. I spent approximately 30 minutes with each person discussing the role and my experience. I felt my interview went well and I had a great relationship with each person.
    After a couple days I got a call and was told that they were going with an internal candidate. The way that it was presented to me made me feel that this was the decision they were going to make all along. I was told that they may contact me within a couple months regarding other positions but have yet to hear anything 4 months later.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very thorough, a lot of vetting, lots of behavioral questions, so be prepared for "Tell me about a time when this happened, what happened, what did you do about it, how did you solve it, what was the end results" those types of questions. Usually you do a phone screening with recruiter, then phone screening with hiring manager, then final interview is coming into the office for 2-3 hours meeting with 3-4 different people back to back. Usually two people from the team and two managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have been told to do something by management that you didn't agree with and what did you do about it/how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process. Started with a phone interview with my (now) direct manager and director. I was then scheduled for an on site, in person interview. I spoke to the manager, then the director, and then 2 members of the current team came and chatted with me. It was all fairly casual and a lot of good questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that you feel are being underused at your current position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I first had a phone interview with my would-be boss, and he was extremely nice and helpful regarding the Account Management position. At the end of our phone call, he let me know he wanted me to come in and meet with some of the team members (4 interviews, 30 minutes each). I set that up with a recruiting coordinator for the following week. The interviews went extremely well, and everyone seemed to love working there. The job seemed right up my alley, and I felt that everything went really well. At the end of the interview, the recruiting coordinator walked me out and said she'd get back to me in 1 week since the position was new and they had more interviewing to do. A week and 1 day later, I had not heard anything back so I emailed my would-be boss, who I had a phone interview and in-person interview with, reassuring my desire for the job and that I was qualified. I heard nothing back. Another week went by, and I emailed the recruiting coordinator asking for an update. 1 hour later, I got a generic email stating that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was they asked me to be an Account Manager at Zillow and role play how I would handle an angry customer on the phone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for an Account Manager position and was responded to in a little over a week by a Zillow recruiter. We set up a phone screen and after that, I heard back quickly about speaking to the hiring manager. After speaking to the hiring manager on the phone, I was invited to go onsite to meet some members of the team. During my onsite, I met with two scheduled interviewers, talked to the hiring manager over the phone again, and two other people from another team were pulled in to meet me and ask me questions. After the in-person, I was scheduled to speak over the phone with a Director in Seattle, and then I was scheduled to speak on the phone with a Manager that this position would be working with the day after that. I received an offer two days after the call with the Manager.

Overall, I felt like they were trying to see if I would be a good fit, culturally. I was asked lots of questions about what I like to do, what my hobbies are, etc. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and seemed to be pretty laid back.

Interview Questions

• I have held quite a few jobs over the past five years or so, (due to layoffs, contract work, etc.) and got a question about whether or not I would move on quickly from the company. It seems like loyalty is very important here, as they seem to really promote from within.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate, but they were very clear with me in the initial phone screen what the range for the position was. HR was willing to take my counter-offer to the CEO and I did end up getting a little more than initially offered.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Good interview process. At the time they were very much in need of head count. The interview was casual, but showed the types of people they have in management. The interview was short and concise. I did not have to demonstrate skills, more just went on personality fit and experience on the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process was very detailed, I actually went through two rounds of interviews, 1st round was for Sales and second was for Account Management. In total I think I spent 6-8 hours interviewing with the company. I did three phone interviews, 1 video interview and 6 in person interviews. Everyone I spoke with was very informative and had great questions for me. You can tell all the employees know their Zillow background! I was very confident with all my interviews, left with a smile on my face and really thought I had the job, I was let down when I got a robot like automated rejection email from Zillow, slightly insulting after all the time I put in. Oh well, their loss.

Interview Questions

• The Sales interviews were much more intense then the Account Management, be prepared to practice selling something in the Sales interview. The Account Managers want to know more about you as a person, how you work, what you like, how you handle difficult situations, etc.   Answer Question