Zillow Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Customer Service Interview Questions

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied through glassdoor.. received and email 2 days later to schedule phone interview, was phone interviewed 3 days later by recruiter and by hiring mangers the following day. I was very ecxited when I got asked to be interviewed this is a company that I have always wanted to be part of, but after my experience with the recruiting department and the hiring managers I can say that not getting the job offer was a blessing in disguise. Just like a company wants to hear from their potential employees what great things you can bring and do for their company you would expect the same from a company specially one like Zillow. When I asked one of the hiring managers what we're the growing opportunities within the company one of the responses was "There is really no room for growth, sure you can move to tear 2 customer service and maybe lead but that's about it!"?... or how about this ridiculous answer "well there is really no room for growth we had some cases of people who do but those are the exception!"... I would have rather been told that I wasn't a good fit for the position and be thanked for my time, a McDonald's manager can interview better than that. The fact that one of the managers had no idea what my current position was even though he had my resume in front of him, just shows that they have no respect for others time. Zillow might be one of the best companies to work for and I have no doubt, but now I understand why only 1% is hired it's very disappointing that they are not willing to give a fair chance to individuals who had shown a big interest for the company.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Apr 27, 2016 – Employee

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am really sorry you had a negative interviewing experience, we place great importance on our candidate experience. We do provide continual interview training to... More

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Four different people interview you at separate times. They seem less concerned about how good you will be at your job than they are about how well you will fit in. They don't value diversity, every one of the six people I met that day had the same personality so prepare to come off as a beer loving extrovert. If you are a sorority or frat guy you will fit in perfectly here. Not saying it is a bad thing, but they are definitely more concerned about finding someone to fit into the greek life mentality than someone who is a hard worker and interested in moving up in the company. This explains why they have awesome reviews from co-workers on glassdoor (who wouldn't want to drink and socialize all day at work?) but bad reviews from customers on yelp.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do on your free time? (Be prepared to answer questions related to what you do outside of work more than questions related to the job description you are applying for).   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2016 – Employee

Thank you - I really appreciate your feedback. We strive to have a well balanced interview process that allows us to assess for the role and team alignment. We have a social team that likes to spend... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I sent in an online application and was responded to via email within 2 days. They scheduled a phone interview for later that week. The recruiter called me 30 minutes late but was very apologetic. It seemed to go well and we had a 25 minute conversation. He asked very standard questions about my current employment, salary requirements, a situation where I demonstrated excellent customer service, etc. He said he'd contact me if he wanted to schedule an interview - didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you demonstrated above and beyond customer service?   Answer Question

Jun 6, 2016 – Employee

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail requesting a phone interview a few days later. Set one up for the following day and the recruiter called 10 minutes late. Asked some typical questions, but didn't really give me time to ask the questions I wanted to ask -- if he called on time then I probably would have. Prompt reply on the next steps though.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where there was something difficult and you solved the issue   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to set up a phone interview. Had two phone interviews, then was invited to come in for an in person interview with 4 people. One at a time. Whole process took over two hours. They seemed concerned with not only my ability to do the job, but how I would fit in with the team and the company as a whole. A few days later I had a job offer!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted via email the same day I submitted my application online to set up an initial phone-screening. This screening was followed by a phone interview conducted by the hiring manager.
    All questions were expected and not very difficult, however, the interviewer sounded as if he was located inside an empty conference room and speaking into the phone from 10 feet away. The questions, therefore, were quite difficult to answer fluidly considering that it was hard to decipher each word behind the echo & opacity.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Typically, you will have a phone interview first. The entire interview process will facilitated by a fantastic HR team that is quick to respond. Once invited to interview at Zillow, you will likely meet with 2-4 team managers and leads. You will have a background check. If you are offered a position, you will receive clear communications from the HR facilitator.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Submitted online application and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. I set up a phone interview, which ended up lasting only 20 minutes. By the end of the interview, I wasn't sure how it went. The questions were very general, and seemed to be more along the lines of "will you be a good culture fit".

Within 48 hours the recruiter called back, and said they wanted to do an in-person interview. It was to be with four different managers. When I arrived at the office five minutes early, the interviewers seemed to be unprepared. They appeared to be very busy with work and unfamiliar with my resume (stopped to read it for a few minutes before asking me any questions or saying anything).

Each interviewer was very nice, and seemed concerned about maintaining a laid back, "think outside the box" company culture. Jeans, button-ups, t-shirts and nice athletic shoes. I would not recommend wearing a suit and tie to this interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would explain Zillow to a computer illiterate person   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was severely low-balled, which I must partially take responsibility for. I was informed later that someone in senior management was bragging about how little they got away with offering me. Made me feel pretty bad. Lesson: NEVER GIVE THE FIRST NUMBER in negotiation.