Zillow Front End Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Front End Developer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty seamless, they used a pair-programming site and had me do a few interesting JS problems. Questions seemed appropriate, and they weren't hung up on dumb stuff like syntax or arcane knowlege - it seemed to test programming ability.

On-site was a series of interviews with different people. Some asked questions on background, experience etc.; some just talked with me about industry stuff; a couple had coding challenges, which weren't super hard.

Interview Questions

• Technical question: write a login form that locks after 5 incorrect tries. Upload creds using ajax.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

A recruiter helped setup a take home coding challenge. Then I was screened with a few phone calls. Finally, they brought me in for an all day interview. I met with several team members and discussed my background and answered some hypothetical coding and systems design questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Sent in my application and heard back shortly after from a recruiter asking me typical HR questions. After talking for about 30 minutes the recruiter said they were going to send a technical exercise to complete and send back. I don't remember the questions anymore, but I believe one was to create a slideshow without using Javascript.

A few days later had a technical interview with one of the engineers. Questions were about Javascript, and vaguely remember one about encapsulation and closures. I was invited for an onsite interview a few days later.

Onsite started around 1 PM and lasted until 5-6 PM. The office had an amazing view of Elliott Bay, and it was a clear, sunny day so the view was even better. The recruiter greeted me and brought me to one of the conference rooms where I would wait for my interviewers. I was offered something to drink, and waited for my first of 4 interviews that progressed in seniority.

First interview was with the engineer I spoke with on the phone and we continued some of the questions asked over the phone. Coding on a whiteboard wasn't something I had done for a while, but the interviewer seemed satisfied. Next interview was with another engineer, and this was the most enjoyable interviewer because we discussed various technologies and just had a good time talking. Third interview was with another engineer who dived into arrays and algorithms. I'm not a CSE major, but the purpose was to assess problem solving ability. I enjoyed this as well because the interviewer wasn't trying to make you feel bad at all, but instead understood I didn't have a CSE background and wanted to see if I could understand the purpose of the exercise.

The fourth and final was with the most senior engineer who subsequently started the talk by saying how he's related to someone rich and famous. Not the best way to start things and definitely did not give off a good first impression. He wanted to continue the discussion on arrays, but unlike the previous person he made it feel like he wanted you to feel bad about not knowing his solution. I was already tired from the previous interviews so couldn't come up with additional solutions besides the one I had already presented.

A day or two later I was notified that the senior engineer had chosen someone else, which I wasn't surprised by given the vibe I got. All in all, I might consider Zillow again in the future with the hopes that senior engineer has matured a little more. Overall, interview was fine until the end.

Interview Questions

• Find the dominator in an array.   2 Answers