Zipcar Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Operations

Create your profile to get personalized information

Zipcar Operations Interview Questions

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zipcar (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter on phone, very nice a few behaviorial questions on phone interview only and she dug in about passed experience. Second interview did not consist of any behaviorial questions. General Manager did not take any notes during interview process. Asked basic "tell me about your past experience" "What did you do at these positons and why or so do you want to join Zipcar". It was clear that General Manager was not experienced interviewing and he did not ask the right questions to dig out any core competencies I may have had that would detemine if I was qualified for the job. Interviewer spent more time speaking of the future plans of Zipcar and explaining what was their major issues with operations. Perception of GM was a nice guy but he was not a thorough interviewer. Third interview was with a VP, no behaviorial questions. Both interviewers did not take notes, so I am wondering how did they collaborate to determine if my expertise, talents and experiences would benefit Zipcar. It is clear that Zipcar needs a Human Resource consultant from the outside. They will never be able to recruit great talent with their interview system. It was almost like interviewing with a neighborhood real estate agency when I was 18 years old. Very easy interview, but the interviewers seemed more focused on trying to make an assumption if you would make a good fit with their culture just by looking at you and hearing you speak and not by organized and structured behaviorial interview questions. Employees were laid back but they did not smile or say hello, they just look at you like you are crazy. Reception employees were poor, they did not smile with customers and showed frustration to a customer that was asking too many questions.

Interview Questions