Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zumiez Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2016

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Junior Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Long interview process, lunch followed by two or three rounds of more standard interviews. Interviews were one on one or with 2-3 interviewers. The role was way more based on events than I anticipated. Even though I have worked a bunch in action sports, in skiing, it was not at all a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with event planning and executions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY).

Interview

So I applied online and in one hour got a call asking If I can come in for a Interview. the day on the interview I walked in and told them I am here for an interview so the store close's and It turns out to be a group interview. The group interview was pretty fun and last about for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to dance and name 5 brands we sale her at Zumiez   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Outdoor interview near the actual store location. Approximately 10 people (including myself) in the group interview I participated in. The interview is split into three parts, I only participated in the first part. Included a "relay race" where we had to ask the interviewee 5 open-ended questions and keep a conversation going therein. Then we had to write down open-ended questions that we would ask customers to help drive a sale. Then we were asked to describe something (one item) we were wearing in accordance with Zumiez' "6 Cs" (Cost, Color, Cut, Content, Care, Coordinate) product knowledge pointers. Then we were given an opportunity to ask any questions we had.

Interview Questions

• I recently moved back to Emeryville.   1 Answer
    • For the lady.   1 Answer
    • My girlfriend.   1 Answer
    • Through a mutual friend.   1 Answer
    • (high school that I can't remember the name of)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laidback and honestly a great experience. The 2 assistant managers wanted all of us to be as loud and fun and authentic as possible which I appreciated and found really cool. A lot of reviews on here mention stuff like relay races, coming up with a song, or other weird things but we weren't asked to do any of that. I really wanted this job more than anything, but unfortunately wasn't chosen to fill a position. However I have nothing negative to say about them!

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview, followed by an onsite interview of approximately 2 hours. I felt really good about the phone interview and three individual/group onsite interviews, but probably fell short interviewing with the controller. Knew I was more than qualified for the position, but didn't sell myself well enough..They gave my references a very rigorous set of questions to answer and some of my references were a bit annoyed with some of the questioning. As a side note, they contacted EVERY reference I had listed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun we took the interview after hours and we were split into two groups and had to make an outfit for a customer than they asked about our personalities and who we are

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynwood Center, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynwood Center, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual lunch with three lower lever marketing folks, followed by three rounds of classic interviews with progressively more senior employees. Some were more casual than others. None were particularly stressful. Study up on specific events and overall event strategy. Social media and content marketing are divisive topics in this office.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Weirdest interview of my life. I was called in to a group interview and instead of just asking us questions they made us sing and dance and play games with super complicated rules. I'm pretty sure I did terrible because I felt awkward dancing and singing in front of a group of strangers and even though I know retail is all about being outgoing I don't see what dancing and singing had to do with it. Anyway, once we concluded all the "games" we were each giving an individual interview in, what I can only call a closet, with one light bulb hanging from the ceiling and two of the managers. It was such a tight fit that we were all basically on top of each other and I felt very uncomfortable. I answered their questions in a hurry just to get out of there and then I left. I got a call back a few days later but I missed it and I never called back because even if they were offering me a job I didn't want it after the bizarre interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What do you know about Zumiez?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, didnt get a call back so i went into store to ask about but was given no real answer and was told to apply again online. I applied a few times but no one ever contacted me