Zillow Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zillow Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zillow.

Interview

Passed the take home coding portion and the first phone interview. Second phone interview was doing some coding on an online compiler. Wasn't hard, but my interviewer did not seem enthused.

Interview Questions

• Given a 2^31 x 2^31 tic tac toe board, describe how you would store the state of the game to check if there is a winner.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was sent a coding challenge that included stringToLong() and insertion/deletion in a ternary tree. Heard back the next day and scheduled a phone interview with an engineering manager. That interview included basic background questions and an easy "return the first unique char in an array" question. I did well and got a second phone interview. That interview was with a more senior manager and included open-ended questions about data structures ("what are some properties of a good hash function?", "Java provides two standard implementations of the List interface, LinkedList and ArrayList - why? which one is better for what?") and a binary search coding question. Finally I interviewed at Zillow in Seattle. They paid for a 5-star hotel, meals and transportation and the process was very nice. Had 3 1-hour interviews with increasingly senior engineers. There were two integer array questions that required a little bit of math, and I was asked to implement a hash table. Overall I was treated well and happy with the process. They were nice people and I would have liked to work there.

Interview Questions

• Given a word and a list of valid English words, return a list of all valid words that can be made by permuting the characters in the given word.   3 Answers

Software Engineer, Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First they privide a couple of questions to do at home. Then a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• All technical questoins on trees, heap, etc, nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zillow in November 2013.

Interview

First received a coding test which is exactly was is found here. After that, had a 45 minute phone interview. The whole process took about three weeks, and they got back to me a day after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• - Given a file containing all integers except 4, find out which 4 are missing
      - How much memory does your algorithm use
      - Explain how to implement a hash map
      Answer Question