Zillow Inside Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Inside Sales Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

All in all, the process took about two weeks. I was contacted by a recruiter within 48 hours of applying online. The conversation lasted about 10 minutes and was focused on my knowledge of the position, my current situation and skills. Two days later I had a second, more focused phone interview with a sales manager. This conversation focused on how my experience directly relates to the position. This call lasted 20-30 minutes. After another two days I had my on-site interview and met with three different employees. This lasted around 1.5 hours and focused on my past employment, current employment, and how I would excel at the position.

Interview Questions

• At your current job, what sort of day-to-day grinds do you experience? Why Zillow? What makes me a good fit for the position/company?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted about a week later. Began with the recruiter with a 20 min conversation about expectations regarding the position. If found to be a good fit, they push you to the 2nd phone interview. This one lasted about 20-30min. Posed more experience based questions that ensured a complete understanding of the role and its responsibilities. A day later I received a follow-up e-mail with a choice time to schedule the final interview with 3 different Managers (VP of Sales, GM, and a Sales Manager). All were very in depth questions regarding past work history and ensuring a complete understanding of the role and its responsibilities. Role played: sales pitch to test the knowledge of the product and see if there is a fluidity to the sales cycle.

Interview Questions

• Why Zillow? Do you have any Real Estate Knowledge/experience? What do you know about the Premier Agent Program? Give a time when you had to deal with confrontation with a Co-Worker. How did you handle it? Where do you want to be in the next 3 to 5 years? Describe your sales cycle. How long is your typical sales cycle? Why do you want to move out of your current role into this one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I found the job posting on indeed.com for the inside sales consultant position. I applied online and received an email the next day from a recruiting coordinator asking a few questions and requesting the days and times I was available for a phone interview. I had a 15-20 min phone interview with a different recruiter out of the Seattle office a week later. The next day I had a phone interview with a sales executive manager out of the Irvine Office. I was scheduled to come in the next business day for an in-person interview in the Irvine Office with 2 sales managers and the director. I heard back the next business day from the recruiter and was offered the position. I came close to the cut off period so my process was expedited.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Zillow Group?
      How will you be successful here?
      What do you believe brings results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online off a friend's referral from a past sales job. They called me back in 1 business day. First interview scheduled was a phone interview, mostly informational, about 20 minutes, not hard. Then they scheduled a second phone interview, which had some more digging questions. Not too hard, but made me a little nervous about what they thought about one or two of my responses, though I felt pretty good because I answered authentically and my progression in learning during past sales became evident. I got an email that those interviews went well, so now they would like to bring me into their headquarters for some in-person interviews. They had me feeling excited about working for them at this point so I have to say if they had not hired me without a good reason I might have been pretty upset. In-person interviews were two sales manager followed by the head of inside sales. It felt like a video game where you have 3 final bosses, the last being the toughest. However, I came ready, convinced that the job was right for me (I highly recommend considering carefully whether the job is even cut out for you before even coming to the interviews, cause inside sales is not for everyone). The two sales managers felt rather personal with me, maybe because they're just nice and maybe because we built good rapport and they believed I was a good candidate. All three in-person interviews, which were back to back with a few minutes inbetween, seemed genuinely interested in whether the job would be something I was likely to enjoy and do well at. All correspondence was within 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my past sales job
      Why I was interested in inside sales at Zillow.
      What I would do if I am making calls and go for a signifcant discouraging stretch with no sales.
      A situation that put me down that I overcame in the past.
      What I think makes a successful sales representative.
      Near the end, I had to do a mock sales call, as if selling the product to a real estate friend.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied and received an email the next morning for a phone interview with a recruiter. He asked basic questions, the phone interview went well so he scheduled me to speak with a hiring manager. You are asked to create a mock sales pitch so be prepared. After this second phone interview I got invited to come into their offices to interview with 3 different sales managers. They made me feel really comfortable and it was a great process overall. Must know lots about the company and product

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions so be prepared.

If your colleague came into work and was not doing their best because of an off day, how would you motivate them?

How do you move on from rejection?

Give an example of a time you failed and how you overcame it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a in-house recruiter, who informed me that I was not chosen for the position I initially applied for. He then referred me on to one of the other hiring managers who thought my skills were more suited for. I then had two phone interviews. One with the hiring manager for that department, and then one with the VP of Sales. I was informed that I was not chosen for that second position, which was very surprising because I have all the qualifications they said they were looking for. I know that because I live in Idaho, maybe they did not think they wanted to ask someone to move for this position. Irony is, I am from Seattle, and am moving back, but in the end, I think that was the detractor to inviting me to the training this week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Zillow?
       2. Are you comfortable making sales on the phone?
       3. Would you consider yourself a one-call closer?
       4. Would you relocate?
       5. What do you think Top Sales people possess that the rest of sales professionals dont?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Two phone screenings, one with the recruiter and another with a sales manger. Then an in person interview that lasted 3 hours. Had to do a one on one with all three sales mangers and then with the VP of sales. Pretty straight forward process, everyone was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little bit for the starting salary. They have what seems to be a good pay plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, there was a phone interview that was quite easy and they ask you simple questions just to get to know you. They described the job as making calls all day which in the end did not sound appealing to me at all so I decided to not go forward with the process. Everyone I talked to though was incredibly nice and it seems like a great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One over the Phone, One on the Web, One in-person in Irvine. Traveled far for the final one. Had 3 in-person interviews that day at Zillow. Was given a follow up tour and met a lot of the office. Thought I was in the bag. Never heard back. Was upset.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Apr 28, 2015 – Director Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your interview experience, I was disappointed to hear you didn't hear back from us! We always strive to close the loop with interviews, I'm not sure what happened here, but... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I initially had two phone interviews after applying online. Then I had a one-way skype interview where they asked questions and recorded my responses to review. Shortly after that interview I was asked to come into the office for an onsite interview with three people. After talking with all three they asked me to stay put for a couple minutes. Then they sent in someone for another department to interview me for a different position. This sounded like good news being as it was a better position but I did not receive an offer for either. The HR team seamed really rushed and unprepared... none of them even knew who I was or had a chance to review my resume which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn?   1 Answer