Zoup! Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zoup! Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2017

1.8

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoup!.

Interview

One interview. It was quick and easy and ended up being hired on the spot. Be prepared to fill out forms and start right away if a job offer is made.

Anonymous Employee in Westlake, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoup! (Westlake, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled out an online application on Zoup's website. About a week later I received a call inviting me to an interview. The interview was very relaxed and was more like a conversation than a questioning. We talked more about me personally with my school and future, and my availability more than anything.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zoup! (Strongsville, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

The manager asked me a total of maybe 3 questions that all pertained to how I would handle a negative situation which had me believe that there is never a pleasant experience here.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer is dissatisfied with their meal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zoup! (Columbus, OH).

Interview

The interviewer asked basic questions such as"Why do you want to work here?" and "What is your favorite soup?". It is very easy to talk to the interviewer and ask questions. They give you a tour behind the counter if you have never been there before.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zoup! (Carmel, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took one month.
    I received an email from the manager a month after I submitted my application. I was asked to come in for a short interview - very basic questions - and at the end, was offered to come in next week for a test shift of two hours to see if I was a good fit. I came in, and worked the soup station with no training from the manager or anyone else, but managed to make no huge mistakes - the worst I did was not filling an order of soup RIGHT to the rim. I was told I'd hear back at the end of the week, and then was made aware that the position had been filled. Another review here mentioned that they take advantage of people for free work, and they were absolutely right. This manager had over 15 people apply for this position, and got about 30 hours of free work from the lot of us.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of excellent customer service.
      Tell me about a time of poor customer service.
      What is retail?
      Why do you want to work at Zoup?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zoup! (Wilmington, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Owner speaks to you about your experience and why you want to work there, simple start. He then told me to learn the menu and come back, if I passed a quiz he would put me on the schedule for the next week. (Which he did not, it wasn't until 3 weeks later I started).

Interview Questions

• What do you like about soup?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zoup! in May 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume in an email, got an email back 4 hours later asking for an interview. Had the interview and 2 days later got a call back for a job offer.

Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zoup! in January 2015.

Interview

The ad was posted on Craigslist. I sent an e-mail with my resume. I got called the next day asking for an interview. The interview was easy, nothing stressful. A couple days later I got a call asking if I'd like to work for Zoup.

Interview Questions

• The application asked me why I wanted to work for Zoup. It was difficult to answer because I did not have a good reason aside from needing money.   Answer Question

Entry Level Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zoup! in January 2015.

Interview

Awesome, dynamic company with great opportunities, core values and wonderful people throughout the corporate office. Interview process was time efficient and thorough, while also being an enjoyable experience to participate in. This is a company that values its employees and has created a great corporate culture that openly shows how much everyone I met enjoys their job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to express why I was interested in working at Zoup, what my biggest challenges have been that I've faced at other jobs and how I handled or solved these challenges and to describe my overall strengths as an employee. Every question I answered, I felt that the team that was conducting my interview really listened to my answers and they were genuinely interested in what I had to say. I was impressed with their team and it was very comfortable to be interviewed by this group.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Zoup!.

Interview

I saw an AD on Craigslist that Zoup! was hiring (it was a new location) and I sent in my resume. About 4 days later I got a call asking if I could come for an interview. Came in 2 days later, I thought the interview went well. They asked basic questions such as "What is an example of good customer service you have gotten." and also asked me what my favorite soup was and if I have ever been to a Zoup! location before.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy, nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question