Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Training Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zocdoc in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen, face to face with senior leaders, HR and recruiters. It was a marathon. They are reorganizing and are experiencing some rough growing pains. This is not insider information. They are retracting in markets all over the country which is smart but rough on those working there. They had just let go 12 recruiters! They still have 12 and they only have 600 staff members. That is just way too many people. I would have had to lead recruiting, Training and OD. I didn't get the job but I was a bit relieved not to have gotten it. I hope they are able to keep it together and still be in business in a few years. Oh and there was no chemistry with any of them so that's fine.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with really smart techy types who are also in sales?" asked by a guy who was former investment banker.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR quickly after submitting online. A friend suggested I apply. The HR was polite and enthusiastic about the whole thing. She also asked me basic tech question. Second phone call /skype interview with two developers - This is where is all went south.
    They asked me a question - I gave the most optimal solution . But they had something specific in mind about how the question should be answered so they can use the tricks they learnt about the question. So they made me do a not so optimal brute force and then optimize it in a way they probably knew how to. Why not just change the question if the guy gave the most optimal answer? not sure what it tells about their company/developer skills.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter and scheduled a second call after I had some additional questions. I did one interview at the officeI met five different people and a final Skype interview the next day. The recruiter, coordinator, and hiring manager were all quick to respond to me and really helpful with answering my questions. Everyone was friendly and made me excited to join a team that seemed to work so well together.

Interview Questions

• What is a piece of feedback you have gotten from your current manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the website and the recruiter called me right after. I had a discussion with him, then took a personality assessment, afterwards was invited to come in to speak to the two managers and an inside sales executive. A few days after I was invited again to meet with the inside sales manager for a mock cold call. Overall the process was very smooth, quick, and efficient. Shout out to Shaun the sales recruiter! Shaun was supremely helpful along the entire interview process. He was without a doubt supportive, transparent, and genuine. They extended me an offer, however I decided to move forward with another company. DON'T listen to any of the hateful comments of the interview process on here. That was all before the company went through a drastic change in hiring from bringing in a huge crowd of entry level people to now being more strategic and selective in their process. Great experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

This was a complete waste of time. They get back to you very quickly if you apply through their website to do the initial phone screen. Then they send you a sort of IQ test which is so stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with what you are interviewing for. Then I met in to meet with my recruiter who showed me around the office-which is a dump and reminded me of a college cafeteria/dorm (really Zocdoc? Your office is in Soho you should probably make it look nicer.) I met with 3 managers who all had no personality and talked about the position like it was the best thing ever which, lets be honest, is really a position of a glorified telemarketer. As soon as I left the interview I knew I didn't want to work there which is fine because I didn't get an offer even though I know without a doubt I was overqualified for the position. Zocdoc is stupid and so is your logo. (And no I am not bitter about not getting this job, I got a much better job which is paying me way more than Zocdoc would have.)

Interview Questions

• Why Zocdoc? Why sales? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Provider Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Long and terrible.
    Terrible terrible terrible company. Do not bother. They are super nice and encouraging at first and act like you're going to get the job. Then they deny you in a terrible way. Don't even bother with them and get masked by their niceness. You can do much better. They take up so much of your time for nothing.

Interview Questions

• the same question over and over. When was a time you had a challenge in work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

INTERVIEW PROCESS
    I sent in an application directly from their website. Within 2 days, an internal senior sales recruiter gave me a call for a brief, 10-minute phone screen to get a sense for my interest in the role. At the end of that call, he explained that HR would send me a pre-hiring screening online test in two parts: the first testing logic/quantitative skill, and the other being a personality test.

I completed the test that same day and the recruiter actually called me later that day to set up the first set of in-person interviews at their offices, with two sales managers who had also started from the Sales Origination Associate (SOA) role.

The next and final set of interviews was with two senior sales managers, each taking around 30 minutes.

After that interview, it took another two days before I heard back from the recruiter: that in this case the managers decided to go with someone else, with their primary concern being that my longer-term focus was not necessarily on a longer-term career in Sales at the company but making an impact in communications at a company doing important work in health tech (when responding to the question, "where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?")

OTHER INFO
    The recruiter I worked with was professional, honest, knowledgeable, and helpful: before each interview he told me who I'd be meeting with and also what they'd be looking for. I worked with Jason K, senior recruiter.

Having seen a bunch of earlier, negative Glassdoor reviews about the interview process, it was good to see that the company had re-organized and restructured its team to focus on selling in as ethical and mutually-beneficial way as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews, first talked with recruiter.
    - Met with 2 sales execs, 2 separate 30 min interview
    - Met with Account Executive, 1 hour
    - Skyped with senior sales manager for 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, and they want you to have relevant examples.

Ex) Tell me about the best constructive criticism you've ever received?
      1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Call with their internal recruiter who was trying to classify me to see which job I'd be best for. Not so great part is that they make you feel like there's a gazillion other candidates (which is probably gonna be the case), so they pushed my call out by another 30 mins, then was 5-10 minutes late to the call. It's great that you've attracted a lot of candidates, but I think it's not a great hiring process to be disrespectful to potential candidates... not a way to attract top talent.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences working with big databases?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by their technical recruiter through Indeed for a quick 15 minute phone call. The call was scheduled without a problem but he really emphasized how quick the phone call would be several times which I thought was odd. While he was pitching the company he mentioned that they were going to grow 10x this year (although during the call he alluded to the fact that 2 months into the year they were not on track to meet that goal). When I asked what metric they were looking to grow 10x (number of users, apts scheduled, drs on board, etc) the recruiter could not answer which I also thought was strange. He ended up writing me after saying I was not a great fit for this stage in their growth which was ironic since he seemed to not even know what they wanted to grow. He also could have gotten that information had he read my resume and not just skimmed for some buzz words since my experience is very clearly with early-stage startups.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you've built from concept to final product.   Answer Question