Zocdoc Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Sales Interview Questions

3.2

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

I went through a series of phone calls with different people from ZocDoc. The first seemed to be a pre-emptive scan to see if I was the type of candidate they were looking for personality-wise. Then, I had a skype session with a different person. During that skype interview, it was much more focused on my resume and expanding upon that. I was asked to provide a lot of extra details and information and relevant stories from my resume. After that, I was asked to attend an in-person meeting with the CEO in NYC; however, I was out of state and out of country for a while, so we were able to schedule just a skype interview, which was nice.

Interview Questions

I got another offer that was more in my field.

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Started with a screening call with their in-house recruiter, and then went very quickly to a meeting at their offices. At a very early stage I met with their co-founder. It was a very precise 30 minute interview that started right and ended right on time. Was interviewed in one of their "meeting rooms" at their offices. Was probably no bigger than a 6'x12' room with no windows and just enough room for 2 chairs and a white board.

Interview Questions

• Literally went through my resume chronologically - started with college (even asked me my GPA and I've been out of college for 10+ years!).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

five interviews for a telemarketer ya 5, by people who have zero sales experience. Phone interview by a recruiter who had no idea what i was talking about from a real estate background. Four face to face interviews by so called sales managers "HR people" who had no idea about any basic real estate sales experience i was explaining to them. I Ignored the other comments on this site befor heading in but the negative is all true. straight up boiler room call center. No one has worked here for more than two months managers, caller, or recruiters. Im going to use this job tho get another.

Interview Questions

• if you were fired six months from now why would that be. what a way to attract talent . wow wow   1 Answer
    • what do you expect of your managers?   2 Answers

Negotiation

they lie offer starts at 50k then every sub interview goes down by 10k eventually landing on 25k. so 50k, 40k, 30k, 25k plus commission of course

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Company does a phone screen, aggressively asking about past accomplishments and past earnings. You then do a 1 on 1 with the local manager who would be the day-to-day reporting manager for the role. If that goes well, which it does, they force you to take a 1.5 hour IQ/Skills/Personality Test. Once that is done they make you Skype interview with the director of sales and recruiting manager. They go over your background and you get grilled from the recruiting manager about everything on your CV. If that were to go well, you then get blessed with an in person panel interview.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc in November 2011.

Interview

Much like others here, I was contacted by a recruiter who told me I had a great resume and should consider working for ZocDoc. We talked for a few minutes, he sent me a personality test and set up phone interview for me. It happened fast. I spoke a few days later to a woman who asked me a lot of questions about my background and how much research I'd done on the company. She told me the outside sales job is tough but the opportunity is great, and all of my research kind of said the same thing. I went into interview and met 3 people, short interviews, each person asked me different things so it's clear they have "roles" - good cop, bad cop, young cop. i actually liked them all and was disappointed when I found out a few days later that I didn't get the job. Must not have been meant for me..

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in September 2011.

Interview

I got 2 calls from the recruiter before I called back because I was reluctant to interview after reading some reviews here. But I researched the company and didnt want to miss an opportunity. So I talked to the recruiter and she set me up with a personality test and Skype interview. I did a Skype with another recruiter and then got flown in for an in person interview. Met four people. Questions were tough - they really dug into the career choices I made and told me how tough the job would be. I left really wanting the job and I wonder if some of the people who left bad reviews on here are just upset they didn't get it. After I flew home I got an email saying they wanted me to meet the hiring manager in person in my city, so I did. Got an offer the next day. I think it's smart of them to be selective, it's a real strong team.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in March 2011.

Interview

Phone intereview w/ recruiter. One of the questions was, "did you make your quotas" I said that I did not have quotas and explained what I did, then followed up with an email immediately after the call.
     My last position was dir. of new business at a digital agency. I brought in a variety of clients, fortune 500 and medium to small companies. I had to develop prospective clients from scratch amd was responsible for all cold calling, introducing myself daily to new contacts. To develop leads from large companies is not an easy task due to privacy issues. Decision makers change jobs quite frequently. Doctors, dentists and health care professionals hang their shingles on the door and are more accessible.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in March 2011.

Interview

I thought the interview process was rushed and smelled like desperation. To make things worse it seems that the HR personnel, regional manager, and sales director all had a chip on their shoulder and were very arrogant. Overall, I felt like these guys were a wanna be elite startup company. My advice would be to ask as many questions about the job as possible.

Interview Questions

Did not fit the culture.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was solid enough with HR, but the Sales Manager I spoke with wasn't impressive at all. He was not someone I would have worked for and am glad they decided not to move forward. My impression is his skills were lacking and he was very unprofessional during the interview. He spent more time talking about himself than anything.

Interview Questions

• The sales manager didn't really ask me any questions. He just talked about himself and then asked if I had questions. He was very poor at interviewing.   1 Answer