Zions Bancorporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zions Bancorporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.7

Teller On-Call Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation in January 2015.

Interview

Standard interview behavioral and situational questions. 2:1 interview; bank manager and customer service manager. They are especially interested in prior sales experience so emphasize this and prepare to explain some scenarios. Being a retail bank, their second most important set of questions revolves around customer service. Have a strong scenario ready where you solved a conflict.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you resolved a conflict with a customer. What was the situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. If I had prior banking experience I might have been able to negotiate a higher starting point but I was happy with the starting pay.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process took one week. A phone interview with the HR, and on site with the hiring manager. Its all fair questions, why do you want to work for Zions Bancorp, some detailed about your project, and SAS questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Two hour phone interview (1 hour with hiring manager, 1 hour with team). The interview with the manager was great. I could tell she had experience with interviewing. The interview with the team was unstructured and their questions were forced. I even had one person say, "Uh, let's see. What could I ask? Oh, are there any gaps in your resume?"

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important project management skills to have?   Answer Question

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

They go off the STAR interview questions. So be ready to give situations of leadership, teamwork, and workload stories. They always interview in panels of about 4-6 supervisors or managers. They also rely on employee referrals, so if you know someone who works there that will help. Be careful when they are explaining what the duties of the job will be sometimes they leave out something major and then tell you later on. They are good with school schedules, only if you can get the work done. Meaning if you have to work 12 hours in a day and then homework, they expect you to put work first over it all.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a big project that you knew you couldn't get done in time? What did you do to present your concerns to your supervisor? How did it end?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Brief and relaxed but still a formal interview. One formal phone interview, another in person but less formal interview with a panel, and a final less formal meeting with a more senior manager. The panel interview questions in the phone interview were lead in part by the thoughts and goals of the panel which consisted of potential peers. My particular interviews were not typical of Zions Bancorp but more of an outlier and reflected the nature of the position I was being interviewed for as being part of group that sets out to accomplish the same goal but by individuals with unique and varied abilities.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about SAS, SQL experience. Questions about resume; educational experience, work experience, accomplishments.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied thru their Career website. HR contacted me for a round 1 phone interview with the team members I would be working with. Interview was good with equal emphasis on questions about my technical expertise and them explaining to me what the job is all about. Got a call within 2 days for a round 2 on site interview with the team and the manager. Got an offer after 5 days.

I thought the overall interview process was straight forward and easy.

Documentation Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with the individual who had overseen this process in their International Center (SLC) office. Somewhat relaxed and generally informal. It seemed like they wanted to speak with at least 12 individuals before making a decision. I have a very positive feeling at the conclusion of the interview and it actually seemed presumed (on both my part and the interviewer) that there would be a second interview. I was very surprised when not only did I not receive a 2nd interview (really not that big of a deal), but didn't even so much as receive a 'thanks but no thanks' email following the process.

Interview Questions

• The individual seemed most interested in my experience with the internal documentation they had been using.   1 Answer

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR after submitting online application. They set up an interview with the hiring manager for the position. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. We compared the required skills for the position with my education and experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about an experience working with a difficult manager or co-worker.   Answer Question

Small Business Loan Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Valley City, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (West Valley City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with all three team leaders and the department manager. A lot of the same questions were repeated by all four interviewers which was annoying. The process also took a long time, and they didn't notify me right away when they had made their decision. I had to reach out myself.

Interview Questions

• Lots of follow up questions to your answers. Make sure to have good reasoning for your answers.   Answer Question

Small Business Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zions Bancorporation (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

Application and telephone interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an other employee did something unethical?   1 Answer