Zillow Inside Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Inside Sales Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially interviewed with a in-house recruiter, who informed me that I was not chosen for the position I initially applied for. He then referred me on to one of the other hiring managers who thought my skills were more suited for. I then had two phone interviews. One with the hiring manager for that department, and then one with the VP of Sales. I was informed that I was not chosen for that second position, which was very surprising because I have all the qualifications they said they were looking for. I know that because I live in Idaho, maybe they did not think they wanted to ask someone to move for this position. Irony is, I am from Seattle, and am moving back, but in the end, I think that was the detractor to inviting me to the training this week.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why would you like to work for Zillow?
     2. Are you comfortable making sales on the phone?
     3. Would you consider yourself a one-call closer?
     4. Would you relocate?
     5. What do you think Top Sales people possess that the rest of sales professionals dont?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, there was a phone interview that was quite easy and they ask you simple questions just to get to know you. They described the job as making calls all day which in the end did not sound appealing to me at all so I decided to not go forward with the process. Everyone I talked to though was incredibly nice and it seems like a great company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA).

Interview

I had 3 interviews. One over the Phone, One on the Web, One in-person in Irvine. Traveled far for the final one. Had 3 in-person interviews that day at Zillow. Was given a follow up tour and met a lot of the office. Thought I was in the bag. Never heard back. Was upset.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Apr 28, 2015 – Director Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your interview experience, I was disappointed to hear you didn't hear back from us! We always strive to close the loop with interviews, I'm not sure what happened here, but... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

I initially had two phone interviews after applying online. Then I had a one-way skype interview where they asked questions and recorded my responses to review. Shortly after that interview I was asked to come into the office for an onsite interview with three people. After talking with all three they asked me to stay put for a couple minutes. Then they sent in someone for another department to interview me for a different position. This sounded like good news being as it was a better position but I did not receive an offer for either. The HR team seamed really rushed and unprepared... none of them even knew who I was or had a chance to review my resume which I thought was odd.

Interview Questions

• How much do you want to earn?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted by an HR recruiter to set up a brief phone interview, which was a simple screen. Then I had a video interview which was a one-way skype - 20 seconds to prepare for a question that popped up on the screen. After that since I was an out of state applicant I had a phone screen with their sales manager. Was invited to Seattle to interview with two sales managers after that. My issue is I spent nearly $1,500 flying out there from Florida and all I got in return was a copy and paste generic email saying I didn't get the job. No reason, no explanation, nothing. Not a good sign of a good company, glad I didn't get the job. Seems like their product is getting tired, too. There's only so many agents. Stay away.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked me if I had more energy. Wanted to tell him I just spent $1,000 on a flight and flew all night to get there, seemed like an inappropriate interview question.   Answer Question

Zillow Response

Jul 22, 2014 – Director Recruiting

Thank you for your interview feedback. As a company and as part of our recruiting philosophy, we value swiftness of communication and timely feedback. With that, we have opted to use email in... More

Inside Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

The first 3 pre-interviews went well with relatively normal interview questions. Then there was my final phone interview... The guy that interviewed me was a recently promoted sales director and seemed pissed off and put out that he had to talk to me. He was abrasive and had all of the charm of a used car salesman. He also made it seem like Zillow was just a factory for outbound phone calls saying that 150+ phone calls a day would be expected. Needless to say, it turned me off on him and Zillow in general.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

several phone interviews, very high energy and good questions, then you're asked to come in for on site interviews. They emailed permission to complete my background check.(which I received in the mail, all clear) Then the three interviews, sales manager, hiring manager and director of sales. In the face to face there was very little energy nothing like the phone. This was the day after St. Patricks day. They looked beat up,

Interview Questions

• When the hiring manager asked me "why do you want to get out of the Real Estate industry?" I said I did not think I was getting out of the Real Estate industry, just switching focus to help agents. He quickly scolded me and I mean scolded " We are not a real estate company, we are a media advertising company".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Included 2 phone interviews and 1 in person interview. Was a little challenging coming up with a mock sales call with pretend products on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Zillow's interview and hiring process for there "Inside Sales Consultant" position feels more like a cattle drive than a search for quality sales people. Their recruiting staff has no professional tact and is completely un-organized and not on the same page within their own department. Let me just break down how the whole process worked from start to finish:

1. I saw that their Seattle office was hiring Inside Sale people and I had a friend who works for them refer me to a recruiter.

2. He then called me and said that the recruiter liked the looks of my resume and that she would be calling me later that day for a phone screen (those were the recruiters exact words to my friend)... However, that day came to pass and the recruiter never called.

3. Two days later I finally got a call from the recruiter for my first phone screen, that conversation went well, so she then set up my second phone interview with a Sales Manager. The Sales Manager was much more on top of it than the recruiter and he actually called me when he was scheduled to (imagine that). That phone interview also went well and I was then told by the Sales Manager that a different recruiter would be calling me to se up a face-to-face interview.

4. I showed up for the face-to-face interview which lasted about an hour (with multiple Sales Managers) and then I was sent on my way home. The recruiter told me after the interview that they were looking to hire people quickly and that I would be receiving a call the next day to let me know either yes or no... Once again, the recruiter didn't call the next day. THREE DAYS LATER, she sent me a generic e-mail stating; "thanks for your interest, but we're pursuing other candidates). Not even a phone call.

5. I wanted a reason why they chose not to go with me, so that I could better myself for future interviews as I job search, so I called the recruiter... No answer, so I left her a voicemail. She never returned my call, so I sent her an e-mail. She never returned that e-mail either.

6. To top it all off, six days later I ended up getting an e-mail from a different Zillow recruiter asking me to call him because he thinks I'd be a great fit for their Inside Sales Position.........

So, if you like run-arounds with big corporations, people not keeping their commitments, and being ignored once you're (apparently) "out of the running", Zillow is definitely the company for you!

Interview Questions

• They through me into a roll playing senario for a cold call.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Apply online. E-mail response to set up a telephone interview. First interview lasted 10 minutes on the phone. At the end of this round, the Zillow rep asked me to go on to the second interview, which was a telephone interview also. End of that second telephone interview, John, the senior manager, said he'd get back to me within a week. 4 Minutes later was an e-mail invitation to set-up an in-person interview, which I did for the following week. All interview start to finish happened within 9 days and I had only applied for the position less than 2 weeks earlier.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell them something (or Zillow advertising) via the phone.   1 Answer