Zocdoc Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Operations Manager Interview Questions

4.0

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Did a number of interviews (~8) in phone with HR and in person - spoke with people from all functions in their NY office. Enjoyed good discussion on how the company is changing the face of healthcare.

Interview Questions

• How would we break into a new market?   1 Answer
  • What is the biggest threat to ZocDoc's success?   1 Answer

Great company - strong management team, awesome location, and good people. However, salary was too low, and their current estimated valuation is too high, reducing the upside potential. I didn't feel the options they offered compensated came close to meeting the differential since the terms were unfavorable and value was too low.

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

I contacted the ZocDoc's CEO through a common acquaintance and immediately got access to him for consideration on a couple of roles. Was fairly informal over the phone as we discussed several potential options that met the company's needs, and I was then asked to speak with HR a day or two later. HR interview was mostly around fit and culture, which led to an in-person session including the CEO, Operations, Sales, and IT about one week afterwards. I really enjoyed the interviews, which felt more like discussions on strategy and tactics; clearly the ZocDoc team is very smart and highly focused on building a new model and culture for healthcare service companies.

I was given a few days to make a valuation pitch for another company with a similar business model but different industry. It was an open ended assignment, but I suspect it was primarily to see how well I think, communicate, and remain professional through a time crunched process. I was told several times in the process that CEO values intelligence and capability more than raw experience.

A few days later, came back in person for another round of interviews, which resulted in an offer.

Interview Questions

• Should ZocDoc expand overseas?
      What are the biggest risks for ZocDoc's growth?
      What might be the enterprise sales model?
      Answer Question

ZocDoc is an exceptional company with a very forward thinking management team. Their offer would have been very fair for a fresh top-tier MBA graduate (I was a few years out). Much of the compensation upside is likely based on options, future option grants, vesting cycle, and valuation increase. Being a private company, this latter information is not easy to discern, but I do believe the company is headed for strong growth.

Nonetheless, declining the offer was not an easy choice, but one I made for personal and financial reasons given my unique opportunity costs.