Zocdoc Director of Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Director of Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Zocdoc

2.7

Director of Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Talked to HR on the phone, went fine.

Had a phone conversation with a tech lead to go over my resume, projects, couple architectural questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I thought it went fine as we laughed and joked a number of times.

Few days later got an email that they will not consider me for this role - was/is very puzzled why

Interview Questions

• Things that in retrospect you could have done differently and what you learned from it   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straightforward. An initial skype screen with another Director of Engineering. Then there was an in person interview with two senior team members. The first interview was more Q&A with a product/ux focus, the second interview was more detailed system design exercise. Meeting both those team members was great and the exercise that we went through was fun!

I usually have a good read on things and I actually thought the interview went well. Unfortunately there were some "technical concerns" and they decided not to proceed any further.

I don't have any major complaints about the company. They seem like a great bunch, doing quite a lot in a fun environment and I wish them all the best. I did think my first interview could have been handled a little more professionally which has led me to my overall negative rating.

Interview Questions

• Nothing specific here but be prepared to flex your system design experience and talk through possible scalability issues.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter for an initial 30 minute phone screen. Then a phone interview with a Director that lasted for an hour. Then an in-person interview at ZocDoc's HQ that lasted 4.5 hours.

During the in-person interview I meet with 2 Directors and finally one of the co-founders. Since I didn't receive an offer, it's clear that they felt I wasn't a good fit. It would have been helpful and professional if ZocDoc provided some form of communication indicating a decision. Despite sending a thank-you follow-up email, they simply didn't provide any feedback after the interview. I thought that was somewhat unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• A white boarding exercise dealing with web architecture.   1 Answer