Zipcar Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

Zipcar Interview Questions in Cambridge, MA

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Start with pair interviews with multiple groups of folks from Engineering. There were a total of 4 pairs of engineers and the DBA. Then HR person. And finally the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Looked over resume, and briefly ask some of the achievements and description, etc   Answer Question
    • Some technical stuff for role, java or database or ruby depending on your role   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Cambridge, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

I met with everyone in the QA group on my first interview. On the second interview I met with some of the Software Engineers and some of the management. Everyone was very cordial and was very concerned about making sure that my schedule was not affected by the interview process. A very enjoyable experience

Interview Questions

• I was asked by one interviewer about what type of tree I would like to be. I did not really understand the question but I think they were looking for a good personality fit so I could appreciate the reason for asking it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They put their best food forward and made a very nice offer, I gladly accepted.

Member Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Cambridge, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

The process went fairly smooth. I attended a job fair that was put on by Zipcar. I was able to discuss the position with another Member Services Specialist. After the job fair I received a call to come in for an interview with a manager. I had 2 interviews that day. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes.

After the interview I was contacted 4 days later and offered the job over the phone. I had to wait an additional 2 weeks for the background check to be completed. My first day of work was aproximately 3 weeks after the job fair.

Interview Questions

• The questions seemed pretty straight forward. They were the typical behavioral style interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For the member service specialist they have a set starting pay. There is rarely any room for negotiation