Zimmerman Advertising Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.5

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Began with 1 individual meeting with first. Questions came up such as how I came to look for work. Why am I looking for work. How important would this job mean to me If I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What ticketing system have you used before in the past.   Answer Question

Junior Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Junior and mid-level roles, as I was coming to the agency with copious freelance experience. I realized that there might be a learning curve as I had no agency experience, so I was prepared to take on the Junior role to learn and grow with the company.

The interview was approximately two hours long. I spent 30 minutes each with the Managing Creative Director, a Creative Director who oversaw the team I was placed on, and two senior VP level CDs. I was welcomed warmly. We went over my portfolio, which they had a lot of excellent comments on, and each mini-interview was very freeform. I was asked only a handful of questions, then the floor was opened up for me to talk about myself and ask questions. This was difficult, as it was unexpected, but after the first one the rest were much easier.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe my creative process, and how my skills would best fit the company's needs.   1 Answer

Technology Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with a number of decision makers in the department, who apparently convened afterwards and discussed candidate interview results. Individual interviewers asked questions that were relevant to their particular areas of the department, their specialties so to speak. I was subjected to five different interviews, with each interview taking approximately 30 minutes per interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skill set melding with other areas of the company?   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising in May 2015.

Interview

Very welcoming, friendly, and supportive. Great tour of the new office. You certainly feel like you are the most important person in the building during the interview. From the friendly reception in the lobby, to the VIP treatment in the Green Room, the HR team, Hiring Manager, and the Business Unit makes you feel right at home.

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

A lot of managers interviewed me and kept saying I was overqualified but still kept me here for over 5 hours until finally, the last supervisor who interviewed me, understood where I was coming from and saw my potential. Glad she did. She's the best. Needless to say, I got the job. Not the one I wanted but I'll get there.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here having so much experience?   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied through their online portal and was contacted a day later. The HR coordinator was really nice and sweet and a good communicator. She made the company feel more accessible than their reputation would suggest. They contacted me before Thanksgiving and then contacted me the Tuesday after to schedule me for Wednesday. When I arrived, she had my entire day planned out. I was to meet with 5 people and two different sections of the digital department. At the end, the director of the digital department heard good things about me and met with me as well. The HR coordinator told me it was a good sign and gave me helpful tips. I instantly like the director and had a great meeting with him. His facial expressions made me feel like I would get hired and I'm extremely glad I did.

Interview Questions

• This company really looks for passion and drive. When I was let go from me previous position of less than a year, the director asked me "Were you just not invested?" They seek commitment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for a little more due to my experience and previous salary and they accepted.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a response back from a recruiter via email within 24 hours. Spoke to the recruiter on the phone. She was very professional, friendly and engaging. Definitely a good first impression for the company. Within 48 hours she responded back that she had set up a face-to-face interview with multiple members of the department, including two peers and the hiring manager. She scheduled a four hour block of time. I also had to complete a short personality assessment online before my interview. Upon arriving the next day, I observed that the parking was atrocious. My first meeting was with a different internal recruiter, who was also very friendly and professional. The environment seemed vibrant and energetic. I went into the first interview feeling positive. Unfortunately it spiraled downhill very quickly from there. The first two people I met were other Project Managers in the department and they were nothing short of awful. They kept shuffling me from place to place, guiding me through a never-ending maze of dreary cubicles until we ended in a small, stuffy conference room with no windows. I felt like I had committed a crime and was being interrogated by Scotland Yard! Between the two of them I was lectured about not having my MBA, repeatedly questioned about whether I had good references or not (if they were bad, why would I list them?!), and nearly insulted about not having certain programming experience which was NOT listed in the job description I applied for. Come to find out, the position I interviewed for wasn't even the original position I applied for at all and these gentlemen seemed to think it was my fault that the recruiter made a mistake. It was all I could do to stop myself from running out of there but I felt that would be unprofessional so I bit the bullet and finished the interview. The hiring manager was a bit more pleasant and he and I were both upfront about the fact that I was not the right fit for the position. After reading the reviews from employees about this organization, I am counting my blessings that I did not waste anymore time there than the 4 hour interview. Potential candidates be warned - their website and marketing materials may look appealing at first glance, but this company seems more like a slave ship than the party cruise they try to appear as. Oh and their corporate motto, which is required on all email signatures - "24x7, seriously". Sorry but that doesn't seem like a very good work/life balance to me.

Interview Questions

• So if I call your references, every single one of them will say something positive about you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Applied in early February, got an email end of Feb saying I was selected and had to pick a time slot for a Skype interview. Once I did that I was given an assignment that had to be turned in later that week. Then I had to wait until end of March to get an email saying I was chosen.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an interview, followed by phone conversations, and a sample project. There were many phone conversations in between that were also a part of the interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zimmerman Advertising (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, sets up meeting with two or three teams, they tell you all about company culture and their background, calls you back the next day with a decision

Interview Questions

• Experience in industry, what does Account Services mean to you   Answer Question