Zipcar Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zipcar

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Cambridge, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Start with pair interviews with multiple groups of folks from Engineering. There were a total of 4 pairs of engineers and the DBA. Then HR person. And finally the VP of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Looked over resume, and briefly ask some of the achievements and description, etc   Answer Question
  • Some technical stuff for role, java or database or ruby depending on your role   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zipcar

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zipcar (Boston, MA) in December 2018.

Interview

Personality Screening, then On-Site. Seems that there wasn't a person on-site to assess the actually language in the job recommendation. This made for a tiresome whiteboard-esque problem on somebody else's laptop and IDE in a language they said they don't code in very much. I was asked to switch to pseudo-code when we were running low on time. It would have been nice to have had that option at the beginning of the problem. Pairing with them seemed like a nightmare, while they nitpicked object declarations as I was writing them; and their input sent me on a few false-starts. Other in-person interviews seemed to go well, but the damage was done there.

Interview Questions

• Take flat-JSON files, link ids together, and aggregate data for specific objects.   1 Answer