Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

HR:
Regular Hr Screening.

Phone interview:
Given: Actors did multiple movies. Movies with Multiple actors.
-Make hash tables both ways that contain list of movies for actors and list of actors for movies.
- Check if an actor has done a movie with another actor.
- Check if two actors have worked with at least one same actor.

OnSite:
Interview 1:
Q1 Simple Hash Table occurrence count in an array and return false if not found.
Q2 Return place with min distance from an array of location Objects (distance is a property on location object)

Interview 2:
Do Binary Search on a Matrix.

Interview 3:
OOD Chess.

Recruiter after the interview: "The interviewers will meet today and you will know the decision by tomorrow."
but got back to me after a week. Said there was some sort of delay in the decision process.

Really good interviewers and good HR .
Seemed like a good place to work
As a small company they may not have a position for you even if you do very well. As this is what happened with me.

Interview Questions

• Algorithms, Projects and current position work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

After I applied online through website, I got initial screen call, to know more about my background. Next step was skype interview which was 60 minutes long. Interview questions were pretty average. Coderpad was used for interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement Queue using 2 stacks   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Phone Screening by HR & Online Coding Challenge.
    HR calls you about a week later and if you pass the HR phone screening, a software engineer will skype call you with a link to a shared coding screen

Interview Questions

• HR: Simple data structure related questions
      Coding: Saving movie records and looking it up in O(1) time   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I interviewed onsite in New York. The recruiting team was really responsive and helpful. I met five engineers on my day of interview. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to approach. Some of them joined for a year and some have been with Zocdoc for four, five years. They all mentioned that Zocdoc has a nice collaborative culture, which I could feel by talking to them. The office looked really nice as well. I came in on a rainy day but inside the office it was so bright and vivid. I’m not sure why other reviews were so negative.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First round phone screen with Recruiter. Then one hour google hangout technical interview with an engineer. If you make it past the technical interview, you will be invited to their HQ for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of three interviews, as well as a lunch with the other potential interns and some of the full time engineers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They seem like they really like to see your thought process when solving a problem. Brush up on data structures and make sure to check for edge cases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The recruiters were really nice and I received a phone interview with them. The interviewer called me 25 minutes late and he basically rushed through the whole interview. We finished in ~40 minutes with no time for questions at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Applied through ZocDoc website. Recruiter replied back very quickly, then scheduled a phone interview. After one phone interview, had 3 rounds of onsite interviews. Each round was between 45 minutes and 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was an algorithm question and can be found on this site.

The next interviewer asked a OO design question which can be found on this site. HR's feedback was that I used a single letter variable name and my design choice was not good even though I did not end up going with that choice as my final design.

The next interviewer asked a system design question. From the feedback, the interviewer said my design was inadequate. When I pressed further on this, she said although my final design for a table was correct, but the initial design wasn't, and I was "coaxed" to correct the design. I don't recall being coaxed and don't know how you can coax someone in an interview.

Looks wise, the office is the worst I've seen. The office looks like an old high school. From the feedback I got, the work environment sounds as toxic and juvenile as the office. Just look at the reviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc in June 2017.

Interview

One of the interviewers came off very pretentious, the other one seemed like a decent person but was far from a good interviewer. They had little care about my background.

answered the algorithm question correctly but got a rejection letter after. My perspective is that Zocdoc is an overall a picky unicorn company.

Best of luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Didn't go further than the first phone call as a HR recruiter started to ask me, on the phone, non sense algorithmic question for a fullstack web position.
    No, knowing how to sort an gigantic array with low memory on the phone is not what make problem solver, it's what make good students.

Interview Questions

• (over the phone) How to sort an array with millions of entry on a computer with low memory   5 Answers