Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2017

481 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

6 interviews each lasting 30 minutes. First 3 were with the Recruiter, the Manager and the VP of Sales. Everyone was great to talk to and focused on picking the right candidate. It was fast paced and insightful as well as a fact finding mission about myself, my experience, what makes me tick and how I felt I could be succesful and contribute. I had a role play as well so be ready.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First interview was a phone screen w/recruiter, second interview was a phone screen w/ senior team member, final interview was 4 hr in person interview in Zillow's office. The 4 hr consisted of about 6 mini-interviews and a lunch break.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The recruiting experience was alright until after on-site. No one ever follow up with me. I had a competing offer, told the recruiter and he promised to get back to me that week. Never heard back from him. Regardless of the decision, this is not good practice.

Other than that, I had a great time chatting with the team even thought it didn't work out in the end. They seem to be smart, nice people passionate about their mission and product.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Aug 10, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Hi and thank you for your review. I am very sorry you didn't hear back from my recruiting team, that is just unacceptable. If you are open to sharing more information with me directly, on who you... More

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and hiring manager clearly did not communicate well. Role was redefined twice during the process. There were people in the interview loop that had no nexus to the role and weren't clear why they were there or what they should be asking me. I had no guidance on who was interviewing me or what their role in the company was. I was left alone for nearly a half hour as recruiting forgot I was there.

Interview Questions

• White board a current issue facing the company.   1 Answer

Jul 28, 2017 – Zillow Representative

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to interview with Zillow.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and am terribly sorry you had a negative interview experience here at Zillow... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview scheduled. After passing that, I was given a coding exercise. From there, I was invited to the onsite interview, which was about 3 hours long. I interviewed with the realestate.com team.

Most of the interview process was pleasant. The people I would be working with asked me questions that were related to the job itself and I was able to successfully answer their technical and white boarding problems. However, my interview with the software development manager was very disappointing. I signed an NDA, so I won't divulge the question he asked me, however, it's been posted by others here.

I was given 30 minutes and a white board. After giving me the question, the manager left the room. I had a question about 5 minutes into working on it, yet I had no idea where I could find him. He didn't give me a way to contact him in the event I got stuck. He came back to the room after 15 minutes to check on me, which I then asked my question. He then left the room again. I had another question, yet he didn't come back for another 10-15 minutes.

At that point, the time was up and I didn't have a complete solution. I would have made further progress had he been in the room the entire time and able to answer my questions like the other interviewers. I told him my thought process on how I'd finish the remainder of it, but he was visibly disappointed. I found this particular interview to be incredibly unprofessional. I was treated like my time and concerns didn't matter and I was set up to fail. This one interview left a bad taste in my mouth.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter (recruiter #1)
    Phone interview with the hiring manager (set up by recruiter #2)
    In person interview onsite with 4/5 different folks individually. (set up by recruiter #3)

Beautiful offices downtown Seattle. I had to wait longer than expected as the recruiter was late to bring me to the interview huddle room.

I had 4/5 separate interviews with various people on working teams. They all were very nice and asked expected interview questions.

Upon completion, I was told I'd hear back either way within a week. I've replied numerous times to the recruiter emails with radio silence. Its now been over a month and assuming I did not get an offer, but the fact is that I was told I'd hear back and instead heard nothing is a bit disheartening.

Zillow still seems like a good place to work and continues to be on my short list of desired employers but the lack of communication was unprofessional. I didn't like how I had to work with so many different recruiters. They never replied to any of my emails and instead started new threads. I never knew anyone's email address as everyone I dealt with was hidden behind the generic "@jobvite" email address.

Interview Questions

• Why Zillow?
      Pretty basic interview questions that can be searched for online.   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for leaving the detail review, while I was really sorry to hear about your experience, this feedback is very helpful in me ensuring we take steps to avoid this in the future. If you are... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had one talk with there recruiter, one technical phone interview and one interview scheduled. The phone interview was extremely easy. They asked some simple string manipulation question. After that interview they didn't respond back for a week so I had to email them. They said they are busy with team changes so they had not got around to contacting me. We then set up a day of interviews at there office. I took the day off of my current job and then later that week they called me and said that I don't have enough experience for the position I was interviewing. What a waste of time. I lost a vacation day to interview there and they cancelled on me. So disrespectful. Their hiring process is a complete joke. I hear it is a cool place to work once you are in though. Shame there hiring department can't get things straight. I will not be applying at this place ever again.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone screen plus a full loop: 5 interview mixing behavioral questions , system design and coding questions. The hiring process overall was amazingly quick. Very punctual interviewers, with interesting questions. They had the answer the next business day and the numbers the day after that.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Lincoln, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and honest. I was told upfront of the expectations of the role, benefits, etc. I was also impressed by the clarity of the process throughout the stages of the phone call interviews and in-person. I appreciated the honesty in everyone I spoke with as it helped me discover if the position and company was a fit!

Interview Questions

• What office environment do I work best in, what motivates me to work   Answer Question

Consumer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First step was a 20 min phone screen interview, followed up with a 30 min phone interview the next week with the hiring manager. I was then emailed about setting up an in office interview in Seattle. This interview lasted a good 2 and 1/2 hours and I was interviewed by various members of the team. Everyone was extremely nice and they even provided a goodie bag with snacks and drinks to tide me over during the process.

Interview Questions

• What change to the Zillow/Trulia sites would you make to make it more user friendly?   Answer Question