Zocdoc Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Zocdoc

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

As usual, phone then onsite.

Very easy algo questions.

Then mostly yada, yada hypothetical design questions.

They keep mention trust and doing good work for society.

Couple days after HR calls, and says you did good and they will prepare an offer.
So you stop interviewing/applying with other companies, thinking i would rather do something good for society, even if pay is low.

Week after HR calls and says there is no offer. So all that talk about trust is meaningless.

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

One Skype round - coding, followed by 4 rounds onsite (all technical). The questions were average difficulty. I fell short in one of the design rounds. The HR is very cooperative and responsive. Over all a good experience and enjoyed solving the problems

Interview Questions

• Skype - array related problem. Looking for the most optimized solution. Started with a working solution and then went on to better it. At each element of the array give the sum of all other numbers. Return this new array.   1 Answer
    • Word break problem. Given a string and a dictionary , check if the string can be broken down into words presented in the dictionary.   1 Answer
    • Design a file system   Answer Question
    • Design an online booking system.   Answer Question
    • Design the game of mario   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Exactly as others said. First a recruiter reaches out and explains the process; the level of interaction is very similar to Google's recruiters which is to say they are very good. Second step is a Skype interview. This is the hardest one; for me it was two coding problems. Last step is an on-site with four interviewers. This consisted of two design and one coding round. The last one was with a director who gave me the option of design or coding.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (Scottsdale, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

3 rounds. Phone interview with recruiter. Skype interview with NY. 1:1 interview in Scottsdale. Last one on site. Expect to whiteboard technical details. Background check. Verbal Skills assessment with lead engineer.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc in February 2018.

Interview

The whole process was good. I had a good experience. The recruiter was good in responding to questions and setting up the interview. I was interviewed over skype. They asked me a medium difficulty problem. The video interviewer answered most of the questions related to company and job responsibilities. However, for the technical interview, he did not provide any hints if I was moving in the correct direction or not. Eventually, I ended up giving him a not so effective solution.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me for an interview. I hesitated initially but decided to give them a chance. It started with a phone screen and being asked a technical puzzle. I aced that and was brought in for a full day of onsite interviews which led to an offer immediately after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone screen technical question was probably the most toughest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Spent some time pushing hard for the numbers I wanted and was ultimately able to walk away with something I was happy with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First a normal recruiter phone call to go over your resume, then setup a 1:1 on Skype with live C# coding via collabedit (not a real compiler or intellisense but the interviewer can see what you type). The interviewer was nice and friendly. I did not make it past the Skype round. The feedback I received was "I was not tech savvy for the position".

Interview Questions

• What does bad code mean to you?   2 Answers
    • How would you implement a system that resembles 'tinyurl'? What is the complexity of your approach?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with new technology?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with performance related issues?   Answer Question
    • Given an integer array, write a program that returns an array with elements = product of the integers in input array except the one in its position. Ex: Given input: [2, 3, 10, 4, 5], output: [600, 400, 120, 300, 240]
      What is the complexity of your program? When will your program not work? Below is what I presented (O(n)), but it did not qualify me for the next round.   6 Answers

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Call with their internal recruiter who was trying to classify me to see which job I'd be best for. Not so great part is that they make you feel like there's a gazillion other candidates (which is probably gonna be the case), so they pushed my call out by another 30 mins, then was 5-10 minutes late to the call. It's great that you've attracted a lot of candidates, but I think it's not a great hiring process to be disrespectful to potential candidates... not a way to attract top talent.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences working with big databases?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The first interview was with a technical recruiter who asked a simple technical question about an array. I got through and the next round was a skype interview - The interviewer was polite and ensured that I had understood the question well. The interview was ok. I got an email in a few days about the candidacy moving forward. The onsite interview was scheduled in a week and the interview lasted about 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The first interviewer asked 2 coding questions - one was an application of binary search and the second was an application of graph traversal. The second and third interviews were 100% design questions. The last interview with the director had only coding questions. I felt like I had done the coding questions really well. Got an email in 4 days after the final interview that they werent making the offer. The interviewers expressed their love for the job and seems like a nice place to work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Another clueless startup which is struggling to figure out how to justify funds spent with respect to talent and results. I suspect they interview senior candidates more as a brain-drain exercise than to actually hire them. I was constantly asked during the interview how the project manager should do his job, and one of the guys who interviewed me seemed totally clueless as to the question he was asking. A couple of them said they were frustrated with the democratic process, as there can sometimes be too many voices in the din and difficulty with the decision making process. This points to a lack of leadership. After going through about 7 of their technologists and answering questions fairly unrelated to the role I was interviewing for, I met with the CEO who seemed generally positive but the next day they came back with a decision of "decided to pass". One can only guess what's going through their minds but it's not due to lack of technical skills, communication or track record on my part. Companies which make wrong decisions on talent are doomed in the long term.

Interview Questions

• How would I do the project manager's job? How would I solve their actual problems, during the interview. Seemed more like a free consultation for them than an interview to get hired.   1 Answer