Zocdoc Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Operations Associate Interview Questions

2.9

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc in June 2013.

Interview

Submitted my cover letter/resume via online portal, and was contacted a few days after via email from one of their recruiting coordinators. I did a phone interview with a recruiting coordinator, then a Skype interview with one of the managers on the Operations team before deciding the role was not for me due to my experience level and salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for ZocDoc specifically?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter from New York. The interview was a very personable experience, went really well and lasted about 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for an in person interview the following week and was told the interview would last between 1 1/2-2 hours. I interviewed with two people, one who was at the NY office, in which I had to interview with over Skype. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes. I was told that I would hear back within 24-48 hours, however, I haven't received correspondence back from the company.

Interview Questions

• If it came down to choosing between two identical companies to work for, what would be the deciding factor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, in person interview with about 5 employees, final was a Skype interview with a manager.

Mostly asking questions about past experiences and why you believe you would be a good fit!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some experiences have had with different service departments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn, shortly after responding we set up an informative phone call, next I had an in-person interview where I spoke with 1 person over Skype (in the NYC, NY office) and 2 people in person (in the Scottsdale, AZ office for which I was applying). Everyone I spoke with was really great until the last person I met with. He was very awkward and made me feel incapable. His questions were frustrating and made the experience unpleasant. All 3 of the other people I spoke with were wonderful and easy to communicate with. They contacted me via email a few days later saying I didn't get the job.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

About 5 minutes before the phone interview, I received an email stating that interview would need to be rescheduled. I told the recruiter that this was fine and confirmed a time. Waited 11 days. Recruiter finally responded saying he was out of town and wanted to reschedule. Unimpressed with the way things went, I passed.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard, although I get the idea they interview candidates all day every day and basically read questions from a sheet the whole time vs. being conversational. I also felt like many of the interview questions were asked in a negative way to trick people into saying something bad about themselves.

I interviewed during lunch time and was put in a tiny room next to the cafeteria which was very loud and distracting. I also sat in the room by myself for up to 20 minutes between the 3 people with whom I spoke. One of those people was over Skype which I felt didn't give me the best chance to make an impression. Most people I spoke to were very young and it seemed like they were promoted quickly within the company without having a lot of experience.

The next day I got an automated email saying I did not get the job. I liked the recruiter I worked with who reached out to me about other opportunities afterwards, but overall I would say the hiring process there is impersonal and unsophisticated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to to the ridiculous application cover letter (6th grade analytical writing exercise) I received an email to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was nice didn't ask hard questions at all mainly customer service focused. Then I was scheduled for an inperson interview. This is where it went down hill for me. Receptionist was rude and it had a real soho (ironically it's in soho) feel to it (Pretentious trust fund kids type of environment). Finally I was escorted to a walk in closet where I was to conduct a Skype interview. (Not a fan) the person I spoke to did not look professional. Looked like he belonged at Union square park. While I spoke he was clicking away on another computer I assume. He asked certain technical questions about my previous job that I couldn't disclose due to Non-disclosure agreement I was held by. After his attempt a few time i gave him false info to shut him up. Apparently he didn't understand that even though he worked for a tech company as well. He asked really hard questions that I wouldn't expect at a Goldman Sachs interview. They had nothing to do with the position and were rather personal and I made up answers to keep it going. After they brought 2 other people to interview me one did not make eye contact at all. While the other was socially awkward and looked like the type who would sit in a corner at a social gathering. One of them mistook my volunteer experience for work experience meanwhile it stated clearly that I was a volunteer. I didn't want to make the person feel stupid and went along with it. Then they asked if I had any questions. I didnt because I had already asked them during the first interview. So I asked again so they wouldn't feel any less special. I was walked out by an emo who didn't know how to smile. Just because we are looking for work doesn't mean you treat us like cattle. I declined their offer and I'm currently working with a competitor that hasn't launched yet and it's a lot better enviroment. Their loss now I'll put my skills to work with the competition. I never a heard a response back not that I care but I feel like its a slap in the face when companies don't do it. They will regret it when their competition is public. ;) Tips if you still want to apply. Its a customer service job over the phone. Pretty much same as an American Express call center. BTW pay is anywhere between $40,000-$45,000 depending on your experience. Don't take anything less than $40k as they would be low balling you.

Interview Questions

• Why ZocDoc? Why should we hire you? Tell me a time you turned a bad experience into a good one? be careful as to create questions for them. Don't give them material thats their job. Asked me technical questions about my last job that I couldn't answer due to a NDA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I met with a lot of people. It started with a phone screeing, then in person with about 6 different people, and I eventually did a phone interview with the CEO. It was a challenge to remember everyone's name, but I did. That's important.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to reverse interview our Sales Director at the time and then report back with 3 key characteristics about him.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and was very excited about possibly working for this company. I interview over the phone with the recruiter and he said I would be an excellent fit for the position.

From there, I had an in person interview that consisted of two individual interviews with a team lead and a manager. I felt that I connected well with both of them. I was disappointed to find out that I did not get the position. I received a template email saying that I did not receive an offer. I would have liked to have more feedback and specificity as to why I did not get the position.

I still think this is an excellent company and will keep them on my radar for future career options.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you do outside of work that causes you to lose track of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Horrible experience. I was greeted by a horribly unfriendly girl, who barely said anything to me when she walked me to closet that I was put into. The room was so dirty. There was leftover food and wrappers left in the room, and the first interviewer didn't even acknowledge the disgusting trash. He was perfectly nice, didn't know a lot and I didn't really ask him anything substantive because I didn't want to embarrass him if he didn't know the answer. The second interviewer finally said something about the garbage and threw it away, and was also very pleasant. The third interview, however, was the worst interview I have ever experienced. I have a lot of customer service experience - I worked at a top customer-oriented clothing company that is recognized for its customer service, and he made me feel like I was useless. He was disengaged, and an absolute tool. He asked me which interviewer was tougher and when I said that they both asked good questions, he demanded that I tell him. Then, he laughed in my face when I asked him a question about their competitors and wouldn't answer it. After the interview, I told myself that I would never accept an offer there, even if they extended. Surprise, surprise, no offer, and I eventually got a job at a much better tech company in NYC. This place is a sweatshop disguised as sexy tech startup in the heart of Soho.