Zoll Data Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zoll Data Systems Interview Questions

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

First interview with HR over your resume. I believe this is called screening interview.

Second interview was with managers, mostly going over resume and see if you fit with the company culture and have the skill sets required for the job.

Third interview was with team leads and developers (2+ hours). This is mostly technical. Your MCSE, MCPD certification won't matter here and it won't help answering the "real" technical questions. You need to know what you applied for. Questions will be asked based on what level you have applied (junior, mid, senior). Question will not be "define this, define that" It will be more like "why do you use this, when do you use this, on what scenario you would use this" It won't be theoretical, it will be more into "utilization" of proper code in proper place.

Interview Questions

• regularly used design patterns ... explain them and scenario where you can use it.
      how do you use interface? why do you use interface? why not abstract class instead of interface?
      dependency injection, why DI? benefits ... MOQ, unit testing etc??
      refactoring ... what's the use of it?
      List vs IEnumerable ...
      javascript = vs == vs ===
      way of doing null or empty in Javascript, difference between them.

Again if you are trying to get job based on some fancy certification, this is not the place. With my experience so far, we look for experienced coders. Interview question will NOT be definitions. Another reason I choose ZOLL over other two offers.
      Answer Question
    • What do you do in free times? This is not a employment deciding question. Be yourself.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems (Broomfield, CO) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and the HR rep immediately emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Within the same week, I had a phone interview, three 1:1 interviews, and a panel interview. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. There were a variety of different questions, and although I was grilled in the panel interview, I genuinely enjoyed meeting everyone. I was actually really surprised that they didn't move me forward. The only thing I disliked was that I received a form rejection email; given the amount of time I spent there in one week, I would have appreciated a more personalized rejection. It seems like a great company to work for; I suspect the culture fit wasn't right for me.

Software Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Difficult to really peg what they were looking for, first I received an email stating that they had chosen to go another way and so I didn't think anything of it an continued in my job search, then a week later I received an email saying they wanted an initial phone interview, which confused me because they had already emailed me telling me that they weren't interested in me, but I went ahead with the phone interview. After speaking with the HR person he scheduled an in person interview. I went in and interviewed with a really nice lady, we interviewed for a little over an hour and it was quite enjoyable. She had stated that they were in the process of interviewing several people and that I would most likely hear back from them in a few weeks. The next day I received an email from the HR person saying that they were going another way, so again, it was a bit confusing. If they were to call me back and make an offer I most likely would not accept, the reason being is that the environment, although in a fairly new building, is quite sterile and lacking personality. People seemed to just be wondering around. I saw the same person 4 times in the hallway going in and going out of the interview, each time he had a different food item in his hands and he didn't seem like he was doing much of anything other than foraging. That and the lack of knowing whether they are coming or going given the several conflicting emails I have received, tells me that they don't really seem to have any specific goals or rules to follow. The dress code must be nearly non-existent as I saw some people in what I would call business casual, nice top and slacks, and then many of them were in t-shirts and wrinkled corduroy or jeans so it was hard to gauge really what their mission was, what they represented or even what kind of leadership they had. I even saw a couple of ladies walking around with infants so it was weird to say the least. I would say that if you did have a specific direction in life you just might fit in with this group of people, but if you are goal oriented and have a strong understanding of and respect for structure, you would be wise to steer clear of this establishment. It just seemed like a very disorganized process.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions asked to me were on a two page sheet that the interviewing manager followed, things like give an example of your most difficult experience in...
      They were standard interviewing questions that anyone would ask but I must say I have never been in an interview before where someone read a question to me off of a piece of paper.
      1 Answer

Zoll Data Systems Response

Mar 23, 2015 – Recruiter/ HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry you had a negative experience. We value all feedback and use it to improve our processes. The initial email you received was due to an error with our ... More

Deployment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

Interviewed with HR, direct report, and the VP of Operations all in one day. They flew me into Denver and had the entire day scheduled along with providing lunch. The process started with the recruiter and HR manager, then the direct reporting supervisor came in along with the HR folks. After lunch I met with the VP of Operations for a 1 on 1 interview. They shuttled me back to the airport the same day due to me having to be back to my current job at the time.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for ZOLL?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems.

Interview

Phone interview- very long, they will dig deep into your resume so know it well, then if you pass that, you go and meet with a lot of associates for at least 4 hours. They interview a lot of people, so then you wait and wait and wait until you hear from anyone. You have to have patience for this place!

Interview Questions

• They give various situations that you have to come up with answers for relating to the position   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer (Windows) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems (Broomfield, CO) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process was thorough, but the interviewers seemed to have different agenda. I started with the hiring manager via a phone screen. Then moved on to an in-person interview. Again sat with the hiring manager, then proceeded to a panel interview. Each of the panel interviewers was asked to prepare a question, which some did and others didn't. As we moved through the panel, they were looking for MS specific commands or detailed specifics on how to solve problem X or Y, rather than looking for how the candidate would solve problems.

Interview Questions

• What SQL command would you issue to perform a complete integrity check?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoll Data Systems in January 2010.

Interview

Was a standard technical interview. Asked about general programming terms, polymorphism, encapsulation, linked lists, multi-threading etc. etc. Also asked some design questions, asked about a 3 tier architecture. No question asked to code over the phone also no coding assignments to return via email.

Interview Questions

• Asked lots of questions about things from resume. Explain how you did X thing from resume. Kept drilling down ... Explain why you chose to do it like that ... Explain as much as you can ... even down to give some code from how you accomplished this thing.   Answer Question