Zumiez Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Assistant Manager Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zumiez (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

quick, and easy, all we did was chat about snowboards, and skateboards, and what i could bring to the company. sweet sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet. the quick fox jumped over the fast brown dog.

Interview Questions

• where would you hide a giraffe?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Zumiez

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez (Portland, OR).

Interview

The process, while long - 3 separate interviews - was very laid-back and enjoyable. My first interview was in the seating area of the mall I first applied for, and the store manager and I just sat and chatted for about 30 minutes. It was incredibly laid-back, and he only asked 2 or 3 "interview questions" - mainly about strengths/prior experience - while the rest were "get to know you" questions focused on seeing if I would be a good fit for the company and learning my personality. It was more like meeting a new friend than being grilled for a job.
    I was then offered a slot in what they call a "gauntlet interview" - a group interview where you answer questions posed by all the store managers hiring in the district, along with the district manager.
    This was a bit more intimidating, as the questions were a lot more serious - typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary - and you were answering to the "top of the chain" and your potential bosses.
    However, it was still relatively laid-back and there were plenty of jokes thrown around. You could tell the managers genuinely enjoyed their jobs and were genuinely interested in hiring someone who would be a good fit.

I was then contacted to come to my local store to talk with the manager of that mall location, as well as a manager from another store who was interested in bringing me in. We chatted in chairs outside the shop for about 30 minutes, mostly again just general questions to get to know me, nothing typical of an interview and more or less something you'd expect when hunting for a new roommate or work-out buddy. They asked me what locations I'd be interested in working at, what hours and salary I expected, and discussed the different levels of management within the company - as they were looking for both 1st and 2nd assistants, but typically start people at 2nd.

I was offered a position as a 2nd assistant manager the next day, and while it took quite a few weeks and interviews, I've been very pleased with the process of entering the company.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

The interview was with the store manager and district manager. It was in the food court of the mall I was applying at. The store manager asked most of the questions and the district manager observed. It was very casual and easy going.

Interview Questions

• You have yourself and one sales associate on the floor, there are 3 hours left in the day, you have 3 boxes of freight and $300 to make goal, what do you do?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Walked in store, spoke with one employee, told me to fill out an application online and set up an interview for me with the store manager the following week. Hired on the spot. However, the following paperwork online took hours! Everything should go back to being on old fashioned paper.

Interview Questions

• What color would best describe me and why?   1 Answer
    • Name two personal strengths & two weaknesses/opportunities...   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one really. Pay wasn't negotiable even though I had been paid almost 3$ more at my most recent job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport News, VA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Newport News, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I handed In my application and we set up an interview for the following week. I was interviewed by the store manager who was very nice and made the interview comfortable. He asked me basic questions about being a manager with a big focus on selling.After asking me questions he preceded to tell me about how awesome the company is.The interview took about thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you keep sales associates motivated?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez in July 2009.

Interview

I met with the regional manager in the mall where Zumiez was opening a new store. We spoke for about an hour and really hit it off. I was hired on the spot. In a way I gave her a bit of an education because I had significantly more experience with the products I would be selling and a better feel for the demographics of their new location.

Interview Questions

• Would i be comfortable selling ladies swimwear.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered $10 per hour and was able to bump it up to $11. They try to entice you with their whole commission structure which turns out to be peanuts once you start working and realize what it takes to make any money there.