Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

One Skype round - coding, followed by 4 rounds onsite (all technical). The questions were average difficulty. I fell short in one of the design rounds. The HR is very cooperative and responsive. Over all a good experience and enjoyed solving the problems

Interview Questions

• Skype - array related problem. Looking for the most optimized solution. Started with a working solution and then went on to better it. At each element of the array give the sum of all other numbers. Return this new array.   Answer Question
    • Word break problem. Given a string and a dictionary , check if the string can be broken down into words presented in the dictionary.   Answer Question
    • Design a file system   Answer Question
    • Design an online booking system.   Answer Question
    • Design the game of mario   Answer Question

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

I am mid-senior level and began my search through a recruiter. He suggested there was a good fit with this position at Zocdoc. After reviewing the job description, I agreed, and the recruiter arranged an HR screen. After a 30 minute talk with a knowledgeable HR manager, I was scheduled for a phone screen with a team member. Then, I was scheduled for a round of interviews with a combination of managers, and other people whose roles interacted with the one for which I was interviewing. The process was quite thorough, and ended up revealing that they were looking for a trait in this hire that I have yet to develop. I'm disappointed not to have made the cut, but very much appreciate their dedication to finding the right person.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by Skype with some coding. Interviewers were unprofessional, they were late in starting the interview and seemed disinterested. They laughed at one of my answers and were generally rude.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fun -- brief phone interview question with a simple algo problem, long in person session with 4 people. Each session went approximately 45 minutes. One Q was standard whiteboarding; they really focus on problem solving which was really fun. Interviewers are really nice and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Logically design an elevator system.   1 Answer

Training Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zocdoc in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen, face to face with senior leaders, HR and recruiters. It was a marathon. They are reorganizing and are experiencing some rough growing pains. This is not insider information. They are retracting in markets all over the country which is smart but rough on those working there. They had just let go 12 recruiters! They still have 12 and they only have 600 staff members. That is just way too many people. I would have had to lead recruiting, Training and OD. I didn't get the job but I was a bit relieved not to have gotten it. I hope they are able to keep it together and still be in business in a few years. Oh and there was no chemistry with any of them so that's fine.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with really smart techy types who are also in sales?" asked by a guy who was former investment banker.   1 Answer

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Overall, the process was pretty seamless. The recruiter reached out for a 30 minute phone screen, followed by two 30 minute in person interviews. They give feedback within 48 hours which is impressive. I wish the recruiter focused more on the priorities of the role as it seems the interviewers really zoned in on one topic. The first interview went well and the second was nerve wrecking.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you'd like me to know about you outside of your resume?   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my cover letter/resume via online portal, and was contacted a few days after via email from one of their recruiting coordinators. I did a phone interview with a recruiting coordinator, then a Skype interview with one of the managers on the Operations team before deciding the role was not for me due to my experience level and salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for ZocDoc specifically?   Answer Question

People Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

It's short you only have 30 minutes per person. On one hand it's great how they value time management on the other hand they are missing out on getting to really know some good candidates. The in person interviews were skill assets & the recruiters phone screen interview was a cultural fit assessment.

Interview Questions

• What was a piece of criticism you received and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, then given a take-home technical assignment. After that is a technical Skype interview. The on-site comes after, but I wasn't able to pass the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that, given an integer, will return it as an array. E.g., given 1234, return [1, 2, 3, 4].   2 Answers

SOA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with internal recruiter then I came into the office for an interview with 3 managers. The recruiter was great in preparing me for the interview, but they didn't ask any of the questions he asked. After being in the office for 2 hours, I found out that they did not select me for the position. Then they had audacity to ask me to complete a survey about the interview process. I have 4 years of sales experience and was interviewing me for an entry level 30K roll. Don't waste your time