Zones Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Zones Interview Questions in Portland, OR

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Manager was cordial, informal but seemingly honest and genuine. Gave a rundown of duties and responsibilities of the position. Asked questions of previous jobs/titles that would align to what they were expecting.

Interview Questions

• Would you succeed at this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

College Recruiter took a long list of names at the career fair and followed up with 30 minute interviews the following day. She spoke more than I did and was really trying to sell the company. After the interview they ask you to follow up and do a personality profile.

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

Very straight forward and not easy by no means. Between the phone screens and timed online tests the in person interview was a touch demanding. They push you as much as possible to see if and how you might break down on a call. Treat everything like you are selling yourself as a resource to the person you are talking with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

First met with a recruiter at a College Career, following day recruiters did personal interviews with collegiate candidates. If selected recruiters asked you to completed an online application, which was emailed. Group of about 12 visited office location to see office environment, conduct a personal interview with a manager as well as three-typed essay questions regarding sales, business skills, an example regarding a difficult situation which you showed adversity. Upon successful completion of the in-person interview, met with the recruiter one last time, and was informed would be notified by phone if position was offered or not.

Interview Questions

• Why should we invest in training you, when we could swayed someone to come over from one of our competitors to make us more money?   Answer Question

The manager whom I did my one-on-one interview with in the Portland office, looked at my resume which detailed most of my work experience centering around my time served in the military and said: "So you've never had a real job."

Was literally speechless for a few seconds, especially after doing multiple tours overseas.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

A recruiter called me at home and had a conversation with me. He then called me later on that day for a pre-interview over the phone. He then requested some paperwork be filled out and returned to him which included an online assessment. He scheduled me for an in person interview with a sales manger a few days out. I had a sit down interview with the sales manager that lasted 30-45 minutes. I was given a tour of the facility and a very brief written exam. I was notified that I was hired on my way home from the interview and started training the following week.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary but wish I had. I would ask for more money, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informative and fun at times. They took the group out for lunch as well and answered many questions.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zones (Portland, OR) in January 2008.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The initial interview was over the phone and was followed up by a 1:1 in-person interview with HR. Upon successful completion of the in-person interview there were a few online tests to assess basic math and business skills. Once the tests are complete there is a final evaluation done via a simulated sales call (Zones provides basic instruction in how to perform the call). After the interview process is completed and a job offer is extended new employees start out in an extensive training program that includes technical knowledge as well as sales techniques.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salaries and commissions are pretty much set on two tiers. The first is for those with less experience in sales. The second tier is for those with more experience and is generally $5k higher than the first. There is little room for negotiation beyond moving to the second tier. Commissions are set based on sales volume and the final negotiated sales price between the Account Executive and customer (Zones gives sales representatives plenty of room to negotiate).