Zodiac Pool Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zodiac Pool Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Zodiac Pool Systems

2.2

Administration Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems.

Interview

They use a staffing agencies for most of their hiring, the initial contact was from the agency. I worked there three months and was offered the job, the offer was standard and with offer letter.

Negotiation

At the time they told me there was no negotiating the salary.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (Vista, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

1. Phone screen with HR.
    2. 1st interview: In face with HR (30mins), In face with Engr Mgr and Engr Direction (1hr)
    3. 2nd interview: In face with VP Engr, SVP Engr, 2 other VPs from other dept.
    4. Dinner: shortly after 2nd interview will all VPs and Engr Manager

All questions were related to job history and job description. No technical questions to solve, only approach. No surprises. Dinner is a character and 'social fit' test.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a difficult employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Lack of depth... If a company is a great place to work, then there should be no concerns why people would quit. Why do I know this? because in my last company I was responsible for hiring five engineers....great place to work that is why they are still there 10 years later. It is like this everywhere....insecurity gets you nowhere. If an engineering is treated as a number then you will get meritocracy. The work environment was dead....too quiet. Good place to work if you need paycheck.

Interview Questions

• Question were not very in depth ...superficial...not very challenging.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (Vista, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Expect to interview twice morning. Review your resume before the interview. Prepare for all rewards, patents that you have. Explain thoroughly about your pass skill and experiences. Come in 10 minutes earlier in the front lobby.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (Vista, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Email, numerous phone conversations and onsite interview with Hiring Manager and other Managers of various titles and levels, but no staff level people. No tour of facility offered.

Interview was not very technical, more of a personality check and brief background on history of projects I worked on. I do not understand why they did not involve any staff level people in the interview, people you would be working with so that you can judge some technical points, level of intelligience and to also see how they like working for the company and how you may fit.

I talked to the Hiring Manager on the phone but when I met him in person he came off as being very dry and flaky and I got a strange vibe from him that made me uncomfortable. It just seemed like he was not listening to me and that his mind was elsewhere, I gave it more time to break the ice before passing judgement, but it did not get any better. I noticed one of the other Managers had similar traits, a few of the other Senior Managers were much better and easier to talk to and seemed to listen. At this point I was not feeling too good about the job prospect.

Since I did not meet or was interviewed by other Engineers I would be working with, I did some intel on LinkedIn on the current staff, work history and time with the company and it appears many are quite new, this was a red flag with turnover, saw that many long tenure employees were no longer there and were working elsewhere.

I also relied on the company reviews of Engineers on Glassdoor to draw some conclusions, saw a few terms being dropped which I could see in the Hiring Manager and others during the interview process which reinforced my feelings.

I did receive an offer but turned it down for something better which was a better fit and paid much more compensation.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle criticism on your work?   2 Answers

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vista, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (Vista, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Zodiac recruiter got my name from LinkedIn and asked to talk by phone. We played a little phone tag but eventually connected. I was asked to fill out an online questionnaire with salary requirements and submit a resume then come in for an interview with the department head. The interview went quite well. The questions were casual in nature and involved comparing what I do at my current employer which is very similar to zodiac. We finished the interview at about 7:00 pm. I was told zodiac takes a long time to hire so I did not expect to hear anything right away.

I was contacted before 8 am the next day and asked to return for a second interview with two product managers and a software engineer.

The second interview did not go as well. I am not really sure what went wrong but body language and tone of conversation seemed less positive from my perspective. Apparently the same was true for at least one of the people I met because a week later the recruiter contacted me and said they wanted to keep looking which I took to mean they were not interested. Although the position is still open, I do not expect to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in water care?   2 Answers

Salesforce Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (New York, NY).

Interview

The process was such a strange, mixed experience. Was first contacted by a recruiter who then ghosted me for about a week until the HR manager followed up. I eventually had a phone interview with the hiring manager who invited me to an in person panel interview.

The panel interviews were fine, if somewhat uncommonly long from my experience. Only a few interviewers seemed to be in a position to discuss job specifics. The focus was mainly on 'culture fit'.

At the end of the interview I was given a set time period to expect feedback, which was impressive. The only problem was they never followed up.

There was complete radio silence following the interview. No response from HR or the hiring team to my follow-up email, no 'thanks but no thanks' email (it's been almost a month now). It's like the six people I had interacted with just vanished from the face of the planet.

Despite my initial favorable impression of the company, in the end my experience has left me seeing their operation as very unprofessional. Employers should treat candidates better than this.

Interview Questions

• How are you with working in a close, collaborative, and busy environment?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zodiac Pool Systems (San Diego, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

The interview process has been very enjoyable. Everyone has been friendly and the communication has been excellent. So far I have completed the initial phone screening and I am awaiting my second phone interview as we speak. I am really just writing this review so that I can read all of the other reviews that have been posted by current or former employees.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any previous experience building mobile applications.   1 Answer