Zocdoc Sales Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Sales Executive Interview Questions

2.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Recruiter blindly reached out on LinkedIn, they brought me in to meet with two managers. They told me they are interviewing 40 people for about 5 positions. Seems like a total interview mill.

Interview Questions

• What is something that many people think is true, but you don't think it is? ... Seemed like just a time filler, brain teaser.
    More boring interview questions that don't allow you to showcase your sales aptitude   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

It was quick and direct. Good management by the recruiters on the process. Managers I met with asked me the same questions. It was pretty easy. I think most people could pass this process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process is vert easy. The recruiters are not honest about support and what the position actually entails, but it is straightforward. They ask a few questions and that is it.

Interview Questions

• There was not a dfficult questions. They just want to know how you will evangelize their product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview process at the beginning was quite professional, from talking to the recruiter, as well as speaking to director of sales. However, the next 2 interviews were the complete opposite. I interviewed with 2 sales managers that were both completely disorganized and inexperienced at interviewing (I know this because I conduct interviews for the same field at other companies). While asking no relevant questions to the position and providing one word answers to my questions, both managers also appeared exhausted and annoyed that they were conducting the interview. I should also say that both were quite rude and condescending (outside of the normal "bad cop" interviewing process). I had one other interview later with another manager, which was more professional, however none of these managers know how or why they became managers, or what made them successful at sales - Best example "What is the most difficult part of this job for your reps?" - answer "Getting the decision maker on the phone" - um, have you ever had any experience with sales or aggressive cold calling? Getting the decision maker on the phone is in no way the hardest part of this job - and that answer clearly explains why none of these managers know what they are doing.

Interview Questions

• "how do you get past the gatekeeper?"

*most difficult because of how obvious that "obstacle" is -   1 Answer

After evaluating the organization of the interview process, especially the managers interviewing me, I realized that this would be a step back in my career development.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview started with a screening from a recruiter. Next, you have a interview with a sales manager. If that goes well, they fly you into the NY office to interview in person. Spend 3 hours interviewing a panel of managers, reps, and executives from various departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest sales achievement?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The recruiter and recruiting coordinator painted a lovely view of the company but the actual employees itself is something else to be said. I interviewed with three individuals. One was them was quite knowledgeable and really knew the vision and the growth of where the company was heading.

The other two, members of the Inside Sales team on the other hand, were listless individuals. They showed no passion in the company at all and was really there to just be "fillers" asking me asinine questions that really had nothing to do with my background. Kept firing at me questions that was straight out of a How to Interview 101 book and did nothing to try to understand the person they are interviewing. They also were a little intimidated by my questions (since I came from a sales background), answering them with what seemingly sounds like a scripted answer or blurb about ZocDoc. One of them, at times, looked like he was about to fall asleep on me and kept checking his watch every 30 seconds. If the rest of the sales team were anything like these two, then no thanks, this is a company I would not be proud to work for. I don't believe the two members I met particularly knew how to sell - they seemed incompetent at best and had no people skills.

Interview Questions

• Name something you would've changed in your behavior in your past position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Several phone and Skype interviews, 3 phone, Skype with local manager, Sr Recruiter, flown up to New York for 3 in-person interviews back to back. Came back to home city and did one more Skype interview with peer that had been at current employer and then received the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, it was set in stone for the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Very intense interview process. Phone Screen, Personality test, Skype interview, In-Person rounds in NYC for the day, Skype with regional manager, Skype with VP of Sales, Offer. It's really intense and fast-paced and you can get booted out of the process without explanation at any step. They're very picky about who they take and culture is one of the most important aspects of what they're looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted via phone by a very nice, but very young woman (this was her first job, one year out of college) in HR. We talked about my resume and she moved me on to the next round to be held over the phone with the company's most senior person. In the meantime, she emailed me an assessment to take prior to my second phone interview. I assumed it would be similar to other types of personality and job function type tests I've taken in the past, but it was not. The qualifications for being a Sales Rep for ZocDoc apparently include extensive knowledge of algebra, geometry, word problems relating to multiplication and fractions, as well as much more psycho-babble you'd expect to see on a test to become a commander of a nuclear submarine. It was ridiculous, and took well over two hours. Some of the questions were laughable, and my wife actually cracked up when the avatar on the screen would read them out. I focused hard and did well, though, so all that was left was the phone interview. The woman who interviewed me seemed extremely distracted and not in the least bit interested in talking to me. The first person was much better, but this one was not prepared at all. After telling me I scored well on the assessment, she basically asked questions similar to, "So, why do you want to work with ZocDoc?" Seriously? Most lame opening gambit ever, and so amateurish. I gamely did my best, though, and thought I peppered her with intelligent questions regarding the company's structure and how I would fit in. No dice, though. Got a form letter email a week later. So glad I spent all that time answering those personality questions. Now this company has this detailed profile on me as an individual, and I have nothing on them outside of what's online. Be careful.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process at ZocDoc consists on phone interviews, Skype interviews and in person interviews.
    I met with a total of 8 people which I thought was great. Be prepared to fly out to New York and meet with 4-5 people in one day. Be prepared and have fun.