Zocdoc Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Operations Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

First did a all with HR who was a nice guy and seemed to root for me to get the role. However the intereview process sucked. Several interviewers, ranging from aggressive to disinterested. Interviewer would ask you the same question several times over and somehow expect you not to repeat yourself.

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

A tad bit unconventional to be bluntly honest and a disappointing process. The process proceeded from an overview conversation of the position over the phone that likely served as an initial filtering process. Greeted by some office security guy at a folding table with a pile of name tag to stick on candidates that would ask for name and notify the front desk about 20 feet away. From there would lead to an in office where you would spend approximately an hour on two 30 min Skype interviews followed by a 30 min 1 on 1 interview. The room for the interview can be best described as a closet where you peer out a door that gives you the feeling of waiting in a cubical sized doctor's office waiting room. Questions were not as expected and didn't appear to be very relevant to doing the job and your actual experience and skills. Questions tended to focus on what did you do at prior job(s) rather than "what can you do" and "how would/have you handled XYZ" as examples of what was expected. Very much a tangent from the normal behavioral interviews of most businesses these days. From there it ended with a walk back to front desk and told 2-3 days for a review as followup. Rejection email was very vanilla and ironically followed by a survey by email hours later to rate the candidate experience. As one with 7+ years of customer service and technical support experience, this outcome left myself puzzled, and pondering what exactly are they looking for in this role, a feeling others have similarly commented as well here.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, followed by three 30 minute in person/skype interviews at the office. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly and easy to talk to. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process. Leading up to the interview I was told multiple times how important it was to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about challenges you have at our current job.
      Tell me about the best gift you have given someone.
      How do I know this is a long term commitment for you.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

A friend referred me, I then got an email from a recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview. The interview was pretty neutral, just told me about the job and asked why I wanted to work there

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter from New York. The interview was a very personable experience, went really well and lasted about 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for an in person interview the following week and was told the interview would last between 1 1/2-2 hours. I interviewed with two people, one who was at the NY office, in which I had to interview with over Skype. Both interviews lasted about 30 minutes. I was told that I would hear back within 24-48 hours, however, I haven't received correspondence back from the company.

Interview Questions

• If it came down to choosing between two identical companies to work for, what would be the deciding factor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Horrible experience. I was greeted by a horribly unfriendly girl, who barely said anything to me when she walked me to closet that I was put into. The room was so dirty. There was leftover food and wrappers left in the room, and the first interviewer didn't even acknowledge the disgusting trash. He was perfectly nice, didn't know a lot and I didn't really ask him anything substantive because I didn't want to embarrass him if he didn't know the answer. The second interviewer finally said something about the garbage and threw it away, and was also very pleasant. The third interview, however, was the worst interview I have ever experienced. I have a lot of customer service experience - I worked at a top customer-oriented clothing company that is recognized for its customer service, and he made me feel like I was useless. He was disengaged, and an absolute tool. He asked me which interviewer was tougher and when I said that they both asked good questions, he demanded that I tell him. Then, he laughed in my face when I asked him a question about their competitors and wouldn't answer it. After the interview, I told myself that I would never accept an offer there, even if they extended. Surprise, surprise, no offer, and I eventually got a job at a much better tech company in NYC. This place is a sweatshop disguised as sexy tech startup in the heart of Soho.

Interview Questions

• Why wasn't your GPA a 4.0?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a job fair and was very excited about possibly working for this company. I interview over the phone with the recruiter and he said I would be an excellent fit for the position.

From there, I had an in person interview that consisted of two individual interviews with a team lead and a manager. I felt that I connected well with both of them. I was disappointed to find out that I did not get the position. I received a template email saying that I did not receive an offer. I would have liked to have more feedback and specificity as to why I did not get the position.

I still think this is an excellent company and will keep them on my radar for future career options.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you do outside of work that causes you to lose track of time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying to to the ridiculous application cover letter (6th grade analytical writing exercise) I received an email to set up a phone interview. Recruiter was nice didn't ask hard questions at all mainly customer service focused. Then I was scheduled for an inperson interview. This is where it went down hill for me. Receptionist was rude and it had a real soho (ironically it's in soho) feel to it (Pretentious trust fund kids type of environment). Finally I was escorted to a walk in closet where I was to conduct a Skype interview. (Not a fan) the person I spoke to did not look professional. Looked like he belonged at Union square park. While I spoke he was clicking away on another computer I assume. He asked certain technical questions about my previous job that I couldn't disclose due to Non-disclosure agreement I was held by. After his attempt a few time i gave him false info to shut him up. Apparently he didn't understand that even though he worked for a tech company as well. He asked really hard questions that I wouldn't expect at a Goldman Sachs interview. They had nothing to do with the position and were rather personal and I made up answers to keep it going. After they brought 2 other people to interview me one did not make eye contact at all. While the other was socially awkward and looked like the type who would sit in a corner at a social gathering. One of them mistook my volunteer experience for work experience meanwhile it stated clearly that I was a volunteer. I didn't want to make the person feel stupid and went along with it. Then they asked if I had any questions. I didnt because I had already asked them during the first interview. So I asked again so they wouldn't feel any less special. I was walked out by an emo who didn't know how to smile. Just because we are looking for work doesn't mean you treat us like cattle. I declined their offer and I'm currently working with a competitor that hasn't launched yet and it's a lot better enviroment. Their loss now I'll put my skills to work with the competition. I never a heard a response back not that I care but I feel like its a slap in the face when companies don't do it. They will regret it when their competition is public. ;) Tips if you still want to apply. Its a customer service job over the phone. Pretty much same as an American Express call center. BTW pay is anywhere between $40,000-$45,000 depending on your experience. Don't take anything less than $40k as they would be low balling you.

Interview Questions

• Why ZocDoc? Why should we hire you? Tell me a time you turned a bad experience into a good one? be careful as to create questions for them. Don't give them material thats their job. Asked me technical questions about my last job that I couldn't answer due to a NDA.   Answer Question

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

About 5 minutes before the phone interview, I received an email stating that interview would need to be rescheduled. I told the recruiter that this was fine and confirmed a time. Waited 11 days. Recruiter finally responded saying he was out of town and wanted to reschedule. Unimpressed with the way things went, I passed.

Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard, although I get the idea they interview candidates all day every day and basically read questions from a sheet the whole time vs. being conversational. I also felt like many of the interview questions were asked in a negative way to trick people into saying something bad about themselves.

I interviewed during lunch time and was put in a tiny room next to the cafeteria which was very loud and distracting. I also sat in the room by myself for up to 20 minutes between the 3 people with whom I spoke. One of those people was over Skype which I felt didn't give me the best chance to make an impression. Most people I spoke to were very young and it seemed like they were promoted quickly within the company without having a lot of experience.

The next day I got an automated email saying I did not get the job. I liked the recruiter I worked with who reached out to me about other opportunities afterwards, but overall I would say the hiring process there is impersonal and unsophisticated.