Zillow Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

Zillow Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Apr 27, 2017

User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then second round phone interview with a designer in the team. Finally, a onsite interview lasted about 3 hours. Included a presentation and 3 one-on-one interviews.

Senior Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screen with recruiter. 30 minute call with Manager. In person for an hour meeting with Director and Manager. Recruiter called me to say I didn't get the job when she said she would so I appreciate her keeping her word.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was an employee referral and moved right to a phone screen within a week. The following week I interviewed with the hiring manager - again on the phone. I was invited in for an onsite interview on week 3 of the process. The onsite included 4 interviews with people from the team including the hiring manager. I was told decisions would be made by the end of the week.

It was perhaps the most welcoming interview environment I have ever been in with each one thanking me for my time and interest in Zillow. Here's where it goes south. No one has contacted me since - even after I sent a follow up email. It makes me feel like all the hospitality was a bit disingenuous. It soured what was otherwise a wonderful experience. After someone takes time to come in to the office for a series of interviews, a simple "thanks, but no thanks" email is clearly in order.

Interview Questions

• Rank the following in importance to you: Company culture, Relationships, Making $, Closing the sale.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a long process, down to even getting an interview . Spoke with the recruiter through Linkedin. After that it was a 30 min phone interview. Then an in person interview that lasted 90 minutes. Three different managers at 30 minutes each time one came in. They were candid and it was very comfortable.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter and three members of the team over the phone, all very pleasant people. We had great conversations, no hard questions, just the basics. It all seemed to go well, but I later learned that they'd had an incredible number of applicants for this position, so quite competitive.

Interview Questions

• They asked for examples of when I mentored someone and how that went, so be prepared for that one.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Had a first-round telephone interview, and then I was brought in for an on-site that lasted about 4 1/2 hours with 5 people (3 technical rounds).

This position was also listed as a remote opportunity, but they changed it to on-site at the last minute. I was extremely excited about this position until that happened. Zillow is an open-office environment. No one (not even managers) has their own office. As an introvert, my stomach sank when I toured the floor. I'm betting companies like Zillow are missing out on a lot of talent by having this setup and not allowing remote work. Open offices are not for everyone.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are trying to cross a stream full of rocks. Write an algorithm to determine if you can make it to the other side with the following assumptions:
      1) A rock is represented as a 1, water is represented as 0, so a stream of rocks could be represented as [1,1,1,0,0,1,0,1]
      2) With each jump to a rock, the next maximum distance you can jump is equal to the previous jump + 1. So starting out, you can only jump from index 0 to index 1 (if there's a rock at index 1). Then from index 1, you can jump to index 2 or 3 (if there's a rock). Then from index 2, you can jump to 3,4, or 5, etc.
      1 Answer

Associate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly fast paced. I had initial phone screen with the recruiter and the next business day I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. That same day they reached out to schedule an in-person interview.
    When I went in, the office was beautiful and everyone was extremely welcoming.
    I interviewed with 3 people, each of them were so nice and made the process less stressful. I clicked with them immediately.
    Almost exactly a week later, an offer was made.

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

I sat with three team leads who supervise the client engagement specialists. I had a basic formal interview format and felt comfortable asking the interviewers questions about what sort of difficulties they were facing. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and was told that they would get back to me quickly after the interview.

Software Development Engineer, Machine Learning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

It takes more than one month. Please don't apply to the company. It is more than ridiculous. If you submitted code correctly, then even you gonna rejected after 1 month.

Construction Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

the Interview process was very thorough. I Had two phone interviews then an in person at zillow hq which consisted of four interviews. The recruiter provided a set up discussion as well as feedback after the interview. It was a very smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from other sales reps.   1 Answer