Zumiez Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.4

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez in June 2017.

Interview

Applied, was consistently told that i would be called in for an interview the next week over the course of two months, eventually i was brought in for an interview where i was told that they were not going to hire me.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Lynnwood, WA) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called for phone screening by hiring manager, then in person interview scheduled for following week. Separately interviewed with 4 different people, 2 from marketing department, 2 from higher organizational level. One interviewer stopped in the middle of the interview to tell me that they "did not like" a person who was walking by the window of the interview room.

Took a skills test on Excel, left the interview feeling good, but was not given a time-frame for when to expect an answer.

NEVER HEARD BACK ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. This I found to be very UNPROFESSIONAL, a simple email is common courtesy. I even reached out twice to the hiring manager who contacted me and got no response. Very displeased with the overall experience.

Overall environment seemed chill, everyone was dressed casually and it seemed like a fun place to work.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zumiez (Brookfield, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

Very unprofessional, had interview in crowded food court, did not give full attention, swore consistently, employer had see through shirt. Do not reccommend. In addition, quite hard to hear back from. I had to call 3 times in order to hear anything back about the job. Poor management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

You basically have to do a group interview and try to make an informercial about a product. Then, they want you to write some answers down and at the end they give you a small talk about what you will be required to do if hired.

Interview Questions

• Why is this a good product and why would people buy it? (For infomercial)   1 Answer

Junior Marketing Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

Long interview process, lunch followed by two or three rounds of more standard interviews. Interviews were one on one or with 2-3 interviewers. The role was way more based on events than I anticipated. Even though I have worked a bunch in action sports, in skiing, it was not at all a cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with event planning and executions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY).

Interview

So I applied online and in one hour got a call asking If I can come in for a Interview. the day on the interview I walked in and told them I am here for an interview so the store close's and It turns out to be a group interview. The group interview was pretty fun and last about for half an hour.

Interview Questions

• they asked us to dance and name 5 brands we sale her at Zumiez   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Emeryville, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Outdoor interview near the actual store location. Approximately 10 people (including myself) in the group interview I participated in. The interview is split into three parts, I only participated in the first part. Included a "relay race" where we had to ask the interviewee 5 open-ended questions and keep a conversation going therein. Then we had to write down open-ended questions that we would ask customers to help drive a sale. Then we were asked to describe something (one item) we were wearing in accordance with Zumiez' "6 Cs" (Cost, Color, Cut, Content, Care, Coordinate) product knowledge pointers. Then we were given an opportunity to ask any questions we had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zumiez (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very laidback and honestly a great experience. The 2 assistant managers wanted all of us to be as loud and fun and authentic as possible which I appreciated and found really cool. A lot of reviews on here mention stuff like relay races, coming up with a song, or other weird things but we weren't asked to do any of that. I really wanted this job more than anything, but unfortunately wasn't chosen to fill a position. However I have nothing negative to say about them!

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zumiez.

Interview

First a 30 minute phone interview, followed by an onsite interview of approximately 2 hours. I felt really good about the phone interview and three individual/group onsite interviews, but probably fell short interviewing with the controller. Knew I was more than qualified for the position, but didn't sell myself well enough..They gave my references a very rigorous set of questions to answer and some of my references were a bit annoyed with some of the questioning. As a side note, they contacted EVERY reference I had listed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zumiez (Woodbridge, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was fun we took the interview after hours and we were split into two groups and had to make an outfit for a customer than they asked about our personalities and who we are