Zillow User Experience Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Their interview was more like a "non-interview": rudimentary simplistic questions (what dates did you work on project [X] that's on your resume? vs discuss one of your projects), clearly uniniterested or uncurious interviewers, it seemed like they had decided on a candidate but still were required to interview me or more people. No case study or research problem to work on, no presentation required, their conversation was interrupted and tedious. I guess they had somebody in mind to hire but company policy (and employment law) requires considering multiple candidates, and diverse, so they went through the motions with me (I'm "diverse" according to legal definitions, so I guess I was their token diversity candidate to "interview" and reject just for show, and to avoid legal action). So, beware, Zillow could care less about innovation and promoting user experience, they might be just hiring from within or a specific friend of a friend from their clan, then interviewing new "candidates" to comply with the law.

Interview Questions

• What dates did you work on project [X] that's on your resume? What's your favorite research method?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zillow

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zillow (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

I received a confusing series of conflicting emails from the recruiters assigned to this position, detailing first a phone screen with a recruiter (at a date they set up without consulting me). This was immediately followed by an email asking to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager, followed by a request to confirm.

The actual phone interview with the hiring manager started with him calling 10 minutes late, I had already scrambled to email the HR representative.

The interview was very cordial, questions mostly focused on recent projects and with few questions about specific research methods. Long opportunity to ask questions about the position.

I was told to expect a response for the next phase in about a week, and a week and a half passed and no response. I followed up with the HR recruiter and heard I had been passed over.