Zoombezi Bay Lifeguard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zoombezi Bay

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Lifeguard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zoombezi Bay (Powell, OH).

Interview

Interview was held on the spot at one of the job fairs (at the Columbus Zoo). Did not require a resume, only the application which was required to be filled out to attend the job fair.

Once you enter the room you are greeted by HR specialists who make sure you have everything you need, and then have you sit in a line of chairs according to which position you would like. The interview itself consisted of a group interview, which seemed to be used to screen out anyone who was extremely unqualified with questions about whether or not you can swim, why you want to be a lifeguard, and whether or not you could speak loud and clear to gain control of guests at the water park.

This was my fist real job so I had few experiences to put on my application, other than involvement in high school sports and activities. As long as you show that you are seemingly qualified to be responsible enough to monitor guests in the water park, and personable enough to interact with and instruct others on a daily basis, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to clearly communicate with guests and take control while speaking over the sound of rushing water near you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, but the position has a higher starting pay than the majority of their seasonal positions.