Zillow Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Zillow Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Dec 8, 2017

253 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

1st, online asssessment.
    2nd, phone screen.
    final round: 4 rounds tech interviews + lunch.
    Solve all the algorithm problems in the best way, but still get rejected. The rejection reason they gave to me is somewhat hilarious: the solution is not efficient, I am 100% sure that all of my solutions are efficient, they may just want to reject me for whatever reason.

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Nov 29, 2017 – Zillow Group Representative

Thank you for your feedback. We are very thoughtful in our technical assessment approach and do have the answers well calibrated. I am sorry, however, if it was frustrating to be declined over the... More

Instructional Designer (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Great experience! 20 minute phone screening with a recruiter who set up two separate "coffee" interviews, one with a member of the team and the other with a hiring manger. Was assigned a project with a week turnaround time. Received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• Share about your intake process if starting a project from the beginning. What types of information would you request?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 onsite
    General algorithm coding problems, similar to other companies like Amazon, Microsoft
    2 phone interviews with 1 hour each
    Then I went to Onsite. 3/4 are very similar to Phone interviews. 1 is project discuss and design.

Interview Questions

• similar to Binary search, LCA Tree, 1st unique character, add one, design database tables   Answer Question

Senior Sales Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

One of the most seamless and comfortable interview processes I have been through. The entire team was engaging and insightful and took candidate care seriously from application to closing on the offer.

Interview Questions

• A majority of questions were focused on strategy, leadership and relationship building.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The hiring process was simple; phone screen with a recruiting manager and an onsite interview. 3 former recruiters who had formerly worked at my current company took their time to rant about their experience at my company. There was limited exchange or interest in what I could do, rather they vented about how awful their time was at my current employer. It was awkward and clear that they didn’t have any interest in speaking with or learning about me. Then they called me to tell me they didn’t feel like I wanted to continue my career path. I was surprised they extrapolated that info, given they shared nonstop about how much they dispised my company. It felt like a first date with a person who isn’t over their ex. I had to laugh— it was clearly an example of ‘interviews from hell.’

Interview Questions

Zillow Response

Oct 11, 2017 – VP, Recruiting

Hello and thank you for sharing your experience with us. When we interview someone who is in our same profession with shared experiences, we may take a more casual and candid approach in our... More

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in Seattle in September 2017, the whole process from application to offer took 1 month. The interview experience was very positive! Everyone was very friendly and made me feel very welcome. Getting the decision took longer than they originally estimated, but they made sure I was in the loop the whole time.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about why I wanted this job (no previous recruiting experience). And a lot of questions about task management and scheduling experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I reached out via email to a recruiter I had met while interviewing there for a internship last summer. While the recruiter had since left the company, another responded and sent me the coding challenge. After the coding challenge, they wanted a phone screen. However, they allowed me to skip this and move right into an onsite interview in Seattle due to my existing travel plans and offer deadlines. I was very impressed with them for being so accommodating - from the completion of the coding challenge, they got me through the entire interview process in 10 days. The onsite interview itself consisted of ~4 interviews, with a break for lunch in the middle, during which a recent hire at Zillow kept me company. At the end of the interviews, the recruiter sat me down and told me initial feedback looked good. Within a couple of days after the interview they came back with an offer - overall, one of the most efficient and least painful interview processes I have experienced.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think Zillow values?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

I honestly knew I didn’t get the job before I even interviewed. I just had a feeling as the process felt like I was pulling teeth and I felt “dismissed” right off the bat.

I received interest from a recruiter a week or so after applying online. The phone screen with the recruiter itself took a few tries to coordinate with me having to continually check in to see if my emails were received and if date/timing worked on their end.

After the phone screen, which took a week and a half later to finally nail down as the recruiter mentioned she was very busy, I got a call with the hiring manager. This also took a few tries as well as it was cancelled twice before it actually happened...a few hours prior to the actual scheduled interview.

When I finally was able to chat with the hiring manager, it lasted 15 min out of the 30 it was scheduled for. The hiring manager was very short, asked about my background (in which I’m very qualified for as my previous roles were extremely similar to what I was applying for) and then told me she had a lot of other people to get through without asking if I even had questions for her or about the role. Needless to say, I didn’t get an in person interview but no surprise there. I’m not the best at interviews but I didn’t even get a chance to mess it up. I simply felt I was inconveniencing them the entire time. Super bummed. I follow Zillow as a company and having been awaiting an opportunity to get my foot in the door for awhile, but I really want someone who is excited by me and my qualifications at least a little.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, why Zillow, particular questions related to certain job roles.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Over the phone talk with Internal Mobility Specialist. Then I had a in office chat for 15 minutes with a hiring manager. After that I had 3 interviews back to back in office. The main question was 'why do you want this job.'

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?   1 Answer
    • What will you do if this job does not work out?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Fairly straight forward and to the point. I had to nag them a little bit just to reassure that they would be on top of scheduling interviews and such. I can be rather impatient when it comes to those things, however.

Interview Questions

• Asked me why I thought I could be a good fit for their team and what not.   1 Answer