Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I interviewed onsite in New York. The recruiting team was really responsive and helpful. I met five engineers on my day of interview. Everyone was extremely nice and easy to approach. Some of them joined for a year and some have been with Zocdoc for four, five years. They all mentioned that Zocdoc has a nice collaborative culture, which I could feel by talking to them. The office looked really nice as well. I came in on a rainy day but inside the office it was so bright and vivid. I’m not sure why other reviews were so negative.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

First round phone screen with Recruiter. Then one hour google hangout technical interview with an engineer. If you make it past the technical interview, you will be invited to their HQ for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of three interviews, as well as a lunch with the other potential interns and some of the full time engineers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. They seem like they really like to see your thought process when solving a problem. Brush up on data structures and make sure to check for edge cases.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

The recruiters were really nice and I received a phone interview with them. The interviewer called me 25 minutes late and he basically rushed through the whole interview. We finished in ~40 minutes with no time for questions at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Applied through ZocDoc website. Recruiter replied back very quickly, then scheduled a phone interview. After one phone interview, had 3 rounds of onsite interviews. Each round was between 45 minutes and 1 hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was an algorithm question and can be found on this site.

The next interviewer asked a OO design question which can be found on this site. HR's feedback was that I used a single letter variable name and my design choice was not good even though I did not end up going with that choice as my final design.

The next interviewer asked a system design question. From the feedback, the interviewer said my design was inadequate. When I pressed further on this, she said although my final design for a table was correct, but the initial design wasn't, and I was "coaxed" to correct the design. I don't recall being coaxed and don't know how you can coax someone in an interview.

Looks wise, the office is the worst I've seen. The office looks like an old high school. From the feedback I got, the work environment sounds as toxic and juvenile as the office. Just look at the reviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc in June 2017.

Interview

One of the interviewers came off very pretentious, the other one seemed like a decent person but was far from a good interviewer. They had little care about my background.

answered the algorithm question correctly but got a rejection letter after. My perspective is that Zocdoc is an overall a picky unicorn company.

Best of luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Didn't go further than the first phone call as a HR recruiter started to ask me, on the phone, non sense algorithmic question for a fullstack web position.
    No, knowing how to sort an gigantic array with low memory on the phone is not what make problem solver, it's what make good students.

Interview Questions

• (over the phone) How to sort an array with millions of entry on a computer with low memory   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, then given a take-home technical assignment. After that is a technical Skype interview. The on-site comes after, but I wasn't able to pass the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that, given an integer, will return it as an array. E.g., given 1234, return [1, 2, 3, 4].   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fun -- brief phone interview question with a simple algo problem, long in person session with 4 people. Each session went approximately 45 minutes. One Q was standard whiteboarding; they really focus on problem solving which was really fun. Interviewers are really nice and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Logically design an elevator system.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR quickly after submitting online. A friend suggested I apply. The HR was polite and enthusiastic about the whole thing. She also asked me basic tech question. Second phone call /skype interview with two developers - This is where is all went south.
    They asked me a question - I gave the most optimal solution . But they had something specific in mind about how the question should be answered so they can use the tricks they learnt about the question. So they made me do a not so optimal brute force and then optimize it in a way they probably knew how to. Why not just change the question if the guy gave the most optimal answer? not sure what it tells about their company/developer skills.