Zocdoc Sales Origination Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Sales Origination Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was easy and comprehensive. I initially applied on a Sunday, and was in contact with the Human Resources Director (Jason Koslow) by that Tuesday. Jason was professional, caring, and supportive. Following, I had multiple interviews with a range of employees at the company. Each of them had started at lower level positions and worked their way up over time. It was exciting to see how much individual growth opportunity Zocdoc offered employees. The interview questions were straight forward and fair. They were looking for honest answers; not to play games with you or trip you up. My interview experience game me a very positive outlook on the company and definitely influenced my decision to accept a position.

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Sat down with two different people. The first ask you about your resume and asked you basic interview questions, like what was your biggest accomplishments.. etc. The Second told you about the job you would be doing if you received the job. You would be thrown in cold calling and training right away. And than it ended with some role play.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the website and the recruiter called me right after. I had a discussion with him, then took a personality assessment, afterwards was invited to come in to speak to the two managers and an inside sales executive. A few days after I was invited again to meet with the inside sales manager for a mock cold call. Overall the process was very smooth, quick, and efficient. Shout out to Shaun the sales recruiter! Shaun was supremely helpful along the entire interview process. He was without a doubt supportive, transparent, and genuine. They extended me an offer, however I decided to move forward with another company. DON'T listen to any of the hateful comments of the interview process on here. That was all before the company went through a drastic change in hiring from bringing in a huge crowd of entry level people to now being more strategic and selective in their process. Great experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

This was a complete waste of time. They get back to you very quickly if you apply through their website to do the initial phone screen. Then they send you a sort of IQ test which is so stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with what you are interviewing for. Then I met in to meet with my recruiter who showed me around the office-which is a dump and reminded me of a college cafeteria/dorm (really Zocdoc? Your office is in Soho you should probably make it look nicer.) I met with 3 managers who all had no personality and talked about the position like it was the best thing ever which, lets be honest, is really a position of a glorified telemarketer. As soon as I left the interview I knew I didn't want to work there which is fine because I didn't get an offer even though I know without a doubt I was overqualified for the position. Zocdoc is stupid and so is your logo. (And no I am not bitter about not getting this job, I got a much better job which is paying me way more than Zocdoc would have.)

Interview Questions

• Why Zocdoc? Why sales? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

INTERVIEW PROCESS
    I sent in an application directly from their website. Within 2 days, an internal senior sales recruiter gave me a call for a brief, 10-minute phone screen to get a sense for my interest in the role. At the end of that call, he explained that HR would send me a pre-hiring screening online test in two parts: the first testing logic/quantitative skill, and the other being a personality test.

I completed the test that same day and the recruiter actually called me later that day to set up the first set of in-person interviews at their offices, with two sales managers who had also started from the Sales Origination Associate (SOA) role.

The next and final set of interviews was with two senior sales managers, each taking around 30 minutes.

After that interview, it took another two days before I heard back from the recruiter: that in this case the managers decided to go with someone else, with their primary concern being that my longer-term focus was not necessarily on a longer-term career in Sales at the company but making an impact in communications at a company doing important work in health tech (when responding to the question, "where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?")

OTHER INFO
    The recruiter I worked with was professional, honest, knowledgeable, and helpful: before each interview he told me who I'd be meeting with and also what they'd be looking for. I worked with Jason K, senior recruiter.

Having seen a bunch of earlier, negative Glassdoor reviews about the interview process, it was good to see that the company had re-organized and restructured its team to focus on selling in as ethical and mutually-beneficial way as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews, first talked with recruiter.
    - Met with 2 sales execs, 2 separate 30 min interview
    - Met with Account Executive, 1 hour
    - Skyped with senior sales manager for 45 min.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, and they want you to have relevant examples.

Ex) Tell me about the best constructive criticism you've ever received?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out asked if I had interest. Did a quick phone screen, asked about sales experience basic background information. I was turned off by the phone screen due to me asking about growth in the company, which the recruiter said if you want a job do not ask that question in the next interview. Told me pay was 45,000 then asked him to clarify and it was really 35,000. The whole time he was promoting how amazing the office was and the comradery.
    When you get there it feels like the life has been suck out of the room. You have two interviews with the sales managers who ask basic questions about your background and ask you to role play a cold call. Finally you take a personality test and something similar to a Wonderlic, which they claim do not count for anything. After spending a hour and a half there they tell you the next round requires you to come back for another round.

Sales Origination Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief tour of the office space. It serves as a technique to calm the interviewee down, but it can backfire with all that's going on and the employees looking miserable. The interview itself was ok. I was interviewed by 2 senior members of the sales team. The first one was not nice and slightly unprofessional, second interviewer was better. Then you take a personality test on the computer. Overall I got a frat like atmosphere from the place.

Interview Questions

• They might ask you to do a role play where you are pretending to set an appointment with a prospective Doctor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online almost three months ago, then I get a email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. Phone interview goes will recruiter is really nice, he states he will go over everything and be in touch in the next couple days. Two days go by and get a second email to schedule a in person interview with the Sales manager and sales director. They inform me the process will take about two hours. The recruiter calls night before to confirm. I arrive early and met recruiter and he gives me a tour of the office space and break room area. I sat in a small room and I met with the Sales manager first. He was very friendly. Spoke with him for about 30 mins, asked typical interview questions, but also through in some jokes. Then the sales director came in and I can immediately tell he already decided he wasn't going to move forward with my application just based on the look he gave me when he entered the room. We did a role play to test my sales skills. After awkwardly talking with him for another 30 mins they have me take a personality and math test. This could have been done at home. I will say this company does not hirer many ethic groups. There may have been three asain people and two black guys. The rest of the staff were white people. They hire people in the 22-35 year age range. The interview wasn't very difficult. I do feel like it was a waste of my time in the end. I usually take something from every interview and improve on for the next, this one I wouldn't have done anything differently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter reaches out for a pre-interview screening when interested. Then follows up during the week with appointment times, as well as another call to go over what is helpful to get the position the day before the interview. Recruiter also provided names and linkedin profiles to the interviewers. The recruiter meets you in the lobby then walks you around the office, showing all of the digs and then shows the sales floor before showing you to the interview booth. Then two separate 30 minute interviews with former SOA's who have moved along that ask behavioral questions, mock sales call and in my experience there were no direct questions about my resume. Afterwards a 30 minute assessment on the computer, 15 minute timed assessment with SAT style or logic/detail questions then a behavioral assessment that is expected to be completed in 15 minutes.

On a Personal Note,

One of the interviewers looked tired and did not seem interested in interviewing me, which could be understandable at an end of the day interview slot, but I felt very unwelcomed by non-verbal language/communication and his lack of communication. The interviewer was aware of the glassdoor reviews as he brought them up defensively when I did not, after I asked a sales related question. In an interview, the interviewer still has to sell the position to the interviewee, and keep face throughout the process even if the candidate is not to their liking in order to keep a professional face for the company. I had multiple job opportunities and moved around my schedule to meet the expectations for zocdoc because it was my priority, so to feel unwelcomed as well as not sold at the end of the interview, was upsetting. Sometimes at the end of the day you are off your witt, which I have experienced working full-time but that is for the responsibility of the interviewer/company to understand, so that person whos not on his game does not turn away talented candidates. Everybody else that had the job to be friendly to me, such as the recruiters and receptionists did a great job and I did not have a bad experience with the first interviewer.

I could see out of most of the faces from the sales floor, many were avoiding eye contact. They did not seem excited to see an interviewee, could mean either they are too used to seeing people interview/come and go or they just don't care about making relationships with new people as nobody had it in them to smile back. It felt more like a walk through the lunch room than a walk through a professional office from the individuals within. Though the atmosphere was not a conventional setting ("Start-Up"), that is no means for negating professionalism and networking behavior considering the possibility of the next interviewee could be the next CEO of the company. I would have thought that there would be a little more social integrity within the structure of the company with such a potential altruistic healthcare service. After my experience I am hesitant to use the service itself because of the people selling it's product, since I do not trust their integrity as people, which accumulated through these various interactions.

Glassdoor was very helpful in letting me understand what the process would entail, but it should not dishearten you for applying for this position. Sales is tough, and you should understand that going into the interview that if you got the position it wouldn't be fairies and unicorns but hard work and persistence. ZocDoc wants persistent, confident and cunning salesman/woman, but also seemingly depends on what suits their needs rather than your own, which I picked up from only an hour or so of interactions, work would most likely engage in the same manner.

Having doubts about a company or a sale can come back to bite you immediately or down the line, so if you are without doubts and are fully confident, you should pursue this growth opportunity.

And maybe I'm just salty because I did not get the position ;)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five and then ten years from now?   Answer Question