Zoom Video Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zoom Video Communications Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2018

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications in June 2018.

Interview

Questions were primarily on data structures like stack, BST, hash map. Also there was an algorithm about array finding sub array of maximum length. List of bugs to find out.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications (San Jose, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I reached out to a connection on LinkedIn about a position with Zoom. After speaking with him for a bit, he said he would forward my info to a recruiter. Soon after that, I received an email from the recruiter with a request to set up a video conference call. From there, I was set up with a video call with the hiring manager in the office I was applying for. Ultimately, it was mutually decided that I was probably a better fit for a BDR position, which I was happy to consider. This led to another video call with two more hiring managers. The whole process was swift and efficient. It was way better than I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why am I changing jobs? Do I have experience using Salesforce?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications (Denver, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

Very enjoyable, quick and straightforward. Applied and heard back from a recruiter within 48 hours to set up first interview. Had first interview with recruiter, then two separate interviews with 2 hiring managers before being invited onsite. Each interview lasted 30-45 minutes and included situational and behavioral questions.

Like in any other sales interview, I was encouraged to ask questions about the company, product, and culture.

The recruiter and hiring managers were transparent and responsive throughout. I was always given very clear next steps at the end of each interview.

The whole process took about 3 weeks, including an out-of-state on-site visit (paid for out-of-pocket).

Interview Questions

• Why Zoom?
      Tell me about your selling process?
      What things do you do to minimize sales cycle time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

1 interview on Zoom, then met with 3 people on site. Then 3 more Zoom interviews with higher management and remote managers. All within a week! I didn't mind the extra interviews because it allowed me to get a better position than what I was originally considered for.

Interview Questions

• How will you consider that your life was successful, at the end?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications in May 2017.

Interview

They had me on a couple of Zoom calls to meet the team and recruiters, then had me do a demo, then had me onsite for final interviews with the team

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Zoom works with several recruiters who hand hold the entire interview process. They initially set up a video call with a hiring manager at the specific branch. If that checks out, you will then be asked to come to the office for an in person interview. If it’s a go, they will set up a final interview with their VP of sales at HQ.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications (San Jose, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from Zoom after an employee referral. We had a phone interview, which lead to 3 other interviews via Zoom by 2 managers and then VP of Sales. After all of my interviews, I proceeded to follow up with the recruiter and after 3 weeks I was called back with an offer.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications (San Jose, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

The whole process took three weeks. Applied online and the hiring manager reached out through email three days later and we had the first round phone interview the next day. I was invited to the second round (2.5hrs) and third round (1hr) interviews, both on-site, the following week and talked with the hiring manager (skills test) and her team (total of 7 people). After that, I received requests to provide references. Two days later, recruiter called to discuss offer details.

Sales Training Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications.

Interview

Video call with standard questions about background and skill specifics. Good conversation and good match with tenure in specific role, told I would receive a call the next week. 4 weeks later, and a couple of follow ups, I was just left to assume it was filled? Then they posted the job again after 30 days....practices like that its clear why you cant find the right candidate.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoom Video Communications (Denver, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

I was extremely impressed with the overall interview process with Zoom. After submitting my resume I was contacted within 48 hours. At the time I was working full time and they did a great job of working with my current schedule.

I first met with both of the internal recruiters and they were very professional and made me feel comfortable. Then interview with two of the sales managers over a Zoom meeting. From there I came into the office and met many members of the team and got to see the amazing culture firsthand. Following that I met the head of sales and the CEO over Zoom meetings. Throughout the whole process I became more and more excited about the opportunity to join the team.

The internal recruiters were very responsive with all of my emails and worked really hard to make everything fit my schedule.