Zocdoc Inside Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Inside Sales Executive Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Pre-assessment test, phone interview, in-person. The recruiter will charm you into thinking that you already have the job and then an assessment test from hell will catch a normal, experienced, currently employed candidate off-guard on any given morning. Such a waste of my time!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter after which point you come into a physical interview. I interviewed with all of the managers and if one of them likes you they pick you for their team. Interviews were only about 15min each and the whole process took about a hour

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be a hunter or a farmer?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The first red flag was the recruiter. To put it plainly he is an idot. Some how he had a resume of mine that was over three years old. One of the "sales managers" I interviewed with wasn't too bright. I asked a simple question and he looked at me like I was speaking another language. However the second Manger she was really great. However, if the leadership is anything like recruiter or sales manager I wonder why there is a high turn over in the Sales department.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Everything was done over Skype. You'll have the initial convo with HR. Prepare to meet with two mangers at once. 3rd and final is with Sales director. Interview questions were simple..strengths, weakness, why you, why ZocDoc? Be prepared to give them your previous sale numbers. Overall they were very professional, especially the HR guy I delt with.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

They definitely rocked my boat. I studied for hours online, everything from reviews, awards, accomplishments, the CEO, how he burst his ear drum and couldn't see a doctor for four days thus beginning the idea of ZocDoc. I knew my numbers, my business performance and cold call to interested client ratio was which had absolutely nothing to do with my interview experience. My recruiter had told me to know my numbers and to be aggressive,show that I'm money hungry and enthusiastic about the opportunity. She also told me too be prepared to answer the question tell me about yourself, my quotas, etc. etc. None of these questions were asked at all.

Basically close myself. Right now at my current position i have raised 1.3 million in funded deals and make a solid amount of money there's just absolutely no future in the business I'm in. They quickly asked me about my old positions but didn't focus on ANYTHING to do with my current position. The only question they asked about my current position is why i want out and why zocdoc. i told them i want out of finance period too much greed, and i want to work with a reputable company and that it has nothing to do with money and it has more to do with my future which zocdoc seems to have i also said that the fact that they're almost exclusively VC backed (venture capital) especially goldman sachs of all places proves more to me why this is a company that i absolutely want to work for. I asked about growth opportunities and there "unlimited" vacation time obviously knew the answer to that one.

Basically the first guy was a nice guy the second guy who came in was absolutely hard but i pushed back. Both of them didn't seem interested at all. Don't know if this is a tactic or recruiters trying to fill there quotas. it was tough. I literally wanted to ask them hey psst do you care at all about my accomplishments, my quotas, my leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your responsibilities were @ x y, and z companies.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter put me through several hurdles of interviews, only to offer me a lower position with lower pay which I did not apply for and did not have any interest in. No feedback from the recruiter after being in contact for weeks throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Does anybody at your job have any misconceptions about your personality?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I did a phone interview and then was asked to do a face to face interview. The company promises great rewards however fails to mention it is essentially a sweat shop. I was told everyone is required to work 10 hour days 5 days a week and the top reps work more hours than that. If you don't make the quota fairly early on consider yourself gone.

Interview Questions

• I came to you on Monday with a project and said it has to be done by Friday. I then [upset] come to you Wednesday and ask why the project isn't done. How do you respond?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

In regards to the online interview. The job requires an 8am to 6pm workday, Monday through Friday. That is a 10 hour workday, minus an hour lunch (I am assuming), well, that will make it a 9 hour workday x 5 days = 45 hours a week. For $45K a year + a small commission structure. No thank you. My time is worth more & I am worth more. In addition I bring over 10 years of sales experience and they still could not see my value.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were basic questions - from basic people.   1 Answer
    • What do you think about the culture?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

It's clear that the sales recruiters are required to hit stringent hiring quotas. While my recruiter was personable and did a great job following up with me, the process at large was very high-pressure - meet with someone NOW. Sign an offer letter NOW. NOW NOW NOW. It was a company I was very excited to join, but that was a big red flag for me which has been backed up by my current experiences on the sales floor (i.e. the recruiting process was a very good indicator of the work environment)

I'm leaving this review now because at the time I interviewed, there were great reviews on Glassdoor for the company so I figured I would give it a shot - I wanted to share the type of information I've since learned from being here.

Interview Questions

• Popular question: What is one common misconception people have about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They start and end with lies. You just need to do the same. Tell them what they want to hear. "I will work 1000 hours a week." "I am willing to do whatever you want me to" " I am a very quick learner" "I am very excited to work for this company"

Be sure to have a basic idea of what the company does at the very least for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Zocdoc?   1 Answer