Zocdoc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.8

Patient Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I only had the initial phone call with a recruiter. She did not seem very excited to speak with me and kept interrupting me while I was answering her questions. Questions mainly revolved around how many people I had managed in the past which spanned from 4-120. So I had to explain those instances. She also wanted me to walk her through my resume - which was not very realistic given that I have over 10 years of experience and we were already half way into a 20 minute phone call. I don't like to give short answers and leave out details, but it seems as though that's what she would have preferred.

Interview Questions

• What is your salary requirement?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a technical recruiter who asked a simple technical question about an array. I got through and the next round was a skype interview - The interviewer was polite and ensured that I had understood the question well. The interview was ok. I got an email in a few days about the candidacy moving forward. The onsite interview was scheduled in a week and the interview lasted about 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked 2 coding questions - one was an application of binary search and the second was an application of graph traversal. The second and third interviews were 100% design questions. The last interview with the director had only coding questions. I felt like I had done the coding questions really well. Got an email in 4 days after the final interview that they werent making the offer. The interviewers expressed their love for the job and seems like a nice place to work.   Answer Question

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief tour of the office space. It serves as a technique to calm the interviewee down, but it can backfire with all that's going on and the employees looking miserable. The interview itself was ok. I was interviewed by 2 senior members of the sales team. The first one was not nice and slightly unprofessional, second interviewer was better. Then you take a personality test on the computer. Overall I got a frat like atmosphere from the place.

Interview Questions

• They might ask you to do a role play where you are pretending to set an appointment with a prospective Doctor.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

2 skype interviews then onsite interview with 2 one-on-one interviews. Finally interviewed by founder through skype. Overall I had positive experiences. The people are nice and easy to talk with. Recruiter are helpful and give useful feedback. What a pity that I don't got the offer but still like this company!

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The first red flag was the recruiter. To put it plainly he is an idot. Some how he had a resume of mine that was over three years old. One of the "sales managers" I interviewed with wasn't too bright. I asked a simple question and he looked at me like I was speaking another language. However the second Manger she was really great. However, if the leadership is anything like recruiter or sales manager I wonder why there is a high turn over in the Sales department.

Patient Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

It didn't start well. The recruiter forgot about our phone interview so I called her. She obviously wasn't prepared but we had a good conversation. She recommended a different position and I got invited to the first round of in person interviews. In person was very casual. There were some obvious miscommunications but, again, we had a good conversation. I walked out feeling good about it. I got invited to the second round of in person interviews. They asked me to arrive 15 minutes early and I ended up waiting until they moved me to the interview room where I waited some more. Got interviewed by two separate guys who both seemed like they didn't want to be there. They mostly stared at their clipboards and tried not to yawn. They asked basic questions which I had already been asked several times. The last guy admitted that among the six different people who had interviewed me, none of them had communicated with each other. I got the feeling that a decision had been made before I got there. I wasn't too surprised by the rejection email but I was disappointed. Also, both times I went in they asked me to bring copies of my resume but said they didn't need them when I got there.

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Everything was done over Skype. You'll have the initial convo with HR. Prepare to meet with two mangers at once. 3rd and final is with Sales director. Interview questions were simple..strengths, weakness, why you, why ZocDoc? Be prepared to give them your previous sale numbers. Overall they were very professional, especially the HR guy I delt with.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

1) Applied through Indeed prime. Recruiter emailed and set up initial introduction call.He informed about company, what business they are into and explained interview process.
    2) Two Skype interviews
    3) Three onsite interviews at New York

Overall positive experience. There are lot of enthusiastic people out there. They are very passionate about they work. All work out there is in .net. If you are not big fan of .net, you wouldn't like over there. It is true that the office is very small and wooden floor makes lot of noise.They lack number of restrooms and meeting rooms.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Interview 1 - Remove duplicates form an array
      Telephonic Interview 2 - Find if all elements from an array of strings exists in another array of strings
      Onsite Interview 1 - Binary search with tweak of finding first occurrence and last occurrence
      Onsite Interview 2 - Design battleship game
      Onsite Interview 3 - Some probability related question. Design a dice rolling algorithm in a way that 6 comes half of the time. Follow up question: If there are 3 items, A with weight 10, B with 10 and C with 5. Design an algorithm which returns one of the item from the list with probability equal to item weight. For example, If I call the algorithm 25 times, it should return A and B item 10 times and C 5 times. Interviewer wanted the solution in O(log n) time compexity
      Answer Question

Photo Operations Manager Interview

Interview

I'm quite certain that they do not know what they are looking for in terms of a Photo Operations Manager or anything that involves photo. The individuals part of the Photo Operations team are right out of college and know nothing about how the photo industry works, let alone how to run a proper shoot. I met the VP of Operations on one of the three in person interviews I've had, and she's just a joke. She looked like she just woke up and didn't have a care in the world about what I was saying. This company needs to stop hiring unexperienced people to run this ship, because it's going to sink...

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Their recruiter found me from linkedin and then scheduled the initial discussion around 30 mins. During the phone call, recruiter gave me a pretty good introduction about the company and position, and also asked me a technical question to bite if I met their bar or not. (which is rare to see) And then second round is 50 mins skype call. It was all about data structure and algos. After that, I was brought onsite for 4 hours with 4 loops of interviews. The interviews are all engineers and very technical. Do expect a lot of white board coding and design quiz. Finally, a director came in and done with the final round.