Zillow Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

3.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I initially applied to Zillow in June 2017 and forgot all about it. However I was pleasantly surprised when I got an email from a recruiter in August asking for a phone interview.

I scheduled a phone interview through one recruiter however I talked to another recruiter. I should have known this wasn't going to work out because on the first phone screen the recruiter was 15 minutes late. I was still interested in learning more about the company so I did not let that bother me.

When the recruiter did call, it was more of a conversation. Which I liked and she said that I moved on to the next round with a phone call with the sales manager. I was super happy.

It a took a while to schedule the second phone interview, however when it was schedule I was told verbally and in the email that the interview would be at 11:30am EST.

I ended up getting a call at 11:00 am EST instead and it wasn't with the Sales Manager it was with the Sales Team lead. Although I was surprised about the sudden change of time, I was prepared and I was able continue with the interview.

I was then told that I would be coming in for an in person interview. Prior to the interview I contacted the recruiter and asked if I needed to bring any copies of my resume and I was told no. Something told me to bring some extra copies anyway.

Anyway, the office and the location of the office was awesome. It is by everything . There are three interviews. The first two are with sales managers and the last one is with the General Manager.

The first two interviews seem to go really well. They seemed impressed by my answers and I got a really positive vibe from them. They gave me a tour around the office and even let me listen in on a couple of sales calls as well. I definitely saw myself at this company.

The last interview with the General Manager was the hardest. After listening to some of the calls the GM came up to me asked for a copy of my resume. Thank goodness I didn't listen to the recruiter and I had a copy of my resume on me. At that point I was starting to think they were testing me to see if I was prepared all the time. It wasn't that his questions were hard to answer. It was his personality. He was very cold towards me also I'm not from NYC area so it was hard for me to understand him because he had that NYC accent. So I had to take a couple of pauses so that I could make sure I heard him correctly. Anyway he asked questions about the last company I worked with, I was asked to pitch, I was asked why should they hire me.

I was prepared for all of that. I left there feeling pretty confident and I was told that I would hear by the end of the week about my results. Friday came and I didn't receive anything. I didn't worry about it though because it was the start of Labor Day weekend.

After the weekend I emailed one of the recruiters twice and didn't hear back. I emailed another recruiter and she told me that I should hear something back by Friday EOD and If I don't give her call.

Again, I didn't hear anything so I gave her call. No one picked up the phone. I left a voice message and about 45 minutes after I received a call at 6:30 pm from another recruiter saying that they are so sorry they are calling me late but they decided to move on with other candidates and this was a decision that they made on Wednesday. Before I could ask him for any feedback he said that he didn't have any feedback for me but he can set up some time with me on Monday and give me some feedback. He didn't give me any contact information so I'm sure the feedback conversation will not happen. Also I still haven't received an automatic email saying they have decided to move forward with other candidates.

I'm not going sit here and say that I'm not upset about this whole process, because I am. It was disorganized and lacked communication on all ends. Also, I really wanted to work with Zillow.

I hope Zillow reads this review and use this to improve their hiring process. Communication and Organization is very important.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? Are you competitive? What motivates you? Why sales?   Answer Question

Zillow Response

Sep 12, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback and I sincerely apologize for the less than ideal interview experience. At Zillow Group, one of our core values is ‘Turn on the Lights... More

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One with recruiter, one with hiring manager. Followed by to face interview with three members of management team. Very transparent and told me they were concerned about my loyalty after working at two different companies since leaving a job I had worked at for 7 years. Thought it was strange considering they were on a hiring freeze from the time I left my job of 7 years, until they opened the position.

Was told I would hear from them "very soon". Followed up with thank you email the day of. Finally reached out to the recruiter and hiring manager after no response a week after the interview. Was told they decided to interview other candidates, but to keep my eyes open for any other opportunities that would be a good fit. Thanked them and asked for feedback/areas of improvement and got no response. Applied for two positions at Zillow since, and never received courtesy email saying I have not been selected for an interview.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Aug 28, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for the time you spent with us. We do our best to try to follow up with all candidates, but it sounds like that wasn't the case for you. I will share this... More

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Quick, efficient & transparent. After applying online I received an email from a corporate recruiter within a few hours asking to set up a phone interview. From there:
    -30 minute screener with recruiter
    -30 minute phone interview with Director
    -30 minute phone interview with Sales Manager
    -In person interview at office
    -30 minute phone interview with VP

The recruiter was very engaging and did a great job keeping me informed throughout the process. Everyone I interviewed with was incredibly smart, friendly, and happy to be working at Zillow. I received an offer a couple days after my call with the VP and I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Questions about my background and how my skills pertained to the job at hand. The interviews were much more conversational and the interviewers were very friendly and engaging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a day later requesting to set up an interview. Had a phone interview the following week. The recruiter than invited me for another phone with interview with a sales lead the following day. I was then invited for an in person interview the next week with 2-3 sales managers and the Sales director and heard back the next day that i got the job. Really smooth process, everyone was nice and transparent.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Sales? What motivates you? Why Zillow? Describe a time you got in a disagreement with a co-worker and how did you handle it? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I think there were 2 phone calls, then an in person interview with 2 sales managers and then the General manager. I was very impressed with everything. They interview a TON of people so make sure you bring your A game. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly. Questions weren't too challenging. There was a math question and just tons of questions about how my experience and prior success can be applied at Zillow.

Interview Questions

• We get thousands of applicants, why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A friend works at Zillow and he recommended me for the position. A couple days after applying I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview with a recruiter. The first phone interview was easy. The recruiter was really nice and personable but also direct and to-the-point.

He followed-up immediately to schedule a second phone interview with a sales manager. The second interview was much more challenging but not overly so. I think they wanted to get a sense of phone presence since the job is primarily over-the-phone.

A few hours later they emailed to schedule an in-person interview at the office. They gave me a quick tour of the sales floor and office area (which seemed awesome). Then I met with three separate managers individually. They mostly asked the same questions about my current job and how I could see myself transitioning to the role at Zillow.

The recruiter that I did my first interview with called a couple days later and told me I got the job after asking about how the process went.

Overall the process wasn't too difficult or challenging. They're looking for people that are energetic, confident, and will fit in with their team. Do some good research on the company and be able to explain what you like about it.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding about the role you're applying for? (Every person I spoke with asked this question so have an answer ready.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Multi-stage process. Very nice people. They are definitely looking for upbeat energetic type people. They also seem to be very big on college alumni, wouldn't hurt to talk about yours.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a couple initial calls and great conversations with recruiters from Zillow followed by a phone interview with a manager which included an on the spot pitch. I was invited to come in the office for an in person interview. I met with three different people, including two managers and the director of sales. My take away was an immediate connection to everyone. My conversation with the director of sales included a phone pitch. It was obvious from the moment I was met by Michele, who is awesome, this is just a nice place. Everyone is nice. I'm now convinced pigs can fly. Amazing work environment.

Interview Questions

• Throw your resume aside and tell me what makes you you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a video interview, then an in person interview with 3 people. recruiter asked you basic questions and the video interview I had canned questions. In person were the most difficult.