Zipcar Fleet Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zipcar Fleet Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Zipcar

2.0

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process went rather smooth. I applied in January 2015 and was contacted for a phone interview towards the end of March. After I conducted the phone interview/screening, I was asked to come to the office in Manhattan for in-person interview. During the in-person interview, I was interviewed by the Fleet operations manager and then by the Senior Manager for fleet and logistics. Both interviews had a relaxed vibe about them, I was asked standard questions and was informed of the duties and responsibiliites for the position. After all the interview, I was given a business card from the Senior manager and was told I would here back by next week. The following week on Friday, I contacted them and was given another phone interview with a different fleet manager. After that i was told that he would confer with the Senior Manager and I would hear back from him next week. Monday of next week came, and I was emailed asking to complete a Zipcar memebership, drug test, background check, with a few other company paperwork through a employee portal website. I called the second fleet manager back asking for a update on my status of my employment, he told me that the background check takes a few days to process and that I should have an offer letter, no later than Tuesday of next week. Tuesday came and I recieved a phonce call from the fleet manager and the senior manager, informing that I had recieved the job and they would email me the offer letter. Once I sent back the signed offer letter, I had to fill out some I-9, tax, and other forms through the employee portal. My start date was set two weeks from the acceptance date, however they gave me an extra week due to the fact, I am coming from out of state.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you and do you have any experience with managing people under me?   1 Answer
  • How comfotable are you with Microsoft excel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zipcar

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and they contacted me the following week to set up a 30 minute phone interview, where they had me speak about previous experiences, interests, and how my qualifications fit the job description. I had an in person interview with the Fleet Manager and the General Manager of the market about a week and a half later. The interview was very relaxed and seemed to be more for me to get a feel of the job, company, and coworkers. I received the offer letter about 2 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• How will your background in lean management improve current processes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

One of my college friend referred me for the position, so the first communication I received was through email asking if I could come in for an interview the next day. I did and interviewed with the Fleet Manager, as well as a number of other Zipcar members in the office. It was fairly laid back and had all the typical questions of a first interview/screening call. It went well and I was invited back for a second interview with the General Manager, once again communicated through email. I came in and met the General Manager, had a good interview and was told that they would make a decision the following week. As it was a Monday, I decided to wait until the following Wednesday to follow up. I emailed the Fleet Manager and to this date (a week later) I haven't heard anything. I understand they are busy, but I took time out of my days to come in and the professional thing to do would be to take 1 minute and send an email to close it out. I'm highly disappointed in the company and the unprofessionalism displayed.

Interview Questions

• If you could retain everything you know, but have the ability to live five distinct lives, what would they be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Not very averse... This individual seems to have been home schooled... Or maybe grew up in rural Siberia where your main learning experiences were ice fishing and avoiding bears. He was barely able to form a sentence but was adamant about his experience with Hotels and making sure there were no hairs in the sink? This "individual" had me a bit confused as well as deterred...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

TERRRIBBBLEEE

Fleet Coordinator Interview

Interview

I had a referral that led to my first phone interview. It was maybe twenty minutes long and fairly standard in terms of first steps. An in-person interview followed a week later which was with two people. The questions were pretty straight forward and what you might expect from any general interview. Everyone was laid back and very nice, while maintaining professionalism. I was offered the job two days later. High marks for not throwing out ridiculous random questions, keeping it straightforward and but not too high pressure.