Zocdoc Technical Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Technical Lead Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

I think this would rate as the second worse interview I have had in my life.
    From the outset of the interview it was very clear the interviewer wanted to make a case against the technology direction the company was going and so he wasnt interested in hiring someone with a background in that technology which he did not have.
    The guy was disoraganized, scatter-brained and 20 minutes late to the call. He had this Cali-Silicon-Valley-startup geek schtick going. Apparently they buy that act in NY. I learned more about the guy than he did about me while he was trying to impress me channeling Mark Zuckerberg and Steve Jobs.
    He asked a few Computer Science student questions which I did not do well with. These are the type of questions you get fresh out of school, not as a Lead. He did not ask any process, design, or technical leadership questions.
    He asked exactly one technology question and he clearly did not know the subject area. He asked the question wrong and did not understand the answer.
    I left the interview very disappointed in ZocDoc that they actually entrust hiring decisions to someone clearly unqualified and with a hidden agenda, but with no regrets as I think that guy helped me avoid making a very big mistake. It was an interesting view into this startup.

Interview Questions

• If you got to decide between Microsoft and Linux based technology, would you still choose ASP.Net and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I saw an Ad on Craigslist and applied. After a few emails with their internal recruiter, a Skype interview was scheduled. From what i read online i was skeptical on their salaries, so I asked the recruiter what the salary range was for the position (did not want to waste time if they had low salaries) and he told me that the interviewer would be able to tell me. I was interviewed by a senior engineer. We went over my background for about 10 minutes and then moved onto some tech questions. Asked me about the pros and cons of using indexes on a table in SQL Server. He then launched a shared editor and posed a code problem regarding a List. Write a function that takes a list of numbers that have duplicates and return a list without the duplicates. After that he allowed me to ask questions about the company. I asked him about salary range and he told me the recruiter should know. I got an email a few days later telling me that that I’m sorry you have not been selected to move forward in our hiring process. Interviewer was a nice guy, but would have liked to know why I was rejected. Even a one liner would have sufficed.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of indexes on a table in sql server.   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Had a phone screening with a recruiter. She then setup a skype interview with their VP of Engineering. After that, I was invited to an on-site interview with 3 people, 45 minutes each. They split them up as coding, design and architecture. I felt it went fairly well, but I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Design a video game, return a sliding window minimum in O(1) time.   Answer Question