Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.8

People Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter ; very quick follow up and subsequent phone screen with HR Leadership. About a week later an in-person meeting with the HR team.

Recruiter followed up a few days post in-person meeting informing me they were working on this role; about a week post he connected again to inform they were not moving forward with my candidacy.

Recruitment was very responsive and kept me in the loop during the entire process.

Best of luck to ZocDoc

New York Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for the payroll administrator position. You will be interviewed by 4 people (30 min each) they don't really ask questions (awkward) .They are mostly quite. The interview with finance was the best! You must know how to do pivot tables, v-look ups and concatenate. Easy piece! Don't waste too much time talking with them, and try to be brief and start the test. Good luck!
    The person in charge of the payroll who interviewed back on June of 2017 was the worse. She is aggressive and rude. She will pull her little list of questions she took from the internet, and will start asking you questions that are abusive and that will make you feel that you don't want to work with her or zocdoc. HR SHOULD BE THERE WHEN SHE IS INTERVIEWING CANDIDATES.
    I had the interview back on June. They stopped looking, and now they are back to the game looking to hire a new payroll admin.

So that was my experience with ZOCDOC...the end!

Interview Questions

• If you know that your boss is wrong, what would do to make her change her mind and do the right thing?   1 Answer

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Pune (India)).

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I have ever had. They asked me to travel to their office which is about 22 kms away just to fill a form and answer questions like-"what's your hobby?" Really u wanna discuss this after I travelled for such a long distance. There was no 5echnical interview and they just sent me a ridiculous email saying rejected. This was hilarious well. Hr's in India need to improve their skills and stop acting stupid.

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple of days later. We scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was common questions about my job experience and challenges etc. After the phone interview they ask you if you would be willing to come to the office for an in person interview. I did that the following day. Be prepared to be interviewed by three people 30 mins each. First interview was ok, similar to the phone conversation. Second interview was more about organization skills and growth. Third one was role play and some coaching. Overall, I thought I did pretty well and I was surprised when I got an email a couple days later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most hectic day and how you handled it   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

As usual, phone then onsite.

Very easy algo questions.

Then mostly yada, yada hypothetical design questions.

They keep mention trust and doing good work for society.

Couple days after HR calls, and says you did good and they will prepare an offer.
    So you stop interviewing/applying with other companies, thinking i would rather do something good for society, even if pay is low.

Week after HR calls and says there is no offer. So all that talk about trust is meaningless.

Data Operations Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune City (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Pune City (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Asked to come for a face to face interview after applying online within 2 days. First they ask to fill a form ( general information and questions like describe yourself, 3 greatest achievements) followed by a very easy aptitude test. After that HR round and technical round. The process is complete within 2 to 3 hours.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

One hour skype coding session followed by three hour onsite. Their office space looks like a crowded second tier rundown frat house. Most people there looked pretty miserable which reflects the glassdoor 65% recommend-to-a-friend number. The recruiter was nice to work with, however.

Interview Questions

• Phone: count exact and inexact matches of two strings.   Answer Question
    • Find degree of separation between two actors where the data is stored in two maps (actor->movies and movie->actors)   Answer Question
    • System design a website of your choosing.   Answer Question
    • OOD file system   Answer Question

Photo Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview was pleasant, and more on the casual side, and it went relatively long due to our conversation (about an hour). They didn't ask many technical questions about the job requirements.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

1 round Skype screen interview, 4 round onsite interview (1 hr /each). Applied online, good experience for phone screen interview, not push. HR mentioned that onsite interview takes 4 hours and began at 10, but what he or she did not mentioned is that there is no lunch time for you between the first two rounds and last two rounds, which means that you have to interview for 4 hours without having a lunch. Most of the company will allow the interviewer to have lunch and continue the interview process after that, but it seems really different in zocdoc hiring process. And it did not notify the candidate about that.

Interview Questions

• 1. Two string , find letters are exact match or iexact match(Same position exact match, different pos iexact match)
      2. Find common friend of different actress. Friend means that staring at the same movie.
      3. Design bowling alley
      4. Design facebook profile and new feed feather.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

2 or 3 executive assistants interviewed me on the first round. I feel like they wanted to hire someone that would get along with difficult people. They kept asking " how would you handle a difficult situation like this". In the end i didn't get the job but i'm glad i didn't because the girls interviewing me looked stressed.