Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Went to school's career fair, met engineers there and then got an onsite interview. Two rounds.

1. The first round was mainly about project on resume and general questions. Then white board about SQL JOIN, not hard but need to think for a while. Something about the doctor appointment history data. The guy was nice. We had a great talk and he gave me his business card.

2. The second was tough, in that the interviewer was rude: he was late, seemed to be drunk, his eyes were red and he was coughing for several times. First talked about my projects, and start whiteboard even I hadn't finished my answer. Asked me to design a cache system. When I was writing down my solutions, he was always looking at his phone. I don't know if this was because I didn't answer his question well or not. But all in all, seemed to be no friendly.

The working environment is noisy, BTW. The next day got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Design a cache system for a stock platform, GetPrice(string ticket), given a ticket, i.e. company’s name, return the cached price within 15 mins   Answer Question

Director of Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall process took about 2-3 weeks

Applied online
    45 mins - Phone interview with a recruiter, very junior, bad connection (rule of thumb, never use a cell phone unless you can guarantee your candidate has perfect reception), sounded more like a 'headhunter' vs. an actual recruiter from the company. Recommended for a phone interview with VP of department.

45 mins - Phone interview with VP of department, professional, experienced and has a positive outlook for the company. We shared some common interests and views on how HR can partner with the organizational structure, as the company matures.

2.5 hrs - Invited for an onsite interview, 3 rounds [Director, People & Culture (not really HR - still trying to figure out what the structure is, separate from recruiting ops), Director, Data Science (big for start up these days), 4 Team Leads - all in recruiting operations). I have to say, the structure of the interview was good; however the interview itself was not what you would call a typical interview. The data science interview was not needed, I understand his role was supporting 'technical recruiting', however my role was not targeted for technical recruitment. I believe they already have the bench strength to cover that need. It felt more like they are looking for the "cultural" fit for the role. Also at the end of interview, I realized the 'recruiting' function operates like an agency with quotas, sales call, hard sell, and worse of all - they are not trained to be real recruiters; was worry about sustainability if this company keeps growing - it won't mature out of the 'start up' infancy and talents will continue to leave.

I also realized - there was a potential 15-20 year age gap and this company may not be ready for corporate structuring. They are seriously in need of a climate assessment - it doesn't seem like they know the direction of the organization in the next 5 years. I had fun at the interview and wish them luck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Generally friendly interview, brief phone screen and then on-site. Phone screen was on the computer. On-site was with four interviewers, including the hiring manager. Office was a very startup-y vibe, in a good location.

Interview Questions

• Design a twitter style application. Got more complex with geo-distribution and such.   Answer Question

Patient Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I only had the initial phone call with a recruiter. She did not seem very excited to speak with me and kept interrupting me while I was answering her questions. Questions mainly revolved around how many people I had managed in the past which spanned from 4-120. So I had to explain those instances. She also wanted me to walk her through my resume - which was not very realistic given that I have over 10 years of experience and we were already half way into a 20 minute phone call. I don't like to give short answers and leave out details, but it seems as though that's what she would have preferred.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a technical recruiter who asked a simple technical question about an array. I got through and the next round was a skype interview - The interviewer was polite and ensured that I had understood the question well. The interview was ok. I got an email in a few days about the candidacy moving forward. The onsite interview was scheduled in a week and the interview lasted about 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked 2 coding questions - one was an application of binary search and the second was an application of graph traversal. The second and third interviews were 100% design questions. The last interview with the director had only coding questions. I felt like I had done the coding questions really well. Got an email in 4 days after the final interview that they werent making the offer. The interviewers expressed their love for the job and seems like a nice place to work.   Answer Question

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief tour of the office space. It serves as a technique to calm the interviewee down, but it can backfire with all that's going on and the employees looking miserable. The interview itself was ok. I was interviewed by 2 senior members of the sales team. The first one was not nice and slightly unprofessional, second interviewer was better. Then you take a personality test on the computer. Overall I got a frat like atmosphere from the place.

Interview Questions

• They might ask you to do a role play where you are pretending to set an appointment with a prospective Doctor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

2 skype interviews then onsite interview with 2 one-on-one interviews. Finally interviewed by founder through skype. Overall I had positive experiences. The people are nice and easy to talk with. Recruiter are helpful and give useful feedback. What a pity that I don't got the offer but still like this company!

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The first red flag was the recruiter. To put it plainly he is an idot. Some how he had a resume of mine that was over three years old. One of the "sales managers" I interviewed with wasn't too bright. I asked a simple question and he looked at me like I was speaking another language. However the second Manger she was really great. However, if the leadership is anything like recruiter or sales manager I wonder why there is a high turn over in the Sales department.

Patient Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

It didn't start well. The recruiter forgot about our phone interview so I called her. She obviously wasn't prepared but we had a good conversation. She recommended a different position and I got invited to the first round of in person interviews. In person was very casual. There were some obvious miscommunications but, again, we had a good conversation. I walked out feeling good about it. I got invited to the second round of in person interviews. They asked me to arrive 15 minutes early and I ended up waiting until they moved me to the interview room where I waited some more. Got interviewed by two separate guys who both seemed like they didn't want to be there. They mostly stared at their clipboards and tried not to yawn. They asked basic questions which I had already been asked several times. The last guy admitted that among the six different people who had interviewed me, none of them had communicated with each other. I got the feeling that a decision had been made before I got there. I wasn't too surprised by the rejection email but I was disappointed. Also, both times I went in they asked me to bring copies of my resume but said they didn't need them when I got there.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Everything was done over Skype. You'll have the initial convo with HR. Prepare to meet with two mangers at once. 3rd and final is with Sales director. Interview questions were simple..strengths, weakness, why you, why ZocDoc? Be prepared to give them your previous sale numbers. Overall they were very professional, especially the HR guy I delt with.