Zillow Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Sales Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Zillow

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

phone screen with a manager where I had to run him through a quick pitch, then 3 consecutive in-office interviews where i met with 1 manager and 2 general managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied. Received an email from their recruiter.

Two initial phone interviews. Then office interview to their Irvine office.

The face-to-face interview was interesting. They let me know that I would be interviewing with 3 people that day. Instead, I ended up interviewing with only two people.

The first interview went great and I built rapport immediately. The interviewer was nice and engaging. But, when it came to the second Senior Executive Manager....he walked through the door and immediately I felt a big difference. He would ask a question and avoid all eye contact with me throughout the interview.

He then presented a script with a dialogue between client and executive. He gave me less than a minute to read a long script. He asked me if I had any questions so I asked if I was going to object to the dialogue. He responded yes. Then, I went off script because I was under the impression I would read the part and would handle the objection. Instead, he was quite rude the whole time by looking down to my resume, avoiding eye contact and looking at his watch the whole time.

Towards the end, he said that the 3rd interviewer may or may not come to interview me because of his busy schedule.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Concise and insightful, from the initial phone screening with a recruiter all the way to the in person interview. Hiring process was very quick, and allowed time me to prepare for the new role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview through a referral. The recruiter said he would be getting back to me within a few days. He also encouraged me to e-mail him if I hadn't heard anything. Normally I don't follow up with recruiters after a single phone interview, but because the recruiter suggested I do so, I followed through.

The recruiter never responded to my e-mail and it has been over a month since I interviewed. In all fairness, the recruiter was very professional and easy to talk to, and I know recruiters have a tough job and it's hard to keep track of every e-mail. That said, if someone is interviewing through an internal referral and you ask them to e-mail you, it seems like good business practice to respond to the candidate's e-mail.

Interview Questions

• What was the sales cycle like at your previous position? Are you okay with attending trade shows? How comfortable are you with extensive travel? Salary requirements etc.   Answer Question

Zillow Response

Feb 16, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review. We strive to ensure that all candidates including employee referrals are given a top notch experience and I apologize that we did not... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

Really bummed to be honest. I applied for the position in NYC. I currently live in Alabama but had living arrangements in place to move up there. I let them know about my location on the first interview. They said it wouldn't be a problem and that they would simply do a video conference interview in place of an in person interview. They said it was common and won't be a problem. I got the second interview and it went great. A recruiter followed up the following week saying they wanted to have the final interview and asked when I could visit the office. I told them the first recruiter said I could do a video conference interview. That didn't seem to be a problem until an hour later the recruiter said the sales team changed their mind on the video conference interview. From here everything spiraled out of control. It took weeks for the recruiters and the sales teams to communicate. A recruiter setup a phone call for me to speak with a sales manager and that they would have a solution for the situation. The sales manager instead ran me through an interview and at the end said the recruiters would decide what would be done for the final interview.

It has been weeks and the recruiter finally told me I would have to fly up for the interview or they would just have to go with someone else.

In the end I think it's important for people and business to own their mistakes. The teams didn't communicate well with each other and expected me to compromise for their mistake.

Zillow looks like a great company. I'm upset things didn't turn out differently. Unfortunate to perform well and not get an opportunity for circumstances out of your control.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Jan 19, 2018 – Zillow Group Representative

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on the interview process for the Sales Executive role in our New York office. We do our best to ensure that all candidates are communicated... More

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

A friend works at Zillow and he recommended me for the position. A couple days after applying I was emailed about scheduling a phone interview with a recruiter. The first phone interview was easy. The recruiter was really nice and personable but also direct and to-the-point.

He followed-up immediately to schedule a second phone interview with a sales manager. The second interview was much more challenging but not overly so. I think they wanted to get a sense of phone presence since the job is primarily over-the-phone.

A few hours later they emailed to schedule an in-person interview at the office. They gave me a quick tour of the sales floor and office area (which seemed awesome). Then I met with three separate managers individually. They mostly asked the same questions about my current job and how I could see myself transitioning to the role at Zillow.

The recruiter that I did my first interview with called a couple days later and told me I got the job after asking about how the process went.

Overall the process wasn't too difficult or challenging. They're looking for people that are energetic, confident, and will fit in with their team. Do some good research on the company and be able to explain what you like about it.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding about the role you're applying for? (Every person I spoke with asked this question so have an answer ready.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Denver, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

Multi-stage process. Very nice people. They are definitely looking for upbeat energetic type people. They also seem to be very big on college alumni, wouldn't hurt to talk about yours.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Irvine, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview, then a video interview, then an in person interview with 3 people. recruiter asked you basic questions and the video interview I had canned questions. In person were the most difficult.

Sales Executive Interview

Interview

Followed up with an email and initial phone interview, which moved me to the next round and another phone screening with a sales manager.

The questions were very difficult and the manager was very sharp so I didn’t know what to expect after the call. I didn’t hear back for couple days, which felt like weeks, but they emailed me back about 3-5 days later for an in person interview the following week.

The in person interview was very welcoming. I went and saw all the departments, including the sales floor, and they showed me how the day to day worked within the company, which was amazing. I interviewed with 3 different managers and it lasted about 2 hours overall.

I didn’t hear back from the recruiter for about 3-4 days, which again felt like a lifetime. I received an email and followed up with an acceptance offer and flew to Seattle to train for 10 days a couple weeks later. Smooth process, one of the better / more difficult interview I’ve faced but extremely effective.

Very quick to respond considering how busy they are, a few days felt like a forever but was super excited to receive the offer as I was weighing option from other places. Zillow is amazing and couldn’t be happier.

Interview Questions

• Cold call pitch - also know the company and understand their values before you interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Over the phone talk with Internal Mobility Specialist. Then I had a in office chat for 15 minutes with a hiring manager. After that I had 3 interviews back to back in office. The main question was 'why do you want this job.'

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • What will you do if this job does not work out?   1 Answer