Zocdoc Sales Origination Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Sales Origination Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with three employees and included a mock sale. The process took approximately a week. I thought the process was efficient and the questions asked were reasonable.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a three-interview series when I met them in person. First it was a general interview followed by a mock sale, followed by an interview about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• What have I done to make my current job more efficient?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Expect to be interviewed by four or more people. One interviewee will have you go through a mock sales call process, during which you are expected to answer rapid questions/create solutions. Make sure you have a thorough understanding of what the platform does for both doctors and clients before you go in. Download the app and check it out for yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I met with 3 people . Two out of the three were GREAT. My interview was 1.5 hours long, so 30 minutes each person. The last interviewer seem uninterested.

Interview Questions

• Why sales ? They really want you to be verrryy interested in sales   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple of days later. We scheduled a phone interview for the following day. The phone interview was common questions about my job experience and challenges etc. After the phone interview they ask you if you would be willing to come to the office for an in person interview. I did that the following day. Be prepared to be interviewed by three people 30 mins each. First interview was ok, similar to the phone conversation. Second interview was more about organization skills and growth. Third one was role play and some coaching. Overall, I thought I did pretty well and I was surprised when I got an email a couple days later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most hectic day and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was easy and comprehensive. I initially applied on a Sunday, and was in contact with the Human Resources Director (Jason Koslow) by that Tuesday. Jason was professional, caring, and supportive. Following, I had multiple interviews with a range of employees at the company. Each of them had started at lower level positions and worked their way up over time. It was exciting to see how much individual growth opportunity Zocdoc offered employees. The interview questions were straight forward and fair. They were looking for honest answers; not to play games with you or trip you up. My interview experience game me a very positive outlook on the company and definitely influenced my decision to accept a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Sat down with two different people. The first ask you about your resume and asked you basic interview questions, like what was your biggest accomplishments.. etc. The Second told you about the job you would be doing if you received the job. You would be thrown in cold calling and training right away. And than it ended with some role play.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

This was a complete waste of time. They get back to you very quickly if you apply through their website to do the initial phone screen. Then they send you a sort of IQ test which is so stupid and has absolutely nothing to do with what you are interviewing for. Then I met in to meet with my recruiter who showed me around the office-which is a dump and reminded me of a college cafeteria/dorm (really Zocdoc? Your office is in Soho you should probably make it look nicer.) I met with 3 managers who all had no personality and talked about the position like it was the best thing ever which, lets be honest, is really a position of a glorified telemarketer. As soon as I left the interview I knew I didn't want to work there which is fine because I didn't get an offer even though I know without a doubt I was overqualified for the position. Zocdoc is stupid and so is your logo. (And no I am not bitter about not getting this job, I got a much better job which is paying me way more than Zocdoc would have.)

Interview Questions

• Why Zocdoc? Why sales? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online via the website and the recruiter called me right after. I had a discussion with him, then took a personality assessment, afterwards was invited to come in to speak to the two managers and an inside sales executive. A few days after I was invited again to meet with the inside sales manager for a mock cold call. Overall the process was very smooth, quick, and efficient. Shout out to Shaun the sales recruiter! Shaun was supremely helpful along the entire interview process. He was without a doubt supportive, transparent, and genuine. They extended me an offer, however I decided to move forward with another company. DON'T listen to any of the hateful comments of the interview process on here. That was all before the company went through a drastic change in hiring from bringing in a huge crowd of entry level people to now being more strategic and selective in their process. Great experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

INTERVIEW PROCESS
    I sent in an application directly from their website. Within 2 days, an internal senior sales recruiter gave me a call for a brief, 10-minute phone screen to get a sense for my interest in the role. At the end of that call, he explained that HR would send me a pre-hiring screening online test in two parts: the first testing logic/quantitative skill, and the other being a personality test.

I completed the test that same day and the recruiter actually called me later that day to set up the first set of in-person interviews at their offices, with two sales managers who had also started from the Sales Origination Associate (SOA) role.

The next and final set of interviews was with two senior sales managers, each taking around 30 minutes.

After that interview, it took another two days before I heard back from the recruiter: that in this case the managers decided to go with someone else, with their primary concern being that my longer-term focus was not necessarily on a longer-term career in Sales at the company but making an impact in communications at a company doing important work in health tech (when responding to the question, "where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?")

OTHER INFO
    The recruiter I worked with was professional, honest, knowledgeable, and helpful: before each interview he told me who I'd be meeting with and also what they'd be looking for. I worked with Jason K, senior recruiter.

Having seen a bunch of earlier, negative Glassdoor reviews about the interview process, it was good to see that the company had re-organized and restructured its team to focus on selling in as ethical and mutually-beneficial way as possible.