Zocdoc Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

Applied through ZocDoc website. Recruiter replied back very quickly, then scheduled a phone interview. After one phone interview, had 3 rounds of onsite interviews. Each round was between 45 minutes and 1 hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Zocdoc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview was an algorithm question and can be found on this site.

The next interviewer asked a OO design question which can be found on this site. HR's feedback was that I used a single letter variable name and my design choice was not good even though I did not end up going with that choice as my final design.

The next interviewer asked a system design question. From the feedback, the interviewer said my design was inadequate. When I pressed further on this, she said although my final design for a table was correct, but the initial design wasn't, and I was "coaxed" to correct the design. I don't recall being coaxed and don't know how you can coax someone in an interview.

Looks wise, the office is the worst I've seen. The office looks like an old high school. From the feedback I got, the work environment sounds as toxic and juvenile as the office. Just look at the reviews.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zocdoc in June 2017.

Interview

One of the interviewers came off very pretentious, the other one seemed like a decent person but was far from a good interviewer. They had little care about my background.

answered the algorithm question correctly but got a rejection letter after. My perspective is that Zocdoc is an overall a picky unicorn company.

Best of luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Didn't go further than the first phone call as a HR recruiter started to ask me, on the phone, non sense algorithmic question for a fullstack web position.
    No, knowing how to sort an gigantic array with low memory on the phone is not what make problem solver, it's what make good students.

Interview Questions

• (over the phone) How to sort an array with millions of entry on a computer with low memory   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, then given a take-home technical assignment. After that is a technical Skype interview. The on-site comes after, but I wasn't able to pass the Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Write a method that, given an integer, will return it as an array. E.g., given 1234, return [1, 2, 3, 4].   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fun -- brief phone interview question with a simple algo problem, long in person session with 4 people. Each session went approximately 45 minutes. One Q was standard whiteboarding; they really focus on problem solving which was really fun. Interviewers are really nice and fun to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Logically design an elevator system.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zocdoc in July 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR quickly after submitting online. A friend suggested I apply. The HR was polite and enthusiastic about the whole thing. She also asked me basic tech question. Second phone call /skype interview with two developers - This is where is all went south.
    They asked me a question - I gave the most optimal solution . But they had something specific in mind about how the question should be answered so they can use the tricks they learnt about the question. So they made me do a not so optimal brute force and then optimize it in a way they probably knew how to. Why not just change the question if the guy gave the most optimal answer? not sure what it tells about their company/developer skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zocdoc (New York, NY).

Interview

HR called me and asked a simple complexity time question. Then I was signed up for a skype interview, and got asked a fairly normal problem. Nothing too difficult but not to easy. Third round i went into their office in NY and was interviewed by 2 senior engineers and the CTO. The CTO round was challenging, and I barely solved the problem, but the 2 senior rounds are fair to medium difficulty. Overall, the interview process is much better and quicker than other that of companies'.

Interview Questions

• Given an n sided die with a matrix of side weights, write a function that given n calls, the probability distribution is what is expected of the n sided die with its given weights.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc in January 2016.

Interview

Horrible experience.
    HR or someone called me, but late and past the scheduled time, and seemed does not know what I am applying for, so instead of introducing me the position or anything about the company, directly I am asked what I am applying for and what I want to do, then directly reject me on the phone. It's really a waste of time to get to know this wired company, and btw, they use M$ dot net to build their website.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zocdoc.

Interview

I completed the coding challenge at career fair which gurantedd me an interview. Pretty much you're in a room for 3 hours, an hour for each person you see. All of them ask some variety of coding and design questions and some of them don't really guide you through what they're looking for. It was weird cause when they called they gave a blanket answer like "we're looking for high caliber coders"