Zocdoc Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Zocdoc Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Interviews at Zocdoc

2.8

Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview was very smooth and everyone was really nice! I got a tour of the office and met a bunch of different groups of employees. I heard back and got an offer that night!

Interview Questions

• Describe your level of attention to details and provide examples   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Before interviewing with Zocdoc, I had mix feelings as I read negative reviews on glassdoor but still value what they are doing as a company. Here is my candidate experience for the recruiting coordinator role. They are very friendly in their emails, but extremely slow in reply. I felt like I was treated as a back up to fill the role. First was a phone interview, the conversation went smoothly. They got back in more than 1 week, scheduled in-person a week after. Before the interview, they sent out an exercise for you to complete. Then a 2-3 hour in-person interview. First person showed me around the office. As I was commenting how nice the office is, she immediately said "unfortunately we can't invite anyone back". That left me feeling odd..I mean they really don't have to do this to show how popular they are..and honestly, is that even appropriate to say to your candidate??? I have been working in recruiting in high profile companies and their recruiters were extremely humble and treated everyone as he/she was valued. With this type of snobbish attitude, how could you get people to like you? Ironically, they prized themselves as humble. To me that's just a lie. Here comes my experience for their in-person interview-- I don't think they want to get to know me as a person for this particular role, but just need someone to do the work. They tried though by asking "Tell me about yourself" but it didn't feel sincere, and they don't even bother to carry a conversation with you but asking one behavioral question after another. The subtle thing I noticed is that some of them tried to act like they were open-minded and wanted to get to know you, but beneath it, they were very judgmental given their non-verbal cues and ways they looked at you. They didn't ask your knowledge of the company, as for me I prepared a ton of information and with no use of. Again, I was so excited for the interview but extremely disappointed with how they presented themselves. The recruiter even told me how important it is to be the face of the company, and to me I don't think they know what they are doing!! I really hope them to work on getting a realistic picture of their candidate experience and treated everyone equally. For those who are interviewing for this role, I suggest to really get ready to be bombarded with behavioral & potentially uncomfortable questions about your past for 2-3 hours.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I had a phone screen with the recruiter and scheduled a second call after I had some additional questions. I did one interview at the officeI met five different people and a final Skype interview the next day. The recruiter, coordinator, and hiring manager were all quick to respond to me and really helpful with answering my questions. Everyone was friendly and made me excited to join a team that seemed to work so well together.

Interview Questions

• What is a piece of feedback you have gotten from your current manager?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc in May 2015.

Interview

It was supposed to be the main, senior recruiter who initially reached out to me via email, who seemed friendly from his emails. Instead, I got two totally different guys because the main recruiter was sick; coincidentally, my interview was set for the day after Cinco de Mayo... The interview was strange, it was someone currently in the RC role for which I was interviewing and an actual Recruiter. They started the whole thing off very cold, not a whole lot of pleasantries. They jumped straight into telling me about themselves. This to me was just super bizarre. I have a recruiting background, and I would never, ever unless asked begin a call with a mini novel about myself. Perhaps the company I worked for, but not about myself. In addition, the whole call felt like a training call/practice for the one RC guy to potential move into an actual recruitment role. They both jumped around between who was asking questions, and it never once felt like my answers were being absorbed and weighed; it was almost as if they never mattered to begin with, which was very frustrating.

In addition to my comments below about their interview questions/methods, these two guys made absolutely no attempt to connect with me. None! They solely wanted to get off the phone. As mentioned before, the whole call was very strange. That's my word for it. I read up so much on ZocDoc that I could not wait to talk to this recruiter because I truly wanted to work for this company! I still think what ZocDoc is doing is phenomenal, but for a company so young that parades the "culture, culture, culture" card, they are doing rather poorly in whose hands they're putting this task.

Interview Questions

• -I've already done the full, 360 recruitment role, so this would not have been a step forwards for me career-wise, but I applied fully knowing this willing/wanting to do what the role entailed, so when I got asked "why would you want to take a step backwards?" or "are you sure you want to be doing this dirty work?"... I get it, you're qualifying me, but I'm not an idiot. It just further reiterated to me that they had already decided on my candidacy before even talking to me. (This is the perfect description of a dumb recruiter).

-How do you stay organized?
      -How do you prioritize your time?

-The two guys I talked to, and especially the one RC practicing, did not know how to ask questions appropriately to get concrete, solid answers. This comes with practice, so I understand, but do you see how easily/quickly I phrased these questions above? This is not how they were asked. They were asked in a wordy, lengthy manner and phrased in multiple, various ways to where I had to interpret what exactly they were trying to ask. This is super frustrating for any interviewee because then your questions do not make sense and confuse the person in which you're interviewing; hence, resulting in confusing, round-about answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via linked by them to come in and interview. At the time i was very happy at my job and did not respond, months later when that changed i reached out and was asked to come in the following week. Prior to my first interview i had a brief phone call that was easy. My first interview i met with 3 people, it ran a bit longer then expected but was good. I was told 3 business days later to come in for a meeting with 2 more people who were senior. I was asked the exact same questions from all of the people and it become monotonous. Regardless i stayed cheery and replied. The final 2 people were low energy and had a terrible vibe to begin with. After 5 business days i was told i did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult search (THIS WAS ASKED BY ALL 5 INTERVIEWERS)   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was first contacted via phone for an initial screening. They were extremely quick in communicating the next steps and moving me on to the next round for an in person interview. You are brought to a small room, and wait for your first interview. I had a total of 4 interviews and they all asked very similar questions. Before the interview even begins, they ask YOU to ask them any questions.

Interview Questions

• What's a common misconception people have about you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

I wasn't contacted until almost 3 months after submitting my application, when I was emailed and asked about my availability for a phone screening, which we did the following week. I was immediately asked to send my availability for an in-person interview and scheduled that for early the next week. After being told I would meet with 2 people in fairly quick succession, it ended up being 4 people; two back to back 30 minute interviews, each with 2 people. Everything ran like clockwork. The next day, I was contacted and asked to come in for a final interview with higher ups. Again, I ended up meeting with more people than expected - this time 4 instead of 3, and all individually. A lot of the questions were really repetitive by this point, and the last person I was set to meet ran almost 30 minutes late. I'm not sure why the same thing couldn't have been accomplished by a panel interview.

All in all, the questions weren't difficult. Especially after hearing the same questions a few times, I had my answers down pat. Everyone was very friendly and approachable, the scheduling process was easy, and I really appreciated how communicative everyone was throughout the process. I was never left hanging or wondering what the next step was or whether I was still being considered, and it was refreshing after a year of job searching and oftentimes never hearing anything at all after an interview.

Interview Questions

• What are three things you disliked about your last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A. Starting salary was non negotiable. I only negotiated start date based on leaving my current position.