Zillow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2017

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

Recruiter and hiring manager clearly did not communicate well. Role was redefined twice during the process. There were people in the interview loop that had no nexus to the role and weren't clear why they were there or what they should be asking me. I had no guidance on who was interviewing me or what their role in the company was. I was left alone for nearly a half hour as recruiting forgot I was there.

Interview Questions

• White board a current issue facing the company.   1 Answer

Jul 28, 2017 – Zillow Representative

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to interview with Zillow.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback and am terribly sorry you had a negative interview experience here at Zillow... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview scheduled. After passing that, I was given a coding exercise. From there, I was invited to the onsite interview, which was about 3 hours long. I interviewed with the realestate.com team.

Most of the interview process was pleasant. The people I would be working with asked me questions that were related to the job itself and I was able to successfully answer their technical and white boarding problems. However, my interview with the software development manager was very disappointing. I signed an NDA, so I won't divulge the question he asked me, however, it's been posted by others here.

I was given 30 minutes and a white board. After giving me the question, the manager left the room. I had a question about 5 minutes into working on it, yet I had no idea where I could find him. He didn't give me a way to contact him in the event I got stuck. He came back to the room after 15 minutes to check on me, which I then asked my question. He then left the room again. I had another question, yet he didn't come back for another 10-15 minutes.

At that point, the time was up and I didn't have a complete solution. I would have made further progress had he been in the room the entire time and able to answer my questions like the other interviewers. I told him my thought process on how I'd finish the remainder of it, but he was visibly disappointed. I found this particular interview to be incredibly unprofessional. I was treated like my time and concerns didn't matter and I was set up to fail. This one interview left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for leaving the details of your interview experience with our Irvine team. It was helpful to see, from your perspective, that this was not a positive candidate experience. Your feedback has... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had one talk with there recruiter, one technical phone interview and one interview scheduled. The phone interview was extremely easy. They asked some simple string manipulation question. After that interview they didn't respond back for a week so I had to email them. They said they are busy with team changes so they had not got around to contacting me. We then set up a day of interviews at there office. I took the day off of my current job and then later that week they called me and said that I don't have enough experience for the position I was interviewing. What a waste of time. I lost a vacation day to interview there and they cancelled on me. So disrespectful. Their hiring process is a complete joke. I hear it is a cool place to work once you are in though. Shame there hiring department can't get things straight. I will not be applying at this place ever again.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One with recruiter, one with hiring manager. Followed by to face interview with three members of management team. Very transparent and told me they were concerned about my loyalty after working at two different companies since leaving a job I had worked at for 7 years. Thought it was strange considering they were on a hiring freeze from the time I left my job of 7 years, until they opened the position.

Was told I would hear from them "very soon". Followed up with thank you email the day of. Finally reached out to the recruiter and hiring manager after no response a week after the interview. Was told they decided to interview other candidates, but to keep my eyes open for any other opportunities that would be a good fit. Thanked them and asked for feedback/areas of improvement and got no response. Applied for two positions at Zillow since, and never received courtesy email saying I have not been selected for an interview.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Aug 28, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for the time you spent with us. We do our best to try to follow up with all candidates, but it sounds like that wasn't the case for you. I will share this... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

One phone screen plus a full loop: 5 interview mixing behavioral questions , system design and coding questions. The hiring process overall was amazingly quick. Very punctual interviewers, with interesting questions. They had the answer the next business day and the numbers the day after that.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Lincoln, NE) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very organized and honest. I was told upfront of the expectations of the role, benefits, etc. I was also impressed by the clarity of the process throughout the stages of the phone call interviews and in-person. I appreciated the honesty in everyone I spoke with as it helped me discover if the position and company was a fit!

Interview Questions

• What office environment do I work best in, what motivates me to work   Answer Question

Consumer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

First step was a 20 min phone screen interview, followed up with a 30 min phone interview the next week with the hiring manager. I was then emailed about setting up an in office interview in Seattle. This interview lasted a good 2 and 1/2 hours and I was interviewed by various members of the team. Everyone was extremely nice and they even provided a goodie bag with snacks and drinks to tide me over during the process.

Interview Questions

• What change to the Zillow/Trulia sites would you make to make it more user friendly?   Answer Question

Senior Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

Standard process: 1) phone interview with a recruiter 2) phone interview with the Senior Recruiting Manager 3) on-site interview in Seattle

It was truly a great interview process. I could see myself working at Zillow, and I would be except I received a very competitive FTE offer with amazing benefits. While Zillow was a contract opportunity, its important to note they recognize great talent as most of the FTE recruiting team I met with started on a contract. Zillow's offer came in a very close 2nd place. Everyone I met with was very professional and overall one of the best interview experiences I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions; more conversation style questions back and forth rather than a strict list of standard questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, three face to face. All harmless and extremely positive. Zillow provided me with all the knowledge needed to feel comfortable and excited to move forward.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to pitch them a product, any product.   1 Answer

Contract Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from the Recruiting team within the week to schedule a phone interview. I had an in person interview 1 week after that. They ended up going with another candidate that was further along in the process, but overall I had a positive experience with Zillow.