Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, then given a take-home technical assignment. After that is a technical Skype interview. The on-site comes after, but I wasn't able to pass the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that, given an integer, will return it as an array. E.g., given 1234, return [1, 2, 3, 4].   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fun -- brief phone interview question with a simple algo problem, long in person session with 4 people. Each session went approximately 45 minutes. One Q was standard whiteboarding; they really focus on problem solving which was really fun. Interviewers are really nice and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Logically design an elevator system.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR quickly after submitting online. A friend suggested I apply. The HR was polite and enthusiastic about the whole thing. She also asked me basic tech question. Second phone call /skype interview with two developers - This is where is all went south.
    They asked me a question - I gave the most optimal solution . But they had something specific in mind about how the question should be answered so they can use the tricks they learnt about the question. So they made me do a not so optimal brute force and then optimize it in a way they probably knew how to. Why not just change the question if the guy gave the most optimal answer? not sure what it tells about their company/developer skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

HR called me and asked a simple complexity time question. Then I was signed up for a skype interview, and got asked a fairly normal problem. Nothing too difficult but not to easy. Third round i went into their office in NY and was interviewed by 2 senior engineers and the CTO. The CTO round was challenging, and I barely solved the problem, but the 2 senior rounds are fair to medium difficulty. Overall, the interview process is much better and quicker than other that of companies'.

Interview Questions

• Given an n sided die with a matrix of side weights, write a function that given n calls, the probability distribution is what is expected of the n sided die with its given weights.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc in January 2016.

Interview

Horrible experience.
    HR or someone called me, but late and past the scheduled time, and seemed does not know what I am applying for, so instead of introducing me the position or anything about the company, directly I am asked what I am applying for and what I want to do, then directly reject me on the phone. It's really a waste of time to get to know this wired company, and btw, they use M$ dot net to build their website.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I completed the coding challenge at career fair which gurantedd me an interview. Pretty much you're in a room for 3 hours, an hour for each person you see. All of them ask some variety of coding and design questions and some of them don't really guide you through what they're looking for. It was weird cause when they called they gave a blanket answer like "we're looking for high caliber coders"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Went to school's career fair, met engineers there and then got an onsite interview. Two rounds.

1. The first round was mainly about project on resume and general questions. Then white board about SQL JOIN, not hard but need to think for a while. Something about the doctor appointment history data. The guy was nice. We had a great talk and he gave me his business card.

2. The second was tough, in that the interviewer was rude: he was late, seemed to be drunk, his eyes were red and he was coughing for several times. First talked about my projects, and start whiteboard even I hadn't finished my answer. Asked me to design a cache system. When I was writing down my solutions, he was always looking at his phone. I don't know if this was because I didn't answer his question well or not. But all in all, seemed to be no friendly.

The working environment is noisy, BTW. The next day got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Design a cache system for a stock platform, GetPrice(string ticket), given a ticket, i.e. company’s name, return the cached price within 15 mins   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Generally friendly interview, brief phone screen and then on-site. Phone screen was on the computer. On-site was with four interviewers, including the hiring manager. Office was a very startup-y vibe, in a good location.

Interview Questions

• Design a twitter style application. Got more complex with geo-distribution and such.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

2 skype interviews then onsite interview with 2 one-on-one interviews. Finally interviewed by founder through skype. Overall I had positive experiences. The people are nice and easy to talk with. Recruiter are helpful and give useful feedback. What a pity that I don't got the offer but still like this company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

1) Applied through Indeed prime. Recruiter emailed and set up initial introduction call.He informed about company, what business they are into and explained interview process.
    2) Two Skype interviews
    3) Three onsite interviews at New York

Overall positive experience. There are lot of enthusiastic people out there. They are very passionate about they work. All work out there is in .net. If you are not big fan of .net, you wouldn't like over there. It is true that the office is very small and wooden floor makes lot of noise.They lack number of restrooms and meeting rooms.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Interview 1 - Remove duplicates form an array
      Telephonic Interview 2 - Find if all elements from an array of strings exists in another array of strings
      Onsite Interview 1 - Binary search with tweak of finding first occurrence and last occurrence
      Onsite Interview 2 - Design battleship game
      Onsite Interview 3 - Some probability related question. Design a dice rolling algorithm in a way that 6 comes half of the time. Follow up question: If there are 3 items, A with weight 10, B with 10 and C with 5. Design an algorithm which returns one of the item from the list with probability equal to item weight. For example, If I call the algorithm 25 times, it should return A and B item 10 times and C 5 times. Interviewer wanted the solution in O(log n) time compexity
      Answer Question