Zillow Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Within 2 days of applying on -line a recruiter reached out. We coordinated a time for a phone screening. The screening had seemed to have gone well, I was told they would communicate with the hiring manager to schedule another phone interview and that I would hear within the next 48 hrs at the latest. After 2 days of not hearing anything I messaged the recruiter. A day later I received a generic e-mail stating they had moved forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable was I with traveling?   1 Answer

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the job online, got an email from the recruiting coordinator to schedule the initial screening with a recruiter. A few logistical issues after, recruiter from West Coast called. The conversation was very casual with some questions about experience and overall fit. An hour later I received an email with an invite to another step of the process - phone interview with the NYC hiring manager. We scheduled it for an early morning but the hiring manager didn't call. Since all the coordinating was taking place on the West Coast, I didn't hear back until noon EST that something popped up. Got the interview rescheduled for the following day and then the hiring manager called me half an hour prior to our scheduled time. It seemed like the call was a chore the hiring manager wasn't happy about. Super disinterested, the hiring manager kept getting texts (the phone was on silent and the earphone mic was getting the vibrations) which was extremely distracting. I'm just hoping it was a tactic not their MO because they seem like an awesome place to work.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. It consisted of two phone interviews and one in person. During the in-person, I interviewed one on one with multiple people on the management team. Each person had a genuine approach to the interview process (be prepared and flexible is my best advise).

Interview Questions

• Why Zillow?
      Walk me through your resume?
      What qualities do you feel you can bring to the team?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I initially applied to Zillow in June 2017 and forgot all about it. However I was pleasantly surprised when I got an email from a recruiter in August asking for a phone interview.

I scheduled a phone interview through one recruiter however I talked to another recruiter. I should have known this wasn't going to work out because on the first phone screen the recruiter was 15 minutes late. I was still interested in learning more about the company so I did not let that bother me.

When the recruiter did call, it was more of a conversation. Which I liked and she said that I moved on to the next round with a phone call with the sales manager. I was super happy.

It a took a while to schedule the second phone interview, however when it was schedule I was told verbally and in the email that the interview would be at 11:30am EST.

I ended up getting a call at 11:00 am EST instead and it wasn't with the Sales Manager it was with the Sales Team lead. Although I was surprised about the sudden change of time, I was prepared and I was able continue with the interview.

I was then told that I would be coming in for an in person interview. Prior to the interview I contacted the recruiter and asked if I needed to bring any copies of my resume and I was told no. Something told me to bring some extra copies anyway.

Anyway, the office and the location of the office was awesome. It is by everything . There are three interviews. The first two are with sales managers and the last one is with the General Manager.

The first two interviews seem to go really well. They seemed impressed by my answers and I got a really positive vibe from them. They gave me a tour around the office and even let me listen in on a couple of sales calls as well. I definitely saw myself at this company.

The last interview with the General Manager was the hardest. After listening to some of the calls the GM came up to me asked for a copy of my resume. Thank goodness I didn't listen to the recruiter and I had a copy of my resume on me. At that point I was starting to think they were testing me to see if I was prepared all the time. It wasn't that his questions were hard to answer. It was his personality. He was very cold towards me also I'm not from NYC area so it was hard for me to understand him because he had that NYC accent. So I had to take a couple of pauses so that I could make sure I heard him correctly. Anyway he asked questions about the last company I worked with, I was asked to pitch, I was asked why should they hire me.

I was prepared for all of that. I left there feeling pretty confident and I was told that I would hear by the end of the week about my results. Friday came and I didn't receive anything. I didn't worry about it though because it was the start of Labor Day weekend.

After the weekend I emailed one of the recruiters twice and didn't hear back. I emailed another recruiter and she told me that I should hear something back by Friday EOD and If I don't give her call.

Again, I didn't hear anything so I gave her call. No one picked up the phone. I left a voice message and about 45 minutes after I received a call at 6:30 pm from another recruiter saying that they are so sorry they are calling me late but they decided to move on with other candidates and this was a decision that they made on Wednesday. Before I could ask him for any feedback he said that he didn't have any feedback for me but he can set up some time with me on Monday and give me some feedback. He didn't give me any contact information so I'm sure the feedback conversation will not happen. Also I still haven't received an automatic email saying they have decided to move forward with other candidates.

I'm not going sit here and say that I'm not upset about this whole process, because I am. It was disorganized and lacked communication on all ends. Also, I really wanted to work with Zillow.

I hope Zillow reads this review and use this to improve their hiring process. Communication and Organization is very important.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Are you competitive? What motivates you? Why sales?   Answer Question

Zillow Response

Sep 12, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and I sincerely apologize for the less than ideal interview experience. At Zillow Group, one of our core values is ‘Turn on the Lights... More

Inside Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

extremely long, many emails, phone calls and face to face time- numerous times i was told that i was a perfect candidate, pushed me to the next part of the process- then a generic email saying they werent moving forward with me- no feedback, no reasons - poor way to manage the process

Interview Questions

• asked about my experience in cold calling   1 Answer

Zillow Response

Sep 6, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

I'm sorry to hear that you felt your experience was less than positive. I do appreciate the feedback, as it allows my team and I to continue to fine tune our process to ensure experiences like this... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The best interview process I've had. The recruiter was amazing and extremely helpful. I had a phone screening with the recruiter first then a phone call with the hiring manager. On both calls they let me know I moved on to the next round. The final round was an in person interview with 4 members from the team - they were all lovely and great to talk with. The next morning I received a job offer. The whole process took a week.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than an interview. They asked me to walk them through my professional experience mostly. They also asked how I stay organized, why I would be good for this role, have I ever experience a difficult professional situation and how did I deal with it, etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard - After applying online, I had a call with a recruiter, a phone screen with the hiring manager, and then two additional onsite interviews where I met with a total of 10 people. They all went seemingly well, but I didn't receive and offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach developing a marketing plan. Also lots of behavioral type questions.   Answer Question

Sales Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY).

Interview

Zillow has an extensive interview process. They are a great company that built their success around collaboration and culture. I got an email from a sales recruiter to set a pbone interview. During that call I was asked basic skill set and culture questions. I was called back to set another phone interview with the Training and education Director in Seattle. I did my research and had a great conversation with him. He set a 3rd interview with the sales manager in the office I would work out of. In the end I was a great culture fit however I was slightly under qualified for the position

Interview Questions

• At our yearly summit what do experiences can you share with the group to help further our development?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

Interview

I interview with Zillow at its Seattle office and met a few team members. The format of the interview is very casual where we discusses cases that the team members face in their everyday work.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It takes about 3 weeks in total. First contacted by HR through linkedin, then followed by a phone interview and an onsite interview. The onsite interview had 4 rounds of 1:1 and lunch. Most interviewers are nice and didn't ask hard questions.