Zillow Inside Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Inside Sales Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process, down to even getting an interview . Spoke with the recruiter through Linkedin. After that it was a 30 min phone interview. Then an in person interview that lasted 90 minutes. Three different managers at 30 minutes each time one came in. They were candid and it was very comfortable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow in May 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews. First was great made you feel enthusiastic about the job, actually said I was over qualified and was grooming me for another role. Second interview was good, not a lot of questions about skill set, was thinking I would be asked at the in person interview. Was denied in email the following day. I know it's not typical for them to give a reason just wish I knew why because it didn't seem was really give an opportunity to talk about my abilities.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Aug 2, 2016 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I am sorry the outcome wasn't as you had hoped and that we were not able to provide you with additional feedback. We appreciate the time you spent with us and ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

There is a 3 step process. The first step is a phone screening interview with one of the recruiters to get to know you over the phone. Second, you are scheduled to do a one-way Skype interview answering a handful of questions. The final round is a face-to-face meeting with a couple of their Sales Managers.

Overall, great experience and great environment but what I noticed is that they don't care about experience and I actually believe that they prefer it that way so they can train individuals with a clean slate. Looking strictly for sales monkeys on the phones. Great place to START a career, especially coming right out of school, but if you are a seasoned sales person, probably not the best place. Just my opinion.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very thorough interview. Phone screen, followed by a recorded video interview, and then a 3 person interview face to face if you pass the first two. Company is very transparent and you can tell this is direct reflection of their CEO's leadership and direction. Interviewers asked great questions and were very knowledgable and professional!

Interview Questions

• Standard sales questions, nothing overly difficult. They are obviously trying to be proactive in reducing sales turnover and they are interviewing candidates the right way in my opinion to accomplish this. I came from a manager background so the most difficult question would be "why do you want to make cold calls"?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

So first I had a recruiter that you could tell was reading from a script ask quick questions responded with quick answers. told me some other recruiter will call. he called the next day spoke very fast really could understand what he was asking because he continued to answer the questions that i asked with the same response. he told me someone else will be in touch. Spoke to a " manager" same questions ask why are you in sales blah blah, i proceeded to ask, questions that I wanted to know if I'm interested in a company he didn't seem to be able to answer the questions very well, continued to speak over me. at this point i know that this would not be a position for me. sounds more like a call center and out of 150 employees there are only 10 that make good money is what he said???? hmmmmmm, Ill pass on the free snacks and free coffee.

Interview Questions

• Typical. I went on line and wrote down questions to ask in a interview?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow in June 2013.

Interview

I got a call from their recruiter. Two calls later, I went in for an interview. I met with two people for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to sell the product over the phone. Do your research.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

I was interviewed by a manager. I was asked why I wanted to work for Zillow, what were my skills for the position, and what were my strengths in sales. The quotas are very high for this job and your territory is the whole united states. So for the right person, who enjoys inside sales this would be a great position.