Zillow Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in Seattle in September 2017, the whole process from application to offer took 1 month. The interview experience was very positive! Everyone was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. Getting the decision took longer than they originally estimated, but they made sure I was in the loop the whole time.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about why I wanted this job (no previous recruiting experience). And a lot of questions about task management and scheduling experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I found the recruiting coordinator position listed on Glassdoor and received an email from the recruiter within two days of applying, we then scheduled a phone screen for that same week. The phone screen was about 30 minutes, typical questions about my resume/background experience and skills. I was then invited for an on-site interview with two members of the recruiting team the following week.
    The on-site interview was much more in depth in covering what the role involves, as well as Zillow’s company structure, culture, etc. Both recruiters were very transparent as to what the challenges of the role are and made sure that I understood what the role entails—this was very important to me.
    I received a follow up call at the end of the week to schedule the third round of interviews, on site again; this time would consist of two back to back interviews.
    The first interview was with the hiring manager, second of which being a video conference with the senior manager. Both interviews could have gone longer but we had a hard stop at the 30 minutes. Because of this, I was not able to ask some of the questions I had prepared, but followed up with both people via email and was very impressed that they actually took the time and effort to answer all of my questions [thoroughly!]
    I would have liked for the process to have been quicker, but the entire recruiting team had been travelling in and out of the office during the month of June which caused for some delays. It helped that the recruiters consistently updated me on the next steps and timeline for when I would hear back—I even received an update email from the hiring manager on a Saturday which made me feel like they truly cared about my experience and wanted me to know they hadn’t forgotten about me!
    I would rate the process between average and difficult. Each interview was very comfortable and informal, however going through 3 rounds of interviews with four different people (including a manager and senior manager) makes the process feel highly competitive. My advice: do your research beforehand, come prepared with questions, and get straight to the point for each question they ask you in order to maximize your time with the interviewer!

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

I completed the application online and I was contacted the following day to set up an initial phone screen. I spoke to one of the Sr. Manager's in Recruiting and had a really great conversation about Zillow and the kind of work environment it is, as well as the qualities they were looking for in an employee and I was looking for in an employer. It was one of the best phone screens I've ever had! That then led to an on-site interview with members of the team, which also proved to be just as awesome. Everyone asked really thoughtful and insightful questions, and really did their best to make me feel comfortable. It was really a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Why Zillow?
      Describe a recent issue you had at work due to communication, or lack thereof.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

Initial interview via telephone with Dr. of Recruiting. Set up on site loop same day. On site loop was 4 hours, 1 RC peer interview, 1 interview with RC promoted to Recruiter, 1 interview with CTO (direct business partner), 1 interview with Recruiter I would be working with, 1 interview with Dir. of Recruiting. Was called 2 days later and offered a position, very detailed in terms. Transparancy and communication was very important to Dir of Recruiting and this was clear in her communication and presentation of job detail and the offer. Extraordinary energy and also high expectations.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: If you could change anything about the process with your last company what, why and how? This was unexpected because it was more high level than I thought of questions for this role but then found out that a higher level was wanted for this role in a strech position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Specific with lots of clarity and transparancy about why a specific offer was being made to me. I was sent a contract via email and had questions/ clairifications that were answered by next day in great detail.